Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Releasing the CIA torture report

+4
gatorfan
Sal
Joanimaroni
nadalfan
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Releasing the CIA torture report Empty Releasing the CIA torture report 11/18/2014, 8:39 am

nadalfan

http://www.newsweek.com/sen-mark-udall-contemplates-revealing-cia-torture-report-284624

Should it be released or not?  Why or why not?

Poll findings: http://www.constitutionproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/2014.10.01_Poll_Shows_Support_Release_Torture_Report.pdf

Let's say a gang broke into your house and killed a member of your family... then kidnapped others.

You happen to capture one of them during the escape. What would you do to find out what you needed to know?

Targeting innocents takes many ethical and moral beliefs off the table imo.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:Let's say a gang broke into your house and killed a member of your family... then kidnapped others.

You happen to capture one of them during the escape. What would you do to find out what you needed to know?

What you see and hear depends a good deal on where you are standing

Joanimaroni wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Let's say a gang broke into your house and killed a member of your family... then kidnapped others.

What you see and hear depends a good deal on where you are standing

That's true... I'm sure they consider us to target innocents when we bomb and invade their sovereign nations.

nadalfan

So in this case, the end justifies the means? I know some people feel that way. But, my question is whether or not the report should be released. Then we can see what techniques were used, whether those techniques were effective, whether those techniques were legal, etc. Do we have the right to know?

Sal

Sal

Torture is against the law and diminishes both our humanity and our standing in the world.

If it's true that the Obama administration has been purposely delaying the release until after the midterms with the presumption that the Republicans will squash it, that is truly a stain on his Presidency.

nadalfan

Sal wrote:Torture is against the law and diminishes both our humanity and our standing in the world.

If it's true that the Obama administration has been purposely delaying the release until after the midterms with the presumption that the Republicans will squash it, that is truly a stain on his Presidency.

I agree

nadalfan wrote:

So in this case, the end justifies the means? I know some people feel that way. But, my question is whether or not the report should be released. Then we can see what techniques were used, whether those techniques were effective, whether those techniques were legal, etc. Do we have the right to know?

I think we deserve full disclosure and transparency that doesn't put americans in direct immediate danger.

That includes this and legislation.

gatorfan

IF a report is released it will never show everything that has been done and is still being done. There are still interrogation sites in other countries - or as the CIA gently refers to them - "rendition sites".

10Releasing the CIA torture report Empty Re: Releasing the CIA torture report 11/18/2014, 11:56 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Outgoing Senator Mark Udall has the perfect opportunity to release the report with impunity. I say, "Go for it."

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/11/the-secrets-that-senator-mark-udall-should-expose/382811/?single_page=true

11Releasing the CIA torture report Empty Re: Releasing the CIA torture report 11/18/2014, 12:20 pm

Floridatexan wrote:
Outgoing Senator Mark Udall has the perfect opportunity to release the report with impunity. I say, "Go for it."

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/11/the-secrets-that-senator-mark-udall-should-expose/382811/?single_page=true

But you have no interest in disclosure of the cia in benghazi, the gunrunning to mexican drug cartels, irs targeting... etc.

12Releasing the CIA torture report Empty Re: Releasing the CIA torture report 11/18/2014, 12:29 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Outgoing Senator Mark Udall has the perfect opportunity to release the report with impunity.  I say, "Go for it."  

But you have no interest in disclosure of the cia in benghazi, the gunrunning to mexican drug cartels, irs targeting... etc.

It has nothing to do with justice unless of course it involves the Bush administration.

nadalfan

PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Outgoing Senator Mark Udall has the perfect opportunity to release the report with impunity.  I say, "Go for it."  

Those things have been and continue to be investigated.

Regarding Benghazi, how many Benghazi hearings have we had? I lost count. Do you accept the findings?

http://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/House-panel-No-administration-wrongdoing-in-5663509.php

http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2013/08/01/exclusive-dozens-of-cia-operatives-on-the-ground-during-benghazi-attack/

Sources now tell CNN dozens of people working for the CIA were on the ground that night, and that the agency is going to great lengths to make sure whatever it was doing, remains a secret.

CNN has learned the CIA is involved in what one source calls an unprecedented attempt to keep the spy agency’s Benghazi secrets from ever leaking out.

Read: Analysis: CIA role in Benghazi underreported

Since January, some CIA operatives involved in the agency’s missions in Libya, have been subjected to frequent, even monthly polygraph examinations, according to a source with deep inside knowledge of the agency’s workings.

The goal of the questioning, according to sources, is to find out if anyone is talking to the media or Congress.

It is being described as pure intimidation, with the threat that any unauthorized CIA employee who leaks information could face the end of his or her career.

In exclusive communications obtained by CNN, one insider writes, “You don’t jeopardize yourself, you jeopardize your family as well.”

Another says, “You have no idea the amount of pressure being brought to bear on anyone with knowledge of this operation.”

“Agency employees typically are polygraphed every three to four years. Never more than that,” said former CIA operative and CNN analyst Robert Baer.

In other words, the rate of the kind of polygraphs alleged by sources is rare.

“If somebody is being polygraphed every month, or every two months it’s called an issue polygraph, and that means that the polygraph division suspects something, or they’re looking for something, or they’re on a fishing expedition. But it’s absolutely not routine at all to be polygraphed monthly, or bi-monthly,” said Baer.

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2013/08/01/exclusive-dozens-of-cia-operatives-on-the-ground-during-benghazi-attack/

Sources now tell CNN dozens of people working for the CIA were on the ground that night, and that the agency is going to great lengths to make sure whatever it was doing, remains a secret.

CNN has learned the CIA is involved in what one source calls an unprecedented attempt to keep the spy agency’s Benghazi secrets from ever leaking out.

Read: Analysis: CIA role in Benghazi underreported

Since January, some CIA operatives involved in the agency’s missions in Libya, have been subjected to frequent, even monthly polygraph examinations, according to a source with deep inside knowledge of the agency’s workings.

The goal of the questioning, according to sources, is to find out if anyone is talking to the media or Congress.

It is being described as pure intimidation, with the threat that any unauthorized CIA employee who leaks information could face the end of his or her career.

In exclusive communications obtained by CNN, one insider writes, “You don’t jeopardize yourself, you jeopardize your family as well.”

Another says, “You have no idea the amount of pressure being brought to bear on anyone with knowledge of this operation.”

“Agency employees typically are polygraphed every three to four years. Never more than that,” said former CIA operative and CNN analyst Robert Baer.

In other words, the rate of the kind of polygraphs alleged by sources is rare.

“If somebody is being polygraphed every month, or every two months it’s called an issue polygraph, and that means that the polygraph division suspects something, or they’re looking for something, or they’re on a fishing expedition. But it’s absolutely not routine at all to be polygraphed monthly, or bi-monthly,” said Baer.

The CIA is a spy agency and cracking down on leakers doesn't seem all that out of order . . . .

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Maybe it's because I witnessed the attacks on Clinton...his administration was characterized by an almost constant witch hunt...but that's not the only reason I think these are pseudo-scandals. It's completely obvious you're not open to discussing those reasons, since I have addressed each of them in previous posts.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

gatorfan wrote:IF a report is released it will never show everything that has been done and is still being done. There are still interrogation sites in other countries - or as the CIA gently refers to them - "rendition sites".

Please cite a source for that claim.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
gatorfan wrote:IF a report is released it will never show everything that has been done and is still being done. There are still interrogation sites in other countries - or as the CIA gently refers to them - "rendition sites".

Please cite a source for that claim.

From one of your beloved left wing sites, the Huffington Post. All you seem to read are the really far left sites like the DailyKOS and The Nation. Little wonder you have no clue as to what is really happening in the world.

Impunity at Home, Rendition Abroad

Alfred W. McCoy | Posted 10.14.2012 | Politics

President Obama has closed the CIA's "black sites," But via rendition -- the sending of terrorist suspects to the prisons of countries that torture -- and related policies, his administration has outsourced human rights abuse to Afghanistan, Somalia, and elsewhere.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alfred-w-mccoy/extraordinary-rendition-torture_b_1775438.html

As you well know, waterboarding is not torture.

Slicing off the head of innocent people, on video, that's torture.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Maybe it's because I witnessed the attacks on Clinton...his administration was characterized by an almost constant witch hunt...but that's not the only reason I think these are pseudo-scandals.  It's completely obvious you're not open to discussing those reasons, since I have addressed each of them in previous posts.

Clinton witch hunt. Then why were so many people convicted of major crimes including President Clinton?

In addition to the Impeachment of President Clinton for felony perjury.

These are the results and convictions of the various investigations into President Clinton.

Whitewater

Arkansas Gov. Jim Guy Tucker - fraud felony convictions - 3 counts (Tucker resigned facing impeachment)

Jim McDougal - fraud and conspiracy felony convictions - 18 counts

Susan McDougal - felony - 4 counts (pardoned during Clinton's last minute pardongate payoffs)

William J. Marks Sr - conspiracy Stephen Smith - conspiracy

Larry Kuca - Fraud Neal Ainley - 2 misdemeanors for embezzlement

David Hale - guilty plea - conspiracy

Chris Wade - felony - Whitewater real-estate investor

John Haley - felony 1998 on fraud

Robert Palmer - felony for conspiracy

Charles Matthews - guilty plea for bribery

Eugene Fitzhugh - Whitewater - bribery

Webster Hubbell - #2 ranking Justice Dept. Official - felony for embezzlement and fraud

John Latham - CEO of Madison Bank - bank fraud Campaign Finance:

Johnny Chung - Clinton cronie - felony guilty plea - funneling money from China

Gene Lum - convicted - felony for money laundering for the DNC

Nora Lum - convicted - felony for money laundering for the DNC

Howard Glicken - guilty plea - 2 midemeanors - funneling foreign donations

Yah Lin "Charlie" Trie - guilty plea - illegal Clinton campaign donations

John Huang - Clinton cronie - felony guilty plea - funneling money from China

Paula Jonesgate:

William Jefferson Clinton - found guilty - civil contempt of court - lying under oath about material facts. The Office of the Independent Council further presented Clinton with an agreement that had him disbarred from practicing law for 5 years and made him signed statement admitting to his deception

Post Administration
Sandy Bergergate

Sandy Berger – Clinton National Security Adviser -- found guilty of stealing highly class documents from the National Archive and destroying them.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Whatever...those people may have been guilty of fraud...happens every day, but no one could tie President Clinton to any scandal. It's a wonder he could do his job. Someone planted Ms. Lewinsky in the WH; sorry he took the bait.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
Whatever... those people may have been guilty of fraud...happens every day, but no one could tie President Clinton to any scandal.  It's a wonder he could do his job.  Someone planted Ms. Lewinsky in the WH; sorry he took the bait.

Releasing the CIA torture report HystericallyLaughingmanandboy

22Releasing the CIA torture report Empty Re: Releasing the CIA torture report 11/19/2014, 11:11 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

nadalfan wrote:

So in this case, the end justifies the means?  I know some people feel that way.  But, my question is whether or not the report should be released.  Then we can see what techniques were used, whether those techniques were effective, whether those techniques were legal, etc.  Do we have the right to know?

It's our money that paid for that report.  What's to lose by making it public? Everyone knows we continue to execute and torture anyone, anywhere, anytime for God and Cuntry!  

Who will suffer if the report comes out?  Why does the government fight to keep it secret?

The issue is when and how much we torture ...

Screw Amerika Inc.! Corporate control of the government through campaign financing.

23Releasing the CIA torture report Empty Re: Releasing the CIA torture report 11/19/2014, 11:31 am

Wordslinger wrote:
nadalfan wrote:

So in this case, the end justifies the means?  I know some people feel that way.  But, my question is whether or not the report should be released.  Then we can see what techniques were used, whether those techniques were effective, whether those techniques were legal, etc.  Do we have the right to know?

It's our money that paid for that report.  What's to lose by making it public? Everyone knows we continue to execute and torture anyone, anywhere, anytime for God and Cuntry!  

Who will suffer if the report comes out?  Why does the government fight to keep it secret?

The issue is when and how much we torture ...

Screw Amerika Inc.! Corporate control of the government through campaign financing.

That's exactly right. The govt as a whole should suffer... it's credibility, our trust, the amount of latitude allowed.

We deserve to know nearly EVERYTHING that is planned or proposed... and certainly raw data and information.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum