Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Roosevelt PBS series

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Roosevelt PBS series - Page 2 Empty Re: Roosevelt PBS series 9/21/2014, 9:21 pm

knothead

knothead

From his speech at the DNC Philadelphia 1936: Some things never change . . .

These economic royalists complain that we seek to overthrow the institutions of America. What they really complain of is that we seek to take away their power. Our allegiance to American institutions requires the overthrow of this kind of power. In vain they seek to hide behind the flag and the Constitution. In their blindness they forget what the flag and the Constitution stand for. Now, as always, they stand for democracy, not tyranny; for freedom, not subjection; and against a dictatorship by mob rule and the over-privileged alike.

27Roosevelt PBS series - Page 2 Empty Re: Roosevelt PBS series 9/21/2014, 9:22 pm

2seaoat

I was not a fan of FDR, however in retrospect I have gained a great deal of respect. His battle with polio alone showed courage beyond what I had imagined.

28Roosevelt PBS series - Page 2 Empty Re: Roosevelt PBS series 9/21/2014, 9:35 pm

knothead

knothead

My parents, neither of whom got farther than the 8th grade was relegated to a life of hardship and perseverance were honest hard working people. They were the majority of America who were trapped in an economic nightmare . . . . FDR skillfully brought America back from the brink. He was so adored by my own Father that he named their first born after giving him the middle name "Delano". So yes I get my allegiance honest . . . .

Going to bed . . . exhausted . . . did 7 miles this morning beginning at 5:15 then painted most of the day because the weather was perfect and it had to be done.

29Roosevelt PBS series - Page 2 Empty Re: Roosevelt PBS series 9/21/2014, 11:17 pm

2seaoat wrote:I was not a fan of FDR, however in retrospect I have gained a great deal of respect. His battle with polio alone showed courage beyond what I had imagined.

Because you only wish to focus on certain results... he made leaps and bounds beyond what measures govt was before.

30Roosevelt PBS series - Page 2 Empty Re: Roosevelt PBS series 9/23/2014, 11:34 pm

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:dont worry

I think if every hater would give up their social security check because they hate everything about FDR, we might get some integrity from them talking out of both ends of their body.

FDR was a good war President but his domestic policies were and are disastrous.

Social Security began as ALL Progressive programs begin. Good intentions, feel good and affordable. It INTENT was a supplemental income for a couple of years. Well over a dozen people supported each retiree. Life expectancy was 0 to a couple years after they began to collect a benefit.

Today we have two, maybe three workers supporting each retiree who are depending on that income for their retirement. instead of collecting benefits for a year or two at most, not it is 20-30 years.

Several of the non-thinkers here want to go back to the times of far, far higher taxes. However, they DO NOT want to drop the Social Security tax back to what it was at those times or make adjustments for inflation.

They are incredibly selfish and work hard to conceal their true feelings. Punish the good and reward the bad. That's their goal in life.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum