Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Democrats press Obama to wait on immigration executive action

+4
nadalfan
Sal
knothead
gatorfan
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Vikingwoman

PkrBum wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:You're telling a constitutional lawyer that w/ your 2 yr. degree? LOL!

"Well, first of all, temporary protective status historically has been used for special circumstances where you have immigrants to this country who are fleeing persecution in their countries, or there is some emergency situation in their native land that required them to come to the United States. So it would not be appropriate to use that just for a particular group that came here primarily, for example, because they were looking for economic opportunity.

With respect to the notion that I can just suspend deportations through executive order, that’s just not the case, because there are laws on the books that Congress has passed — and I know that everybody here at Bell is studying hard so you know that we’ve got three branches of government. Congress passes the law. The executive branch’s job is to enforce and implement those laws. And then the judiciary has to interpret the laws."

Obama 3/28/11

Speaking in Australia last week, Obama insisted there is no contradiction between his earlier statements and the action he anticipates. Advocates had asked him to duplicate the legislation now stalled in Congress, which he said is not possible.

“There are certain limits to what falls within the realm of prosecutorial discretion in terms of how we apply existing immigration laws,” he said, adding that he would set aside his planned actions if Congress passed legislation he could sign.

2seaoat

OK. I can play that. Its public info right? Shall I post some public info about you?

BTW. I didn't say anything to you. you started it with me again. just so it is CLEAR for you CUNT.

Sure you can post public info. about me but I don't think you want to match me w/ your public info.

Please leave your threats to each other on PMs and leave us out of it and quit hijacking threads.

The Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), Pub.L. 99–603, 100 Stat. 3445, enacted November 6, 1986, also known as the Simpson-Mazzoli Act, signed into law by Ronald Reagan on November 6, 1986, is an Act of Congress which reformed United States immigration law.

Introduced in the Senate as S. 1200 by Alan K. Simpson on May 23, 1985
##Committee consideration by Senate Judiciary, Senate Budget
##Passed the Senate on September 19, 1985 (69–30)
##Passed the House on October 9, 1986 (voice vote after incorporating H.R. 3810, passed 230–166)
##Reported by the joint conference committee on October 14, 1986; agreed to by the House on October 15, 1986 (238–173) and by the Senate on October 17, 1986 (63–24)
##Signed into law by President Ronald Reagan on November 6, 1986
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_Reform_and_Control_Act_of_1986

and it didn't work and it wasn't a dictatorship directive.

Vikingwoman

I responded to the thread. She's making allegations...not me.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/watch-obama-make-the-case-against-his-executive-amnesty/

LISTEN

Vikingwoman

The Presidents actions are temporary. He's not permanently ordering anything but what he is doing is making congress move on this and getting the immigration policies in effect moving before he leaves. Smart move.

Vikingwoman

I won't listen to anything Krauthammer or Fox news says.

Chrissy wrote:http://freebeacon.com/issues/watch-obama-make-the-case-against-his-executive-amnesty/

LISTEN

LISTEN TO OBAMA THEN LOL

The need to curtail illegal immigration prompted Congress to enact the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) of 1986. The IRCA toughened criminal sanctions for employers who hired illegal aliens, denied illegal aliens federally funded welfare benefits, and legitimized some aliens through an amnesty program. The Immigration Marriage Fraud Amendments of 1986 sought to limit the practice of marrying to obtain citizenship. The Immigration Act of 1990 thoroughly revamped the INA by equalizing the allocation of visas across foreign nations, eliminating archaic rules, and encouraging worldwide immigration.

The Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act (IIRIRA) of 1996 revolutionized the process of alien entry into the United States. The IIRIRA eliminated the term "entry," replacing it with "admission." An application for admission occurs whenever an alien arrives in the U.S. regardless of whether the arrival occurs at a designated port-of-entry. Applicants at either designated ports or otherwise must submit to an inspection by U.S. customs, even if the applicant possesses an immigrant visa

Congress has complete authority over immigration. Presidential power does not extend beyond refugee policy. Except for questions regarding aliens' constitutional rights, the courts have generally found the immigration issue as nonjusticiable.

States have limited legislative authority regarding immigration, and 28 U.S.C. § 1251 details the full extent of state jurisdiction. Generally, 28 U.S.C. § 994 details the federal sentencing guidelines for illegal entry into the country.

By controlling the visa process, the federal government can achieve the goals of its immigration policies.

Congress limits the quantity of immigrant visas

http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/immigration

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/11/18/democratic_congressman_on_legal_basis_for_immigration_executive_orders_im_not_the_lawyer_-comments.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obamas-potential-immigration-plan-could-enter-uncharted-territory/2014/11/17/3e5be738-6dde-11e4-ad12-3734c461eab6_story.html

Reagans plan didn't work.

It didn't work because the government instead of ENFORCING the laws on the books, just continues to make more and more laws to enforce the laws they never enforce to begin with. So what we have with this and so many other things are a shit load of laws, none of which even can begin to work because they simply are too many layers of beaucracy never designed to be enforced, but instead to make you think they actually did something LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum