Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

top 25 high schools in America.....some truths are self evident

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-25-best-public-high-schools-in-the-us/ar-AA7bSHR

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Here I checked the stats at random on one of your GREAT high schools...why you always putting down the blackman ?

top 25 high schools in America.....some truths are self evident Blackm10

2seaoat

Too funny......a West Virginian analysis.....try Whitney Young where Michelle Obama attended......oh my......no sub 100 IQs there.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Hey you are the one that used the term self evident...I just examined what was really self evident......geeze you are dim.

2seaoat

No you are from West Virgina....you are incapable of getting what is self evident.......you however answered at about the state average IQ.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I see you are still stereotyping people...You Dixiecrats are like that...you still in the Klan ?

2seaoat

I did not make the lists.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:I did not make the lists.  

Geeze do you think that poor white people might be as uninspired and depressed as poor black people ? Yeah go to school graduate and join the military or die in the coal mines...you're an elitist idiot.

2seaoat

inspired to vote for Butchmeup.......and the very policies which send this country to war. It takes intelligence not to buy the propaganda, so I guess we are doomed until the IQ is high enough to comprehend what voting against one's economic interest means. If being an elitist means I can decipher propaganda, I plead guilty.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:inspired to vote for Butchmeup.......and the very policies which send this country to war.  It takes intelligence not to buy the propaganda, so I guess we are doomed until the IQ is high enough to comprehend what voting against one's economic interest means.  If being an elitist means I can decipher propaganda, I plead guilty.

“None so empty as those who are full of themselves.”
Benjamin Whichcote (1609–1683)

2seaoat

If I am so empty.........why do I always seem to have you following me like a puppy dog? Seaoat fan club?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:If I am so empty.........why do I always seem to have you following me like a puppy dog?  Seaoat fan club?

I've always watched car wrecks with interest...if you continue to flatter yourself see quote above...

2seaoat wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-25-best-public-high-schools-in-the-us/ar-AA7bSHR

This means???? No explanation why, just a subjective opinion given.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-25-best-public-high-schools-in-the-us/ar-AA7bSHR

What are your self truths and why are you so angry?

Still smarting from the drubbing Democrats and the policies of semi-retired President Barack Hussein Obama?

2seaoat

What are your self truths and why are you so angry?

Look where the top high schools are located, and now I am the Angry white guy.......too funny. What would I be angry about. I predicted within one senator the vote totals a year ago, along with all the other pollsters who knew what this structural mid term would bring. Now I must admit, I would get angry if Ted Cruz won the presidency in 2016.......but I doubt I will be here to get angry, but getting angry about a mid term which changed nothing........you may be projecting your feelings after the President won twice......the difference you predicted he would lose...........I knew he would win, and by golly I did a pretty good job on the mid terms.

So why don't they list how the states or cities within these rated schools stand up. There are excellent public schools in Minnesota however Minneapolis has the absolute worst minority grad rate in the nation while spending $23,000 per student. Shameful yet they receive accolades from the their "Choir". I recently visited a website for local districts and noticed ALL had a teacher of the year...the crowd you see applauded and lauded in the press and play musical chairs with each year taking turns being "selected" (elected).

There ya go Seaoat, even this guy agrees that you cherry picked stats.

oh Seaoat, you forgot this too:

My definition of a public school is one that accepts anyone who wishes to apply. No matter what economic, social or academic standing. These schools, maybe not all, have a very demanding "selection" process based mostly on academic performance. So, maybe the title of this article should read" Best Exclusive Public Schools".
When looking at the entrance requirements and the school websites for some of these schools, "public" is a far cry.

2seaoat

These are the best public schools in the nation. Most are in the Chicagoland area, and most of these schools are regular high schools. Whitney is a magnet school as is Payton, but the North shore schools are simply the best and have always been the best. Hillary came from a top notch high school as did Michelle. The excellence in curriculum and instruction cannot be matched in the nation. The state select Math and Science High School cannot match these regular schools because much of the selection to magnate schools has become political, and the best students never make it. Northbrook, New Trier are just kick asz regular high schools who year after year have some of the highest ACT and SAT scores in the nation.

These are cherry picking institutions of learning where there are high entrance requirements and high parent commitment from the onset. Let me know when they are a true public high school accepting anyone who decides to show up. Geography has nothing to do with defacto segregation and that is exactly what is going on in these schools.

2seaoat

Actually not. The only determination which matters at these high schools is wealth. These are suburbs where the median incomes are off the chart. New Trier has lead the nation for fifty years, and any family can move in, but they better have the bucks because the parents are usually goal oriented high achievers who have been successful. You can take a kid from any family and put him in these school systems, and that kid will achieve.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_Trier_High_School_alumni

2seaoat wrote:Actually not.  The only determination which matters at these high schools is wealth.  These are suburbs where the median incomes are off the chart.  New Trier has lead the nation for fifty years, and any family can move in, but they better have the bucks because the parents are usually goal oriented high achievers who have been successful.  You can take a kid from any family and put him in these school systems, and that kid will achieve.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_Trier_High_School_alumni

So you start with one idea of why kids achieve, get pinned in by  a counter and then argue elsewhere.

Classic Red Herring and underlined shows the cherry picking

2seaoat

underlined shows the cherry picking

Bruce Dern used to talk about New Trier on the old Johnny Carson show almost fifty years ago......Good curriculum and good teachers.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:What are your self truths and why are you so angry?

Look where the top high schools are located, and now I am the Angry white guy.......too funny.   What would I be angry about.  I predicted within one senator the vote totals a year ago, along with all the other pollsters who knew what this structural mid term would bring.   Now I must admit, I would get angry if Ted Cruz won the presidency in 2016.......but I doubt I will be here to get angry, but getting angry about a mid term which changed nothing........you may be projecting your feelings after the President won twice......the difference you predicted he would lose...........I knew he would win, and by golly I did a pretty good job on the mid terms.

More Congress seats to be filled.

Markle

Markle

Great, the Progressives are catching on. However their Unions will remind them of who owns them.

You are advocating school choice. Allow parents to chose whatever school they want their kids to attend. If it is a private school, give them a voucher to attend a private school.

Problem solved.

2seaoat wrote:underlined shows the cherry picking

Bruce Dern used to talk about New Trier on the old Johnny Carson show almost fifty years ago......Good curriculum and good teachers.

None from their home schools and all from elsewhere.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum