Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Smart people don't believe in God . . .

+2
2seaoat
Wordslinger
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

http://www.samharris.org/site/...
“Most polls show that about 90% of the general public believes in a personal God; yet 93% of the members of the National Academy of Sciences do not.”

Let's face it, people who think the earth and our galaxy were produced by a Jewish god less than 6,900 years ago -- in spite of all the scientific fact that blows that concept to hell and gone -- are every bit as right and brilliant are people who believe in the Tooth Fairy, or that the Earth is flat, or that celibacy has proven to be of great worth to the Catholic church.

There's a reason Einstein didn't believe in a Judeo-Christian god. Einstein was smart.

Reality.

2seaoat

I have unmitigated faith, and the intelligence to defend the same if that was possible, but it is not possible, and therein lies the paradox which requires a high level of reasoning.....sure some approach religion like superstitions, but it is not that simple, nor is there any scientific method of discovery of the same......and as Einstein said......God does not play dice with the world.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:I have unmitigated faith, and the intelligence to defend the same if that was possible, but it is not possible, and therein lies the paradox which requires a high level of reasoning.....sure some approach religion like superstitions, but it is not that simple, nor is there any scientific method of discovery of the same......and as Einstein said......God does not play dice with the world.

I am with you, Seaoat.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Smart people may not believe, but really smart people do.

Pretty sure I could make a child believe anything. I once convinced my nephew that planes weren't flying thousands of feet in the air... they were actually just very small. It took awhile... but he eventually caved to my persuasive argument and false facts.

no stress

no stress

Fuckin atheists...always stirring the pot.

no stress wrote:Fuckin atheists...always stirring the pot.

I'm sorry if you thght I was... it was just a cute story. At dinner that nite he argued my position better than I had.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Da Dude wrote:Pretty sure I could make a child believe anything. I once convinced my nephew that planes weren't flying thousands of feet in the air... they were actually just very small. It took awhile... but he eventually caved to my persuasive argument and false facts.

Lying to kids...that's constructive.

Floridatexan wrote:
Da Dude wrote:Pretty sure I could make a child believe anything. I once convinced my nephew that planes weren't flying thousands of feet in the air... they were actually just very small. It took awhile... but he eventually caved to my persuasive argument and false facts.

Lying to kids...that's constructive.

Who decides what faith lies are? I'm not trying to stir shit here... but are you contesting my premise?

You seem easily influenced by bs.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

no stress wrote:Fuckin atheists...always stirring the pot.

How Christian of you!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nobody knows.  Not scientists,  not philosophers,  not Mohammed,  not Jesus,  not Buddha,  not the Hindu cows,  not me,  not you.

It has nothing whatever to do with intelligence or lack of intelligence. And it most definitely has nothing to do with politics.

Too many to list - so here's the first thing that appeared in a Google search.  Pretty sure all of them are smarter than most:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_thinkers_in_science#2001.E2.80.93today_.2821st_century.29

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum