Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Repukes Can't Scrounge Up $8 Billion for Children's Medical Care

+3
zsomething
gatorfan
Sal
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

Meanwhile, they've just passed a budget that includes a $1.5 TRILLION tax cut for the uber wealthy and corporations.

Think they could maybe whittle that giveaway down to $1.492 TRILLION so that poor kids could receive some medical care?

Naaah ....

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/10/26/16554682/voxcare-childrens-health-insurance-program-nightmare

There's a special place in hell reserved for these scumbags to burn for eternity.

gatorfan

Reading from the article you posted it looks like the "Dumbocrats" can't compromise on anything either:

"Only yesterday I was told Democrats said they don't want to do anything and we should just go forward," House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) said. "That is not the way this place should work."

Glad I'm not a party hack like some people here......

Sal

Sal

gatorfan wrote:Reading from the article you posted it looks like the "Dumbocrats" can't compromise on anything either:

"Only yesterday I was told Democrats said they don't want to do anything and we should just go forward," House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) said. "That is not the way this place should work."

If you had any integrity or honesty, you would've quoted not what McCarthy said but what the Repukes actually proposed ...

"House Republicans proposed cutting Obamacare's public health fund, cutting the grace period for Obamacare enrollees who fail to make premium payments, repealing the law's Independent Payment Advisory Board, and making some smaller cuts to Medicare and Medicaid as their plan for offsets."

Woo hoo! ...

... can't believe those stubborn Dumbocrats didn't jump all over that!

Fuck the poor and elderly! ... Gots to have those juicy tax cuts for the masters of the universe!

You're not fooling anyone with your both-sides-do-it bullshit, Spanky.

You're just as big a partisan hack as Pkrdumb, if not even worse.

gatorfan

Sal wrote:
gatorfan wrote:Reading from the article you posted it looks like the "Dumbocrats" can't compromise on anything either:

If you had any integrity or honesty, you would've quoted not what McCarthy said but what the Repukes actually proposed ...

"House Republicans proposed cutting Obamacare's public health fund, cutting the grace period for Obamacare enrollees who fail to make premium payments, repealing the law's Independent Payment Advisory Board, and making some smaller cuts to Medicare and Medicaid as their plan for offsets."

Woo hoo! ...

... can't believe those stubborn Dumbocrats didn't jump all over that!

Fuck the poor and elderly! ... Gots to have those juicy tax cuts for the masters of the universe!

You're not fooling anyone with your both-sides-do-it bullshit, Spanky.

You're just as big a partisan hack as Pkrdumb, if not even worse.

Hardly Poser. If you had a shred of honest objectivity you would have slammed ALL of those losers in Congress. But you didn't as usual - you're a mindless political hack.

zsomething

The ugly truth is that the second you're born, conservatives don't give a fuck about you anymore.  Their voting makes it clear that their "anti-abortion" stuff is far more about controlling women than it is about babies, because when they get a chance to help children who people actually wanted and are already born, they take a pass every time.  Their "concern" is all bullshit.

Here's proof:

Map of the states with the highest infant mortality rate.

Electoral map.

Notice anything?  

That's what Republican policies get you... and yet these people keep voting the way they do because they think they're "saving babies."  Yeah, like hell they are.  It's all horseshit.  If they ever looked at the factual data about damn near any of the results they get for anything - poverty or health care or education or amount of corruption or who takes the most federal aid, etc. -- then the Republican party would be fucking dead.   But they never look at any of it.  They just belieeeeeeve shit, repeat what they're told ("uranium! Benghazi!"), and I've determined, after decades of watching conservative states vote against their own interests, that they're never going to wise up.  I'm not sure they have the acumen to do it anymore, frankly... they've turned the critical thinking muscles in their brain to mush through blind obedience for so long that they're lifting in ounces, not pounds.  They're frustratingly in love with being stupid, and you waste your time even being nice about it anymore; all that buys you is a chance to listen to more delusional horseshit.   The only thing you can do is wait for 'em to die off.   Which they will, if the country survives long enough... which is what has creeps like Steve Bannon so panicked and desperate to burn it all down.  

People are starting to wake up... but it's far too slow.  Republicans will gut a whole lot of stuff before people wise up to what they're doing.  Democrats aren't great, I don't love 'em, but the Republican party is not even remotely viable anymore for anything except a "white identitarian," or a Dominionist Jesus-hadi theocrat... and they don't care about actual results because they're too busy with the "next world" to worry about what happens in this one. Some of the more extreme liberal things annoy me, but given the choice between the two parties, if you're basing things on looking at actual results, it's not even a contest.  The G.O.P. has nothing to offer.  

And it's becoming more ridiculous all the time with this Trump thing.  it's a cult more than a political party now.  I get that they hate us -- because our side's done provably better work and there ain't nothin' a conservative with a nickel hates more than a Democrat with a dime -- but making a joke of yourself pretending an obvious con-man isn't a con-man just to "piss off the libtards" is just as stupid as hell.  That's a helluva price tag for spite.

Deus X

Deus X

knothead

knothead

zsomething wrote:The ugly truth is that the second you're born, conservatives don't give a fuck about you anymore.  Their voting makes it clear that their "anti-abortion" stuff is far more about controlling women than it is about babies, because when they get a chance to help children who people actually wanted and are already born, they take a pass every time.  Their "concern" is all bullshit.

Here's proof:

Map of the states with the highest infant mortality rate.

Electoral map.

Notice anything?  

That's what Republican policies get you... and yet these people keep voting the way they do because they think they're "saving babies."  Yeah, like hell they are.  It's all horseshit.  If they ever looked at the factual data about damn near any of the results they get for anything - poverty or health care or education or amount of corruption or who takes the most federal aid, etc. -- then the Republican party would be fucking dead.   But they never look at any of it.  They just belieeeeeeve shit, repeat what they're told ("uranium! Benghazi!"), and I've determined, after decades of watching conservative states vote against their own interests, that they're never going to wise up.  I'm not sure they have the acumen to do it anymore, frankly... they've turned the critical thinking muscles in their brain to mush through blind obedience for so long that they're lifting in ounces, not pounds.  They're frustratingly in love with being stupid, and you waste your time even being nice about it anymore; all that buys you is a chance to listen to more delusional horseshit.   The only thing you can do is wait for 'em to die off.   Which they will, if the country survives long enough... which is what has creeps like Steve Bannon so panicked and desperate to burn it all down.  

People are starting to wake up... but it's far too slow.  Republicans will gut a whole lot of stuff before people wise up to what they're doing.  Democrats aren't great, I don't love 'em, but the Republican party is not even remotely viable anymore for anything except a "white identitarian," or a Dominionist Jesus-hadi theocrat... and they don't care about actual results because they're too busy with the "next world" to worry about what happens in this one. Some of the more extreme liberal things annoy me, but given the choice between the two parties, if you're basing things on looking at actual results, it's not even a contest.  The G.O.P. has nothing to offer.  

And it's becoming more ridiculous all the time with this Trump thing.  it's a cult more than a political party now.  I get that they hate us -- because our side's done provably better work and there ain't nothin' a conservative with a nickel hates more than a Democrat with a dime -- but making a joke of yourself pretending an obvious con-man isn't a con-man just to "piss off the libtards" is just as stupid as hell.  That's a helluva price tag for spite.

cheers cheers cheers

PkrBum

PkrBum

Strange... I always considered it my responsibility to take care of my children. scratch

2seaoat

Strange... I always considered it my responsibility to take care of my children.

A great many people express opinions without having one real world experience with families or individuals who are impacted by public policy. The Chips program passed in the 90s (Children's Health Insurance Program) has been very successful on filling some of the gaps between medicaid eligible and the working poor. Each state sets policies, but no family has to pay more than 5% of their family income for coverage of the children. I have seen this program work great for people whose plants closed, layoffs, divorce, and other dislocations where the parents may not be able to have insurance but the kids get covered.

This is not a mystery. It does not take a high intellect, or even advanced degrees to see who has supported these policies and who has attacked these policies.

In 2016 the total cost for the Chips programs was about 14 billion. The range of increases in the defense budget is between 60-100 billion dollar increase. It does not take a translator to see who voted for what. We have the teat suckers and corporate welfare lobbying congress(who increased the defense budget almost 30 billion more than President Trump's insane increases, and those same folks want to try to blow some smoke on this simple definition of current politics. The Republican party stands for racism, corporate welfare, and more teat suckers while cutting the taxes of the top 2% of our citizens. The Democrats want budget cuts in the military and expansion of health programs for children. There is no ambiguity. There is no confusion. There is no pretend middle position. There is only the stark truth.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum