Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oprah shows her shock when a guest prefers to be called an AMERICAN rather than AFRICAN AMERICAN!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I use a lot of sarcasm.  I do so because it provides a very good method of getting a point across.  
But it's a tricky business to use sarcasm.  Even for the best practitioners of it.
Stephen Colbert is arguably one of the best ever.  But even Colbert has had times when his sarcasm was not taken as intended and he's had to use the next night's show to try to dig himself out of that. That happened in the last couple weeks.

What happened in my case is I made a sarcastic statement but assumed very incorrectly that it would be taken as sarcasm.  Why?  Because the dresser/motel room thing had been mentioned several times before and I assumed whoever was reading it would be aware of that.
That's a stupid assumption on my part.  It's stupid of me to assume everyone has read everything I've posted.  And because not everyone reads everything I've posted,  the sarcasm is of course then taken completely out of the context of those other posts.  You hadn't read all that earlier stuff so you had no way to know it was sarcasm.

This has taught me a lesson.  From now on I'll try not to let that happen again.

2seaoat

I think I would have said.....guys, I was wrong, and yes, I have put a dresser in front of my motel room, and have steel burglar doors on my home because I have a rational fear of somebody breaking in when I am traveling because I carry cash and have cash at my home. A simple honest answer which is based on your buying stuff which probably means you carry more cash than most of us do. Instead your nose grew as big as my nose......as big as a telegraph wire. Also, I would have apologized to Seaoat....too, but the truth sets us free, and being free can be scary sometimes. So carry on.....I will always love you regardless of your flaws. You are a treasure and you have made me a better person over the years. Although, I do enjoy getting you mad at me.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I think I would have said.....guys, I was wrong, and yes, I have put a dresser in front of my motel room

Seaoat,

I have never put a dresser in front of a motel room door.  It's not because I have no fear of an intruder coming into my motel room.  It's for the exact reason I've already told you.  Motel room doors have security latches on them which when set from the inside prevent anyone on the outside from opening the door.  
All a dresser shoved in front of the door would accomplish is to make it more difficult to get out of the room if the room was on fire.  lol

But yes I do have burglar bar doors.  Why?  To make it harder for burglars to enter my home when I'm not here.  But if in your mind,  wanting to make it more difficult for burglars to enter my home makes me a racist or a scaredy cat,  then so be it.

2seaoat

As a dead horse beater......I think I will let this one go.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:As a dead horse beater......I think I will let this one go.

Still calling me a liar is not "letting it go",  Seaoat.  I was man enough to apologize to Sal for calling him a liar.  But it appears you're not man enough to do that.

2seaoat

Still calling me a liar is not "letting it go", Seaoat. I was man enough to apologize to Sal for calling him a liar. But it appears you're not man enough to do that.

So you apologized to Sal(ask Sal if that was a real apology), and now I am not a man because I did not apologize to you for saying that you said you put dressers in front of motel doors, and that I am a liar......really? I guess I will play with this dead horse in the future......just for grins and giggles.

2seaoat

I did not write your post where you said you put the dresser in front of the door for additional security. It was not a lucky guess that you had steel burglar doors on your home. It is not a lucky guess that you and Butchmeup are afraid of the Mulsims and sharia law......because you know they are going to come and kill all of us.........You flat out called me a liar that you never wrote those words, and I politely let it drop fully knowing that you did, and Sal posted your own words that you cannot worm out of.....you put a dresser in front of your motel door when you went to Texas.....or were you lying then, or are you lying now. Geez, you do not even see the pattern, the fear, the machismo, the similarities to the fear mongering of Butchmeup, and you think you are a fence sitter.....self delusion becomes you.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

So now you're the judge of what is an apology? Man when I said you were like Al Sharpton I didn't know how true that actually was.

2seaoat

So now you're the judge of what is an apology? Man when I said you were like Al Sharpton I didn't know how true that actually was.

You post that you want additional security when staying in a motel and that you put a dresser in front of the door. I argue that scardy cats have taken over our policy and attack Butchmeup, and you call me Al sharpton because I am a liar and you never posted those words. Miss flight attendant.....there is someone out on the wing eating the plane. You are a hoot. I am Al Sharpton, John Wayne, and Charles Atlas because I simply spoke the truth......you posted exactly what I said you did, and you called me a liar. Next thing you know folks in fast food restaurants are going to speak Spanish......oh my. boooga booooga booooooga

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm on my phone reading that. It's too many incoherent words to try to see on this small screen with my geriatric eyes. Whittle it down to less words for me.

2seaoat

Boo

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

That's better. But now I've forgot what this conversation is about. Something about cats and racists and liars going through doors. Maybe I'm having a mescaline flashback.

Markle

Markle

Oprah Winfrey's racism is well known, here Oprah shows her shock when a guest prefers to be called an AMERICAN rather than AFRICAN AMERICAN!

Oprah's racial obsession

http://www.billoreilly.com/video?chartID=554&vid=665753502404953953

More about where racism is really centered...Progressives.

2seaoat

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/white-men-hold-65-percent-of-us-elected-offices-study/ar-BB8c2q2

Yep....Oprah's racism is the problem.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:That's better. But now I've forgot what this conversation is about. Something about cats and racists and liars going through doors.  Maybe I'm having a mescaline flashback.

You have a PM cyclops

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/white-men-hold-65-percent-of-us-elected-offices-study/ar-BB8c2q2

Yep....Oprah's racism is the problem.

What is your point?

2seaoat

What is your point?

By asking that question, you have proved my point.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:What is your point?

By asking that question, you have proved my point.

So you don't know either. Thanks!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum