Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Harvard Poll confirms Ebola hysteria

+4
Hospital Bob
Sal
dumpcare
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/majority-of-americans-believe-ebola-spreads-through-air-poll/ar-BB9gYWB

Can you say AIDs Hysteria?

The cdc cleared this latest nurse to fly with a fever... it can be difficult to quantify dumb.

dumpcare

I agree with you dude, but she was a professional healthcare worker and should have known better. That plane had 5 more flights including a stop in Ft Lauderdale and Atlanta. This is from another forum from someone who lives in Dallas and they are getting regular updates:

http://www.emsisd.com/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=15289&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=40891&PageID=1

edit edit alert: I see you went back to pkr lol

dumpcare

Excerpt of someone responding to a thread something like oat would say that the flu is more dangerous:

excuse me... but... the pig flu had a .003 death rate and a vaccine was developed.....ebola has a 50% death rate and not has been moved up to 70% death rate in afarcia.... there is no vaccine

your logic is way off base, sorry..... 50 fing % you die rate...... clear and simple... you all keep thinking this is nothing and how will you feel when you get a case in your backyard

dumpcare

The scary thing about Ebola is that it's known to live outside the body for extended periods, contrary to most contagions. His sweat on a door knob could spread the disease to the next dozen people to use the door.

It's a scary thought that everyone who visited that facility while he was there, and everyone who contacted those people after they were at the facility, for days afterwards unless it was sterilized, is potentially exposed. Due to the incubation period, there's no way to know for days to weeks.

This is not an easy thing to contain.

Sal

Sal

The only way to stop the global spread of Ebola is to stamp it out where it's originating.

That means spending money and sending expert personnel to Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Guinea to put this fire out.

Not just us, but every developed country with the resources and expertise that can be brought to bear.

In the 21st globalized world we are living in, we are all neighbors and there is nowhere to hide.

Fear and panic do not help.

Sal

Sal

ppaca wrote:The scary thing about Ebola is that it's known to live outside the body for extended periods, contrary to most contagions. His sweat on a door knob could spread the disease to the next dozen people to use the door.

It's a scary thought that everyone who visited that facility while he was there, and everyone who contacted those people after they were at the facility, for days afterwards unless it was sterilized, is potentially exposed. Due to the incubation period, there's no way to know for days to weeks.

This is not an easy thing to contain.

That's hyperbole and not helpful.

Ebola victims are at their most contagious when they're in the end stage and are vomiting and shitting blood everywhere.

You get some of that on you, and you're fucked.

In earlier stages of the infection, victims are much less contagious and while it's possible, it's highly unlikely that someone would be infected by coming into contact with their sweat or saliva.

Have you noticed that the healthcare workers that cared for the Liberian when he was at his sickest have become infected, while the people he was living with during the earlier stages of his illness have not.

There's a reason.

ppaca wrote:

edit edit alert: I see you went back to pkr lol

There was one too many dude around here... and I guess it was me... lol.

2seaoat

The Ebola virus causes Ebola virus disease (EVD) in humans, with a case fatality rate of up to 90%. Ebola first appeared in 1976 in 2 simultaneous outbreaks, in Nzara, Sudan, and in Yambuku, Democratic Republic of Congo.

The disease has been impacting man for almost 40 years and has death estimates of less than 20k by some estimates. The AIDS epidemic has killed worldwide in less time 36 million people. This is unmitigated hysteria. We work and recreate with people who have AIDS everyday. The person cooking your food at that fancy restaurant has AIDS, yet after the Hysteria of the early 1980s which the same media scare tactics for children caused panic, people began to realize the modes of transmission of the virus can be dealt with successfully, but again third world countries are where the majority of those deaths have happened. In the United States during that same period had 600k people die from AIDS.

This is simple. The Canadians are in phase 1 studies on a vaccination(gee a public health system which works on things which actually help people and do not generate profits.....who would have thought), and the evolving understanding of the precautions to prevent the spread will contrary to the hysteria make the possibility of a person in America dying from Ebola less likely than getting struck by lightening. Also, the original death rates of AIDS patients was near 100%, yet in a generation that has almost been eliminated with the evolution of anti viral medications. I do not want to rain on the fear mongers parade, but the African transmission needs to be addressed and then those folks who are worked up in a lather need to turn their night lights on.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I can't believe all these conservatives are so scaredy cat of some stupid little cold.  It's because they're racist against africans who have a cold and scared shitless the africans are gonna give them a cold.
What we need to do is find a cure for conservative scaredy cat'ism to give them some liberal cajones and neutralize their racism.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Harvard Poll confirms Ebola hysteria Weakli10

2seaoat

I can't believe all these conservatives are so scaredy cat of some stupid little cold.  It's because they're racist against africans who have a cold and scared shitless the africans are gonna give them a cold.
What we need to do is find a cure for conservative scaredy cat'ism to give them some liberal cajones and neutralize their racism.

Bob, I would suggest your certification in the Scardy Cat Club probably was not a problem in your twenties.  Sadly, as we age we become more frightened and insulated as the realization of the end becomes crystal clear.  When a society has a population bubble of scared chitless people who are the largest population segment, their fear becomes pervasive.  I think the fear associated with racism also follows parallel lines.  As an aging baby boomer bubble becomes more insular they seek the security of familiarity of youth, and in that youth De Jure or De Facto insulation of the races brought many security.  So your condition may not soley lie in your character, but sadly it may be a condition of your age which is shared by most Fox News viewers.   I can tell you quite comfortably that after you go to bed tonight with your night light on........you may have nightmares of family and friends dying of Ebola.....but when you awaken from your slumber, you will realize nobody has died, nor is it likely they will..............but then again you have been sleep walking on this forum lately.

Sal

Sal

Yep ...

While 65 percent of the respondents say they are concerned about a possible “widespread” U.S. epidemic, nearly 8 in 10 with a high school diploma or less education say they are very or somewhat concerned. Among respondents with advanced degrees, about 4 in 10 say they are concerned. Just over 6 in 10 white respondents say they are concerned, compared with 74 percent of nonwhites. And while majorities of all partisan backgrounds express concern about a U.S. epidemic, Republicans express significantly more worry than Democrats.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/ebola-poll-two-thirds-of-americans-worried-about-possible-widespread-epidemic-in-us/2014/10/13/d0afd0ee-52ff-11e4-809b-8cc0a295c773_story.html

cool1

cool1

ppaca wrote:Excerpt of someone responding to a thread something like oat would say that the flu is more dangerous:

excuse me... but... the pig flu had a .003 death rate and a vaccine was developed.....ebola has a 50% death rate and not has been moved up to 70% death rate in afarcia.... there is no vaccine

your logic is way off base, sorry..... 50 fing % you die rate...... clear and simple... you all keep thinking this is nothing and how will you feel when you get a case in your backyard

that is what I keep thinking -- Do you really think im going to listen to the government or some Obama cdc person that says if we stop flights from there to here will make our country worse off , Hey you stop the stuff where it started you don't send patients to another country so stupid . And when they come off the planes they wont show symptoms right away .

people leave the air port and go home life as usual and they are around others . Suspect

cool1

cool1

I don't think you need an education or be a dem or rep--to figure out what is going on or black or white either Laughing

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:Yep ...

While 65 percent of the respondents say they are concerned about a possible “widespread” U.S. epidemic, nearly 8 in 10 with a high school diploma or less education say they are very or somewhat concerned. Among respondents with advanced degrees, about 4 in 10 say they are concerned. Just over 6 in 10 white respondents say they are concerned, compared with 74 percent of nonwhites. And while majorities of all partisan backgrounds express concern about a U.S. epidemic, Republicans express significantly more worry than Democrats.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/ebola-poll-two-thirds-of-americans-worried-about-possible-widespread-epidemic-in-us/2014/10/13/d0afd0ee-52ff-11e4-809b-8cc0a295c773_story.html

lol! Democrats know the government will be there to hold their hand.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:  I can tell you quite comfortably that after you go to bed tonight with your night light on........you may have nightmares of family and friends dying of Ebola

Actually I had a nightmare about he-men liberals kicking sand in my face. One of em was in uniform and in a tank and was the spitting image of michael dukakis.

dumpcare

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/21-day-ebola-quarantine-may-not-suffice-study/ar-BB9qdUK

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ppaca wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/21-day-ebola-quarantine-may-not-suffice-study/ar-BB9qdUK

When HIV entered the country we didn't know a damn thing about it......look how it spread.

Ebola has the propensity to spread and kill. Since Ebola has mutated we do not know everything there is to know about it. Until we do proactive measures need to be taken to prevent more cases being brought into the US.

As Seaoat jokes.....are we all going to die from Ebola? Of course not. That has never been the issue. Is it a contaminate that has the ability to spread and kill? Absolutely.

Sal

Sal

Shep Smith is being the lone voice of reason on Bullshit Mountain again ....

Listen up.

dumpcare

http://www.hhs.gov/news/press/2014pres/10/20141016a.html?utm_campaign=10162014_hhs_news_ebola&utm_medium=email&utm_source=hhs_news_releases&utm_content=10162014_hhs_news_ebola_title_link

This ought to work well with HHS getting into the act.

dumpcare

Who to believe? WHO says incubation is more like 42 days, CDC says 21

WHO says probably airborne CDC says no

http://www.naturalnews.com/047250_Ebola_transmission_sneezing_coughing.html#

Now you wonder why people panic.

From a healthcare worker:

New information released to health care workers has a bleach spray and wipes for disinfecting exposed surfaces including SKIN! A cough or sweat can carry the disease.
Once signs of infection are outwardly exhibited its almost too late.
Read up and protect yourselves.
The government is not releasing info publicly to prevent panic but this is putting everyone at DIRE RISK!
From a healthcare worker I know who just took a class.
Ebola can remain virulent/active on surfaces up to two days.
Even with advanced medicine the infection rate in the US it is modeled and so far proven as a 1 to 2 infection (that is one person gives to two ) the same as Africa.
Ebola can be spread by casual contact or proximity through secretions/perspiration through soiled clothing or bed linens or through cough/sneeze.
EBOLA can be asymptotic for up to 21 days then finally showing signs similar to the common cold or beginning of a flu, low fever and fatigue for over a week, the subject/patient IS CONTAGIOUS even without exhibiting outward signs.
All my friends at Walmart and other service industries need to be aware.
We have one on one contact with many people everyday!!
We do not have the information provided and available like healthcare workers but usually we are the first contact as people with low grade fevers and cold/flu like symptoms come to our stores seeking over the counter medicine in the beginning stages.

Sal

Sal

Oh, fer gawd's sake.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ppaca wrote:Who to believe?  WHO says incubation is more like 42 days, CDC says 21

WHO says probably airborne CDC says no

http://www.naturalnews.com/047250_Ebola_transmission_sneezing_coughing.html#

Now you wonder why people panic.

From a healthcare worker:

New information released to health care workers has a bleach spray and wipes for disinfecting exposed surfaces including SKIN! A cough or sweat can carry the disease.
Once signs of infection are outwardly exhibited its almost too late.
Read up and protect yourselves.
The government is not releasing info publicly to prevent panic but this is putting everyone at DIRE RISK!
From a healthcare worker I know who just took a class.
Ebola can remain virulent/active on surfaces up to two days.
Even with advanced medicine the infection rate in the US it is modeled and so far proven as a 1 to 2 infection (that is one person gives to two ) the same as Africa.
Ebola can be spread by casual contact or proximity through secretions/perspiration through soiled clothing or bed linens or through cough/sneeze.
EBOLA can be asymptotic for up to 21 days then finally showing signs similar to the common cold or beginning of a flu, low fever and fatigue for over a week, the subject/patient IS CONTAGIOUS even without exhibiting outward signs.
All my friends at Walmart and other service industries need to be aware.
We have one on one contact with many people everyday!!
We do not have the information provided and available like healthcare workers but usually we are the first contact as people with low grade fevers and cold/flu like symptoms come to our stores seeking over the counter medicine in the beginning stages.

Like I said......

Ebola has mutated we do not know everything there is to know about it. Until we do proactive measures need to be taken to prevent more cases being brought into the US.

2seaoat

Please show me the peer reviewed scientific study which says Ebola has changed it transmission one iota since 1976. Otherwise please realize you simply do not know what you are talking about. PERIOD.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum