Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FOR SEAOAT: You won't be seeing those lowlife criminals taking illegal snacks into movie theaters much longer.

+2
2seaoat
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Because it looks like the movie theaters are pricing themselves out of business.. lol

FOR SEAOAT:  You won't be seeing those lowlife criminals taking illegal snacks into movie theaters much longer. 20141010

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

By the way, I went to see "The Drop" at the Carmike last Tuesday.
I even bought the popcorn and coke for $2 each (Tuesday is discount day at Carmike).

I highly recommend "The Drop". Gandolfini's last movie released posthumously.
It's a great little crime drama but what it really is is a great little character study of the relationship between the four principal characters. All brilliantly acted by Gandolfini and the other three actors. One of which is Tom Hardy.
Tom Hardy IMO is one of the most talented actors of our time.
If you watched "Batman - The Dark Knight Rises" you will remember the villain Bane. That was Tom Hardy. It's almost unbelievable that the same actor is playing the role in this because the role is so entirely different from Bane.

2seaoat

I have not seen a movie at a theater since Avatar over two years ago. In that period of time the only movies we have watched are on direct tv which is not a choice given in the survey.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I have not seen a movie at a theater since Avatar over two years ago.  In that period of time the only movies we have watched are on direct tv which is not a choice given in the survey.

Well actually it is if you're talking about pay-per-view movies on DirecTV.  That's a part of what is referred to as "on demand".
But if you're talking about watching movies with DirecTV on the premium movie channels (HBO, Showtime,  etc) that's not reflected in "on demand".
This is talking about how only recently released movies are being watched.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

The cost of going to a movie at a theater is just too high. My son and I will go and spend $30 between the tickets and refreshments. And while I'd like to sneak snacks in, I don't want to teach my child that it is OK to break the rules. The movies are available pretty quickly through other methods, so it is not that big a deal to wait.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob.....you can make ammends. Buy snacks in the theater and take them home to watch pay per view.

Queen....it is terribly expensive.

Sal

Sal

QueenOfHearts wrote:The cost of going to a movie at a theater is just too high.

I agree with you that for 90% of new releases, I'm happy to wait to see it in my living room.

Some movies, however, are meant for the big screen.

Seeing Gravity in IMAX 3D was worth every single penny.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You can now have pretty much the same movie theater experience at home.
You can buy a 100" motorized projection screen for a couple hundred dollars.
Mine hangs from hooks at the top of the ceiling.  I lower it by remote control.
And 1080p HDTV video projectors are now available for no more than the cost of an LCD tv set.
Add a receiver and subwoofer and surround speakers (I spent about $300 total on my sound system),  and you can turn your den into a movie theater.

The beauty of it is:  
1.  You set your own showtimes.  
2.  You can pause the movie to go to the bathroom or to the kitchen to get snacks so you don't miss anything.  
3.  My den recliners are a whole lot more comfortable than theater chairs.
etc.,  etc, etc.
4. And last but not least, you can carry snacks into your den without breaking the law. lol

Bob wrote:You can now have pretty much the same movie theater experience at home.
You can buy a 100" motorized projection screen for a couple hundred dollars.
Mine hangs from hooks at the top of the ceiling.  I lower it by remote control.
And 1080p HDTV video projectors are now available for no more than the cost of an LCD tv set.
Add a receiver and subwoofer and surround speakers (I spent about $300 total on my sound system),  and you can turn your den into a movie theater.

The beauty of it is:  
1.  You set your own showtimes.  
2.  You can pause the movie to go to the bathroom or to the kitchen to get snacks so you don't miss anything.  
3.  My den recliners are a whole lot more comfortable than theater chairs.
etc.,  etc, etc.
4.  And last but not least,  you can carry snacks into your den without breaking the law.  lol

And closed captioning is an option at home!

Markle

Markle

Not much different than drive in theaters. But...they were fun....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum