Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

HHS projects 5.7 billion in hospital uncompensated care costs due to ACA

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dumpcare

Believe or not?

http://www.hhs.gov/news/press/2014pres/09/20140924a.html?utm_campaign=09%2F24%2F2014%20-%20hhs%20news%20release%20-%20uncompensated%20care&utm_medium=email&utm_source=hhs%20news%20releases&utm_content=text%20-%20title%20link

fuzzy math

all the hospitals and I know people that work in just about every major hospital in the country from coast to coast are struggling.

hours have been cut back, lay offs, vendors are also feeling the squeeze as draconian cost savings measures have been installed all over the nation.

it should be noted. a insurance card is NOT health CARE

Not to mention its killing off one of the largest sectors of middle class we have.

Vikingwoman

"For over a decade prior to the Affordable Care Act, the percentage of the American population that was uninsured had been growing steadily. But with the significant expansion of coverage under the health care law through the Health Insurance Marketplace and Medicaid, the uninsurance rate is at historic lows. As a result, the volume of uncompensated care provided in hospitals and emergency departments has fallen substantially in the last year, particularly in Medicaid expansion states."

LOL to the naysayers! Do you want your shit w/ fries?

Vikingwoman

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/medicare-finances-improve-due-to-aca-lower-hospital-expenses-social-security-stays-the-same-trustee-report-says/2014/07/28/5db1a2a2-165a-11e4-9e3b-7f2f110c6265_story.html

let me see if I can make this clear.

You do understand the word "projects" right?

Yes, fuzzy feel good math, no "real" data.

You also understand that link you provided is saying that the financial stability of MEDICARE has improved. And of course it has, BILLIONS was CUT from reimbursements to hospitals. And you think those CUTS to healthcare providers saved them money how? LOL

HHS, the people who brought you disaster rollouts. and you trust them with projected data LOL

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Without the word "drop", or "savings", the thread title is misleading and sounds like the opposite. Meanwhile:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102025396

Number of Obamacare insurers to rise by 25% in 2015

dumpcare

Yes, there are more insurer's entering into different markets for 2015 United Healthcare will sell in most county's in Florida on and off exchange. I think that is the only major insurer for Florida but other's are entering in other states. But at the same time some of the smaller insurer's in different parts of the country are pulling out.

Not once has anyone mentioned on the news or otherwise that some insurer's start their open enrollment October 1st for off exchange. The news focus is November 15th and that is for on exchange (to receive subsidy).

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102019248

After Surgery, $117,000 Bill for Doctor He Didn't Know

Elisabeth Rosenthal
Sunday, 21 Sep 2014 | 12:00 AM ET
The New York Times

"Before his three-hour neck surgery for herniated disks in December, Peter Drier, 37, signed a pile of consent forms. A bank technology manager who had researched his insurance coverage, Mr. Drier was prepared when the bills started arriving: $56,000 from Lenox Hill Hospital in Manhattan, $4,300 from the anesthesiologist and even $133,000 from his orthopedist, who he knew would accept a fraction of that fee.

He was blindsided, though, by a bill of about $117,000 from an ''assistant surgeon,'' a Queens-based neurosurgeon whom Mr. Drier did not recall meeting.

''I thought I understood the risks,'' Mr. Drier, who lives in New York City, said later. ''But this was just so wrong -- I had no choice and no negotiating power.''..."

dumpcare

We were discussing this in the office the other day, happens all the time around here also.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ppaca wrote:We were discussing this in the office the other day, happens all the time around here also.

It happened to my daughter with her child's dentist. When she first went to the office, she asked the person at the desk whether they accepted her employer-based dental plan...and was informed that they did. What the person didn't tell her was that the office was "out of network", which, because of an expensive procedure, ended up costing her about $1,000 out of pocket.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum