Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

US consumer prices barely rise. Add this to the list of "Things Republicans Were Wrong About".

+2
gatorfan
boards of FL
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://mam.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.asp?fid=461099&cust=mam&year=2014&lid=0&prev=/byweek.asp#top

Consumer price inflation for September came in soft although the headline number was marginally above forecasts.

Overall consumer prices in September firmed 0.1 percent after falling 0.2 percent in August. Market expectations were for no change. Excluding food and energy, the CPI also nudged up 0.1 percent, following no change in August. The consensus was for a 0.1 percent increase in September.

Energy slipped 0.7 percent, following a drop of 2.6 percent in August. Gasoline declined 1.0 percent, following a 4.1 percent drop in August. Food price inflation gained 0.3 percent after posting a 0.2 percent gain in August.

The index for all items less food and energy increased 0.1 percent in September. Along with the shelter index, the index for medical care increased, and the indexes for alcoholic beverages and for personal care advanced slightly. Several indexes were unchanged, and the indexes for airline fares and for used cars and trucks declined in September.

On a seasonally adjusted basis, the headline CPI was up year-ago 1.7 percent in September-matching August. Excluding food and energy, the year-ago pace was 1.7 percent, also equaling the August pace.

Currently, inflation is soft and not leading the Fed to hurry the first increase in the fed funds rate next year. Fed funds futures suggest that first rise will be in the second half.

US consumer prices barely rise.  Add this to the list of "Things Republicans Were Wrong About". Showimage

US consumer prices barely rise.  Add this to the list of "Things Republicans Were Wrong About". Showimage

boards of FL

boards of FL

Thought I should bump this given the recent concern on prices.

gatorfan

Now if the Gini coefficient would just look a little different.......

US consumer prices barely rise.  Add this to the list of "Things Republicans Were Wrong About". Screen_shot_2013-11-027

The figure and its data come from Janet Gornick, the director of a CUNY research centre on international inequality. The dark-blue lines tell a now-familiar tale: America boasts the highest post-tax-and-transfer income inequality of any highly developed country in the world. The metric at play is a number between 0 and 1 known as the Gini coefficient. In a hypothetical country with a coefficient of 0, everyone has exactly the same income, while a nation with a coefficient of 1.0 is home to one fat cat who takes everything while everyone else earns nil. At 0.42, America’s level of post-tax-and-transfer inequality outranks Israel, Britain and Canada, and dwarfs the figures in Japan and Scandinavia.

Guess you missed the thread on hamburger meat being up 91% in last five years (all Obama years).

What about prices of cars? Average car is 30k.

gatorfan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Guess you missed the thread on hamburger meat being up 91% in last five years (all Obama years).

Obama doesn't control beef prices; drought, higher fuel costs, increased labor cost burdens, and a variety of other factors cause prices to rise.

Cars are safer now than ever thanks to stiff safety regulations - the cost of which must be pushed into the final price. I'll pay extra for a safer car.

boards of FL

boards of FL

US consumer prices barely rise.  Add this to the list of "Things Republicans Were Wrong About". Latest_numbers_CUUR0000SA0_1984_2014_all_period_M09_pct_12mths

So it was late 2008/early 2009 when members of the right wing base began telling us wide-eyed tales of exploding inflation. This is odd considering the fact that inflation has been historically low ever since those predictions.

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:Now if the Gini coefficient would just look a little different.......

US consumer prices barely rise.  Add this to the list of "Things Republicans Were Wrong About". Screen_shot_2013-11-027

The figure and its data come from Janet Gornick, the director of a CUNY research centre on international inequality. The dark-blue lines tell a now-familiar tale: America boasts the highest post-tax-and-transfer income inequality of any highly developed country in the world. The metric at play is a number between 0 and 1 known as the Gini coefficient. In a hypothetical country with a coefficient of 0, everyone has exactly the same income, while a nation with a coefficient of 1.0 is home to one fat cat who takes everything while everyone else earns nil. At 0.42, America’s level of post-tax-and-transfer inequality outranks Israel, Britain and Canada, and dwarfs the figures in Japan and Scandinavia.

How is this relevant to inflation or CPI?

by gatorfan Today at 4:23 pm
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Guess you missed the thread on hamburger meat being up 91% in last five years (all Obama years).

Obama doesn't control beef prices; drought, higher fuel costs, increased labor cost burdens, and a variety of other factors cause prices to rise.

Cars are safer now than ever thanks to stiff safety regulations - the cost of which must be pushed into the final price. I'll pay extra for a safer car.
----
Hello Seaoat sock

Most people can't afford a 30k car. I know I can't.

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:.

I keep forgetting you aren't capable of thinking about more than one or two indicators. Disregard the post as usual since it doesn't "fit your narrative". LOL.

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:.

I keep forgetting you aren't capable of thinking about more than one or two indicators. Disregard the post as usual since it doesn't "fit your narrative". LOL.

Here again, you post something that is completely irrelevant to the underlying subject at hand.  Then when asked to explain how your post is relevant, you tuck tail and run.

I posted CPI data as there have been two threads this week that involve price movement in specific products.  You then came to this thread and gave us an index that measures distribution of wealth.  OK.  Is there a point to that?  Do you feel it is relevant somehow?  If so, how?  Why are you posting data that involves distribution of wealth in a thread about inflation?  What was your intent?  

These aren't trick questions.  Are you just randomly finding charts to post so that you can feel as if you are participating, or did you have a point when you posted your chart in response to inflation data?

Gosh, it seems like I was asking you these same questions recently.  Oh...wait...

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t16714p30-new-study-suggests-the-obvious-many-republicans-are-incredibly-racist

2seaoat

Hello Seaoat sock

Now you have ruined somebody's day

2seaoat

Most people can't afford a 30k car. I know I can't.

You can buy a Nissan Versa for less than 15k taxes and delivery.

KarlRove

KarlRove

2seaoat wrote:Most people can't afford a 30k car. I know I can't.

It's not the "average" car and those are gigantic "plasticmobiles"

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:Most people can't afford a 30k car. I know I can't.

Maybe PD can better afford one of these. They get great mileage, too.

US consumer prices barely rise.  Add this to the list of "Things Republicans Were Wrong About". Images17

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Those are great cars... it was between that and a prius a year ago when I bought my niece a car.

The prius was more expensive... but worth it I think. No trouble at all for year one. It's a 09.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:US consumer prices barely rise.  Add this to the list of "Things Republicans Were Wrong About". Latest_numbers_CUUR0000SA0_1984_2014_all_period_M09_pct_12mths

So it was late 2008/early 2009 when members of the right wing base began telling us wide-eyed tales of exploding inflation.  This is odd considering the fact that inflation has been historically low ever since those predictions.

Those forecasts were based on the assumption that sooner or later the Fed would quit printing trillions of collars which find their way into the stock market making the rich richer. How is that such a good thing for Progressives?

What will happen when the tap is shut off?

The chart has had to be enlarged twice since semi-retired President Obama came to office.

US consumer prices barely rise.  Add this to the list of "Things Republicans Were Wrong About". MonetaryBase1042014_zpsc6b10daf

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:US consumer prices barely rise.  Add this to the list of "Things Republicans Were Wrong About". Latest_numbers_CUUR0000SA0_1984_2014_all_period_M09_pct_12mths

So it was late 2008/early 2009 when members of the right wing base began telling us wide-eyed tales of exploding inflation.  This is odd considering the fact that inflation has been historically low ever since those predictions.

Those forecasts were based on the assumption that sooner or later the Fed would quit printing trillions of collars which find their way into the stock market making the rich richer.  How is that such a good thing for Progressives?

What will happen when the tap is shut off?

I can tell you what will not happen. We will not see runaway inflation like that which republicans have been calling for for 6 years now. Here again, just another in a very long list of "things republicans were wrong about."

But by all means, don't let me stop you from holding your breath. I'm sure you'll get your inflation eventually. Have patience.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum