Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Harvard Poll confirms Ebola hysteria

+4
Hospital Bob
Sal
dumpcare
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

2seaoat

Actually I had a nightmare about he-men liberals kicking sand in my face. One of em was in uniform and in a tank and was the spitting image of michael dukakis.

So Charles Atlas had an impact on you as a young man......interesting.

cool1

cool1

The way I look at it , they said around I think 200 people arrive here from the bad areas into the US daily . They already said symptoms don't show anywhere from 14 15 or 20 days so they check for fever which you don't have yet and when you get home say 10 days later you feel like poo , But hey you got to go home and hug your daughter kiss your wife , go see your mom , cousins , BBQ --- So if even half say 100 over time this shit could spread lol Im hoping they can stop it now , and stop bringing people over here with the crap . Best sure way to stop it is to isolate and cure if you can cure . Neutral

dumpcare

Question for Joanie:  I know you are long retired, but do you know if in the last few years in nursing school anything about Ebola or any of these other diseases we do not see here in the U.S. is mentioned or taught about? Also do you know if health care worker's handling specimen's are even taught about these? Just wondering with all the travel these worker's are doing after being around Duncan.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/17/quarantined-on-cruise-ship_n_6001320.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Christ I heard and knew Ebola was deadly many years ago.

Sal

Sal

Harvard Poll confirms Ebola hysteria - Page 2 Ebola-fear-itself-toles

Sal

Sal

If we want to be Ebola free in America, the solution is simple ....

.... but, there's no cure for stupid.

Now that we’re all agreed that Ebola is everyone’s problem, we’re all totally going to do better fighting it, right? Right. Beyond simply getting hysterical about the widening web of cases in the U.S. and elsewhere, fighting the virus at its source would also seem like a good idea—for everyone. Exactly one month ago—on Sept. 16—the United Nations set up an Ebola Trust Fund seeking $1 billion to do just that. On Thursday, U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon offered a status report on which countries are ponying up cash and how much they gave.

It presumably didn’t take the U.N. too long to crunch the numbers on contributions. Of the $1 billion needed, only one contribution has been made, of $100,000—by Colombia. That means the U.N. is still, approximately, $9,999,900,000 short of what it thinks it will take to combat Ebola. As a barometer of global commitment, the U.N. trust fund isn’t all that encouraging…

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2014/10/16/u_n_ebola_trust_fund_has_raised_only_100k_to_fight_ebola.html

Telstar

Telstar

Tonight I'm going to party like it's 1995.

http://books.google.co.in/books/about/The_Coming_Plague.html?id=yZT7Bjom3xEC&redir_esc=y

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ppaca wrote:Question for Joanie:  I know you are long retired, but do you know if in the last few years in nursing school anything about Ebola or any of these other diseases we do not see here in the U.S. is mentioned or taught about? Also do you know if health care worker's handling specimen's are even taught about these? Just wondering with all the travel these worker's are doing after being around Duncan.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/17/quarantined-on-cruise-ship_n_6001320.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Christ I heard and knew Ebola was deadly many years ago.

Schools cover public health and communicable diseases. The education in that area would be geared more towards diseases like Hepatitis and HIV as well as other common immunicological and autoimmune disorders. The education would cover self protection as well. But Do they teach about Ebola no, but I bet it will be added. I read a book about Ebola in the 80's. Some healthcare workers at that time may have heard of Ebola but it certsinly was not well known.

Years ago ....With the increase in Hepatitis as well as HIV lab protocols changed to provide extensive protection to lab personnel and phlebotomists ( blood drawers). Before that we never wore gloves to draw blood or start IV's. Never gave it a second thought. Now gloves, masks, eye shields, and protective gowns are utilized.....but contamination can and does occur.

As far as isolation protocol.....I recently sat with a good friend in ICU at Big Baptist. He was on isolation precautions....when bored I would count the breaks made in protocol by hospital personnel. In their defense he was not in "strict" isolation whatever that means....but it only included gown and gloves.

boards of FL

boards of FL

My wife is currently in nursing school, and she hasn't mentioned anything about ebola.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum