Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another in a Long List of Things Ben Carson Doesn't Understand ...

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

... Today, the debt limit!

Ryssdal: All right, so let’s talk about debt then and the budget. As you know, Treasury Secretary Lew has come out in the last couple of days and said, “We’re gonna run out of money, we’re gonna run out of borrowing authority, on the fifth of November.” Should the Congress then and the president not raise the debt limit? Should we default on our debt?

Carson: Let me put it this way: if I were the president, I would not sign an increased budget. Absolutely would not do it. They would have to find a place to cut.

Ryssdal: To be clear, it’s increasing the debt limit, not the budget, but I want to make sure I understand you. You’d let the United States default rather than raise the debt limit.

Carson: No, I would provide the kind of leadership that says, “Get on the stick guys, and stop messing around, and cut where you need to cut, because we’re not raising any spending limits, period.”

Ryssdal: I’m gonna try one more time, sir. This is debt that’s already obligated. Would you not favor increasing the debt limit to pay the debts already incurred?

Carson: What I’m saying is what we have to do is restructure the way that we create debt. I mean if we continue along this, where does it stop? It never stops. You’re always gonna ask the same question every year. And we’re just gonna keep going down that pathway. That’s one of the things I think that the people are tired of.

Ryssdal: I’m really trying not to be circular here, Dr. Carson, but if you’re not gonna raise the debt limit and you’re not gonna give specifics on what you’re gonna cut, then how are we going to know what you are going to do as president of the United States?

Carson: OK, let me try to explain it in a different way. If, in fact, we have a number of different areas that are contributing to the increasing expenditures and the continued expenditures that are putting us further and further into the hole. You’re familiar I’m sure with the concept of the fiscal gap.

http://www.marketplace.org/topics/elections/full-interview-dr-ben-carson-economy

Ho ...

... ly ...

... shit.

Salinsky wrote:... Today, the debt limit!

Ryssdal: All right, so let’s talk about debt then and the budget. As you know, Treasury Secretary Lew has come out in the last couple of days and said, “We’re gonna run out of money, we’re gonna run out of borrowing authority, on the fifth of November.” Should the Congress then and the president not raise the debt limit? Should we default on our debt?

Carson: Let me put it this way: if I were the president, I would not sign an increased budget. Absolutely would not do it. They would have to find a place to cut.

Ryssdal: To be clear, it’s increasing the debt limit, not the budget, but I want to make sure I understand you. You’d let the United States default rather than raise the debt limit.

Carson: No, I would provide the kind of leadership that says, “Get on the stick guys, and stop messing around, and cut where you need to cut, because we’re not raising any spending limits, period.”

Ryssdal: I’m gonna try one more time, sir. This is debt that’s already obligated. Would you not favor increasing the debt limit to pay the debts already incurred?

Carson: What I’m saying is what we have to do is restructure the way that we create debt. I mean if we continue along this, where does it stop? It never stops. You’re always gonna ask the same question every year. And we’re just gonna keep going down that pathway. That’s one of the things I think that the people are tired of.

Ryssdal: I’m really trying not to be circular here, Dr. Carson, but if you’re not gonna raise the debt limit and you’re not gonna give specifics on what you’re gonna cut, then how are we going to know what you are going to do as president of the United States?

Carson: OK, let me try to explain it in a different way. If, in fact, we have a number of different areas that are contributing to the increasing expenditures and the continued expenditures that are putting us further and further into the hole. You’re familiar I’m sure with the concept of the fiscal gap.

http://www.marketplace.org/topics/elections/full-interview-dr-ben-carson-economy

Ho ...

... ly ...

... shit.

Yes, it bothers you that there has to be a time when the free giveaways stop.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

This is just pathetic and also scary. I think we need to rename this thing we are now calling "raising the debt limit" to a thing called what? "The Paying our Bills Fund?"

The way it is now many people seem to think, as does Dr. Carson, that we are authorizing more spending when it just means we are paying for what we've already committed to buy. The correction needs to be made way upstream when the spending happens, not now when the bill comes in. Good Grief.

Sal

Sal

Obamasucks wrote:

It bothers me that one of the leading contenders for the nomination of one of our two political parties to be its candidate for President of the United States cannot distinguish the difference between cutting the budget and raising the debt limit.

It does not bother me that you cannot distinguish the same, because you are an abject moron.

Salinsky wrote:
Obamasucks wrote:

It bothers me that one of the leading contenders for the nomination of one of our two political parties to be its candidate for President of the United States cannot distinguish the difference between cutting the budget and raising the debt limit.

It does not bother me that you cannot distinguish the same, because you are an abject moron.

When does the spending end Sal? When? You can't answer except to say, "print mo money"

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Obamasucks wrote:
Salinsky wrote:
Obamasucks wrote:

When does the spending end Sal? When? You can't answer except to say, "print mo money"

SucksObama is clearly different than his idol Semi-sane.  For Markle, up is down, wet is dry, etc.  For Sucksobama: Up is sideways, dry is warm, cold is down ....  and this guy is a credited teacher?  For crying out loud ...

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

your man Obama makes anyone look like a Harvard grad...Racist !

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum