Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Equip and clothe a cop like a soldier, and he becomes a soldier!

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

The following is extracted from a book on the growth of militarization of police forces and private contractor armies ...

"In late 2011, another affront to democracy was taking shape as the government was outsourcing jobs to design, maintain, and op­erate cybercapabilities for national security. This included devising defenses against cyberattacks, and even orchestrating offensive cybertactics. In what some government officials were calling the cybercontractor complex, there was a shift in 2011 from internal de­fense of the infrastructure to offensive strategies, including cybersur­veillance sometimes aimed at American citizens—a startling reality that would soon be exposed to the world by former private contractor Edward Snowden. Equally unsettling was the fact that a few of the new surveillance systems operated by companies under contract to the United States had customers other than the United States.

Evidence of potential problems bubbled up in autumn 2011 when the Occupy Wall Street movement inspired demonstrations in U.S. cities and towns and on university campuses, as people protested the greed of what they called “the 1 percent” of the U.S. populace. Although there was no direct involvement of PMSCs, as had been the case in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina when Homeland Security brought in Blackwater, there were clear signs of the mili­tarization trend in policing. The protests began on September 17 in New York with the occupation of a park near Wall Street. These were nonviolent political protesters using their First Amendment rights to express their views, thus inspiring some journalists to refer to “the American Autumn” following “the Arab Spring.” But in early Octo­ber things began to change. In their black full-battle uniforms armed with assault rifles, sometimes even M4s like the ones the military used in Iraq and Afghanistan, some police began to act the way they looked. In Oakland, for example, police kicked and attacked demon­strators, including war veterans, shooting them in the face with tear­gas canisters. An ex-Marine who had spent two tours of duty in Iraq was hit so hard in the head with a police projectile—while he was texting—that he was taken to a hospital in critical condition and for nearly two months lost his ability to speak. As if in a flashback scene from the disaster at Nisour Square, Oakland police threw a “flash­bang grenade” at the people who ran to help the wounded vet.

In November, a former Washington State peace officer who had earned a Bronze Star and Purple Heart while serving in Iraq teamed up with a lawyer from Arlington, Virginia, to warn in the Atlantic about the consequences of bringing military-style training to domes­tic law enforcement: “When police officers are dressed like soldiers, armed like soldiers, and trained like soldiers, it’s not surprising that they are beginning to act like soldiers.”

It was a potentially shameful situation for the United States, especially when the U.N., the watchdog of human rights violations across the globe, turned its gaze on the nation that considered itself the world’s icon of freedom and human rights. In early December, Frank La Rue, the U.N.’s special envoy for protecting free expres­sion, drafted a memo to the U.S. government demanding to know why it was not protecting the rights of the Occupy Wall Street pro­testors. From his view, as long as they were peaceful nonviolent demonstrators occupying public spaces, the government had an obli­gation to protect their rights and not to exert excessive force against them. What was at risk, La Rue wrote, was America’s credibility as a model democracy.

In late 2011, another affront to democracy was taking shape as the government was outsourcing jobs to design, maintain, and op­erate cybercapabilities for national security. This included devising defenses against cyberattacks, and even orchestrating offensive cybertactics. In what some government officials were calling the cybercontractor complex, there was a shift in 2011 from internal de­fense of the infrastructure to offensive strategies, including cybersur­veillance sometimes aimed at American citizens—a startling reality that would soon be exposed to the world by former private contractor Edward Snowden. Equally unsettling was the fact that a few of the new surveillance systems operated by companies under contract to the United States had customers other than the United States."

2seaoat

Cut the criminal justice system 25%,decriminalize and tax drugs sales, and the militarization of our police will come to an end. This has been a very bad time in our history as a free people guided by democratic principles.

2seaoat wrote:Cut the criminal justice system 25%,decriminalize and tax drugs sales,...

Equip and clothe a cop like a soldier, and he becomes a soldier! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRj8Nww6Dfg1l2NdQdZVkHZax8YVhvQKgq5OinToM65o7Cqu_Pt

...and you still wouldn't cure the underlying cause of the problem.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o91H5ntm4JE

Smile

2seaoat

Perfect is the enemy of good.

2seaoat wrote:Perfect is the enemy of good.

Equip and clothe a cop like a soldier, and he becomes a soldier! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQs7aXWqgAEeDiVitEUyBgiA9fUnLeygbnpe-JpMivrS9Gr1FvNPA

Equip and clothe a cop like a soldier, and he becomes a soldier! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbZmTXNMVX4LFgHeElaYBQyi4vQ-9XEv4s2YkvmR2HsirfZltW

Equip and clothe a cop like a soldier, and he becomes a soldier! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSd5AUH0kIJIxMYsrypI3MgLLSuPlAGS58aM-lyyDfdtjs1ImzHMQ

Yep. That's why we should throw all the laws out and just let anarchy rule WTH...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ScFU0UxKWA

Smile

"There is no greater evil than anarchy."
Sophocles

2seaoat

Yep. That's why we should throw all the laws out and just let anarchy rule WTH...

Another non sequitur.........you have a tendency to talk to yourself, but I try to have discussions with you but, you cannot keep the wheels on your thought process, and I almost feel like I am intruding in your masturbatory discussion with yourself.......

2seaoat wrote:Yep. That's why we should throw all the laws out and just let anarchy rule WTH...

Another non sequitur.........you have a tendency to talk to yourself, but I try to have discussions with you but, you cannot keep the wheels on your thought process, and I almost feel like I am intruding in your masturbatory discussion with yourself.......

Lol... this from the diarrhea wordsmith.

2seaoat wrote:Yep. That's why we should throw all the laws out and just let anarchy rule WTH...

Equip and clothe a cop like a soldier, and he becomes a soldier! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqk3EqJGi-NNbwkemkhwhsTRwtUcj0B9SELKGo0hO1ROZCSpwTyQ

You don't wish to discuss any real solutions to the problem because you have to prepare for a meeting tonight on how to keep the hate going. I'm sure a Dixie Democrat like you who's tactics are to divert and obfuscate from discussing any real or lasting solutions can do much better at belittling someone like me than the post I'm quoting. After all there wasn't even anything about subsidies and my being lily white in that post.

So are you studying to be a Grand Master or have you achieved that much vaulted position already?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqUaBwhyzWo

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 8/31/2014, 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Some of the cops have military experience .. So it's not than just a game of dress up.

Some of the cops have military experience .. So it's not than just a game of dress up.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:The following is extracted from a book on the growth of militarization of police forces and private contractor armies ...
[...]

Why Wordslinger, these are your people, just like your signature! You love uniforms don't you?

Equip and clothe a cop like a soldier, and he becomes a soldier! Hitlers-train-Amerika_zpseebd91bd

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Some of the cops have military experience .. So it's not than just a game of dress up.

Please expand on your confusing precept. Are you saying it's good to arm cops like soldiers because they were once soldiers?

When I see a cop dressed like a soldier, he becomes my enemy instead of my protector. If he gets killed in whatever melee develops as a result of his play-acting, so much the better.

I take it you're all for militarizing all cops -- so they can pretend to be soldiers and pretend we're their enemy. Isn't that what you want?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

I see Herr Markle wants to shift the subject again, and his fall back position generally involves him digging into his massive Nazi file.

What the hell, who am I to deride him for being a Nazi? It's a free country. Go for it Herr Markle, why don't you show us your Nazi regalia room?

Or your Goebbels memorabilia collection?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Wordslinger wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Some of the cops have military experience .. So it's not than just a game of dress up.

Please expand on your confusing precept.  Are you saying it's good to arm cops like soldiers because they were once soldiers?

When I see a cop dressed like a soldier, he becomes my enemy instead of my protector.
 If he gets killed in whatever melee develops as a result of his play-acting, so much the better.

I take it you're all for militarizing all cops -- so they can pretend to be soldiers and pretend we're their enemy.  Isn't that what you want?

Why?

Fergeson looked like a war zone....the officers safety is first and foremost. Perhaps the police should have left and let the low life thugs destroy their own city.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Joanimaroni wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Please expand on your confusing precept.  Are you saying it's good to arm cops like soldiers because they were once soldiers?

When I see a cop dressed like a soldier, he becomes my enemy instead of my protector.
 If he gets killed in whatever melee develops as a result of his play-acting, so much the better.

I take it you're all for militarizing all cops -- so they can pretend to be soldiers and pretend we're their enemy.  Isn't that what you want?

Why?

Fergeson looked like a war zone....the officers safety is first and foremost. Perhaps the police should have left and let the low life thugs destroy their own city.

Consider: If the Ferguson police hadn't started facing the peaceful protestors the first night with armored vehicles, and by pointing rifles at the protestors, maybe it wouldn't have turned into a war zone. There is no justification EVER for a military clothed and equipped policeman to train a loaded weapon at a civilian who isn't attacking him. Period.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Let's face the truth: the cops of Ferguson, and all the cities in America who have received military equipment with which to confront the citizens they are sworn to protect, do so because they are SCARED to death.

And they SHOULD BE!!

You want to play soldier boy and train a weapon at me when I'm unarmed and not attacking you or looting, and I accept your invitation for civil war.

Fuck you and all the killer cops.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Wordslinger wrote:Let's face the truth:  the cops of Ferguson, and all the cities in America who have received military equipment with which to confront the citizens they are sworn to protect, do so because they are SCARED to death.

And they SHOULD BE!!

You want to play soldier boy and train a weapon at me when I'm unarmed and not attacking you or looting, and I accept your invitation for civil war.

Fuck you and all the killer cops.

The streets of Fergeson were filled with looters, people throwing bottles, rocks and molotav
cocktails......the thugs set the tempo.

2seaoat

The streets of Fergeson were filled with looters, people throwing bottles, rocks and molotav

There was a little bit of that.....mostly peaceful demonstrators who showed great restraint. Sadly, Thoreau's civil disobedience today is met with tanks and automatic weapons.......at some point there will be violence.

Wordslinger wrote:

When I see a cop dressed like a soldier, he becomes my enemy instead of my protector.  If he gets killed in whatever melee develops as a result of his play-acting, so much the better.

You don't remember much from previous posts in another thread. Senility must be creeping in. Many of your LEOs are prior military. If we didn't live in a society where the cops are not outgunned most times, they wouldn't have to take the next step. I've yet to see one cop wearing Level 4 body armor with plates in their vests that weigh 22 pounds like the sort I wore in Iraq and Astan.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Wordslinger wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Why?

Consider:  If the Ferguson police hadn't started facing the peaceful protestors the first night with armored vehicles, and by pointing rifles at the protestors, maybe it wouldn't have turned into a war zone.  There is no justification EVER for a military clothed and equipped policeman to train a loaded weapon at a civilian who isn't attacking him.  Period.

Consider: If the protestors were peaceful the first night, it would not have been necessary for police to protect officers with extra safety equipment.

Aug 10, candlelight vigil to honor Brown later turns violent. More than a dozen businesses are vandalized and looted. More than 30 people are arrested and two police officers suffered injuries, police said.

Aug 11 police armed with anti riot gear.

Your time line is incorrect.....the thugs set the tone on the first night of protests. It was not peaceful.

2seaoat wrote:The streets of Fergeson were filled with looters, people throwing bottles, rocks and molotav

There was a little bit of that.....mostly peaceful demonstrators who showed great restraint.  Sadly, Thoreau's civil disobedience today is met with tanks and automatic weapons.......at some point there will be violence.

Equip and clothe a cop like a soldier, and he becomes a soldier! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ83RMh0ZK6rOu7p84Mvm7_m1OZ60Lp90uAcaYWq_g5pXjNgXWPnw

I understand. The next time there's rioting and looting going on the police can just stay at the station and the peaceful demonstrators can take care of any civil disobedience. That way things won't get out of hand.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxiHgm5UEsA

Smile

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Would you trust a cop in a combat outfit aiming an M16 at you, because you're standing there unarmed, making a legal non-violent protest?

There's the problem.

Hell, I didn't trust cops long before Ferguson ... and still don't.

Wordslinger wrote:Would you trust a cop in a combat outfit aiming an M16 at you, because you're standing there unarmed, making a legal non-violent protest?

There's the problem.

Equip and clothe a cop like a soldier, and he becomes a soldier! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8t7t1HGJ0YyW8hdKxM4LT-CRVyh1z_i4_JM44WTtcnoFn5mes

The way I see it if the town is being pillaged and burned to the ground the governor should have told the police to withdraw and declared martial law. The national guard could be responsible for evacuating those who were willing to go and keeping the peace in the streets with military equipment. If martial law was declared looters, pillagers, arsonists, and aggressive dissenters, will be shot without repercussions to the guard.

The peaceful dissenters can make their protests outside the declared zone.

Would that make you happier?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSOyBGGsUk8

Smile

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:Would you trust a cop in a combat outfit aiming an M16 at you, because you're standing there unarmed, making a legal non-violent protest?

There's the problem.

And anyone cares because?

Damaged Eagle wrote:

There's the problem.

The way I see it if the town is being pillaged and burned to the ground the governor should have told the police to withdraw and declared martial law. The national guard could be responsible for evacuating those who were willing to go and keeping the peace in the streets with military equipment. If martial law was declared looters, pillagers, arsonists, and aggressive dissenters, will be shot without repercussions to the guard.

The peaceful dissenters can make their protests outside the declared zone.

Would that make you happier?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSOyBGGsUk8

Smile

Equip and clothe a cop like a soldier, and he becomes a soldier! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPrAqNigcM61LC8DzT2Iiz3zrjzt3Zu3P8un3CMiUusPB3SXc9Iw

Or perhaps we should allow the citizens to have a free hand in taking care of the problem.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55uLFNkltkQ

Smile

That way we can all live the American Dream because it came true.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum