Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gulf Breeze has smart people living there

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I have decided to pay the toll on Garcon Point bridge to find civilization. I had a remarkable experience at the phone store in the Tiger Point area where people were bright, articulate, and the customers were not knuckle dragging folks. People are courteous, bright eyed and coherent. I will catch a movie in Gulf Breeze and see if I can find a can of glue in the bathroom......I really doubt it.....whole different world.

My phone provider just chocked my data down to a snail pace because we have been traveling for a couple weeks. I now have four gig of four G speed with a 19 buck android phone with tethering capability to allow my wife and I to use our laptops with secure hook ups. No contract, and fifty five bucks a month which in the spring I will cancel, and reinstate next fall if I am still around.

I had some great experiences in Milton today with friendly bright people, but I will leave my comments about the Pace Lowes to myself tonight. If I cannot say something good about Pace.......well.....I guess I should not say much.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Too good for "the common folk,", are ya?

2seaoat

Too good for "the common folk,", are ya?

The middle class has been devastated by Reaganomics and we now live in a two class society......poor, and folks who are privileged and wealthy. I guess having grown up in middle class environments, I am appalled by the poverty, lack of education, and lack of class which prevails. It is a pandemic in America. Gated communities in Arizona, and a mob waiting for more Circus. It is not a matter of common folks......it is a matter of poverty, and the politics which have created this environment.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Elitist much?

So anyway ... wtf are you doing up at 3:30 in the morning?

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:I have decided to pay the toll on Garcon Point bridge to find civilization.  I had a remarkable experience at the phone store in the Tiger Point area where people were bright, articulate, and the customers were not knuckle dragging folks.  People are courteous, bright eyed and coherent.  I will catch a movie in Gulf Breeze and see if I can find a can of glue in the bathroom......I really doubt it.....whole different world.

My phone provider just chocked my data down to a snail pace because we have been traveling for a couple weeks.   I now have four gig of four G speed with a 19 buck android phone with tethering capability to allow my wife and I to use our laptops with secure hook ups.  No contract, and fifty five bucks a month which in the spring I will cancel, and reinstate next fall if I am still around.

I had some great experiences in Milton today with friendly bright people, but I will leave my comments about the Pace Lowes to myself tonight.  If I cannot say something good about Pace.......well.....I guess I should not say much.

You should buy some property out in Milton on Garcon Point.   Once that toll gets eliminated, which we know it eventually will, that road will blow up.  

Why not buy this one?  13.6 acres with a lake!   Right near the bridge.

http://www.pensacolamls.com/landlots-for-sale/0000000-Avalon-Blvd-Milton-FL-32583-102498096

2seaoat

I was up last night because I hurt. Sleeping in a damn bed and no lazy boy. The liver presses up against the ribs and not much sleep. I ran the bobcat today and made things worse. I hope I am sound to sleep tonight.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I think it's safe to say that aliens from outer space who can travel faster than light are the really smart people.  And being smart people,  when they came to Earth they of course wanted to visit the smartest of all Earthlings.
And lest we forget,  where exactly did those aliens come to?  They came to Gulf Breeze.
I rest my case.

Gulf Breeze has smart people living there Hoaxmobile%201

Gulf Breeze has smart people living there Hqdefault

2seaoat

Maybe those Aliens have something to do with what is happening in Pace?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Maybe those Aliens have something to do with what is happening in Pace?

Rumor has it the aliens ventured away from Gulf Breeze to explore the surrounding areas.  But when they crossed the causeway on Hgwy 90 and first got to Pace,  they were shocked to see so many lawns grown with birdseed.  But what really spooked them is seeing earth people taking milk duds into the cineplex clearly in violation of the law.  And all they could pick up on the spaceship radio was racist elevator music.
But the last straw was when they stopped to buy gas on the way out and they couldn't believe it cost $1.89.
That's when they decided to venture no further and returned to Gulf Breeze and civilization.
However,  the gas was also $1.89 in Gulf Breeze.  Apparently the smart people voted against Obama too.

2seaoat

You should buy some property out in Milton on Garcon Point. Once that toll gets eliminated, which we know it eventually will, that road will blow up.

Why not buy this one? 13.6 acres with a lake! Right near the bridge.

I thought the same thing in the early 2000s and bought five lots and built three houses. I lost eighty thousand a house. We are now getting on the right side of that downturn I agree that Garcon will explode once they deal with the bridge. There is an amazing amount of land, but the entire point from shore to shore was submerged in Ivan. You really can get some great property out there right now, and you are right.....it will boom. I always thought is was a good buy because Obrien who wrote for the PNJ chose to live there. Lot of horse people get great land for the buck, and if you set up with another owner inland when there is a hurricane, you really cannot beat land on Garcon. I am amazed how busy the old Indian Bayou marina which was converted into a campground has been. When I take the bridge some mornings, I see couples walking all up and down Avalon. All of them babyboomers. That great migration may happen, but it will not be condos on the beach, but a lot in an RV park.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum