Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Health Care

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Health Care Empty Health Care 1/4/2010, 12:10 am

Why do we have to have a caste system for rich and poor when it comes to human life? Isn't life sacred? We should all help each other when it comes to medical care. No one's life should be more important than someone else's just because of money. That is a gift we should give each other.

2Health Care Empty Re: Health Care 1/4/2010, 12:35 am

skankymoranky wrote:Why do we have to have a caste system for rich and poor when it comes to human life? Isn't life sacred? We should all help each other when it comes to medical care. No one's life should be more important than someone else's just because of money. That is a gift we should give each other.

That being said, I take no issue with someone who is a health care provider or doctor making good money for what they do.

We are just spending our money, letting the wrong people manage it, and a really big chunk of it goes to things that are not about making people well or healthy.

We spend more on health care than any other country. I don't see why we can't have the best health care system that will help everyone based on what we spend collectively.

3Health Care Empty Re: Health Care 9/3/2010, 1:38 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Hey Chrissy when you have time watch this and give me your opinion...thanks

4Health Care Empty Re: Health Care 9/4/2010, 9:41 am

Teo, I was going to watch it now, bbut its 23 minutes long. I gotta go to work. But I promise when I get back its the first thing I'll do.

hugs

5Health Care Empty Re: Health Care 9/4/2010, 2:28 pm

[quote="TEOTWAWKI"]Hey Chrissy when you have time watch this and give me your opinion...thanks

Interesting.

I agree with most of it. Especially the FDA portion.

I have been saying for as long as I have been on these forums, what 5 years now? That the GOV was the problem, they are. He put it very eloquently. I see it from a different angle because I am in the middle of it on a daily basis, but its still the same. The more GOV interfears, the higher the cost.

He presented one theory about the AMA that I havnt really thought about. Not sure I agree with all that, some maybe.

He also brought up a good point about liscensing and regulations. It never occured to me how much regulation there really is until I got in a leadership position and had to become proficient in the MANY commisions that oversee us. It's a lot. A day doesnt go by that I am not spending a good deal of time managing one factor or another to these accredidations, regulations. Many of which are redundant.

I dont think people realize how much involvment and control the GOV already has over health care. But yet they want it to have full control.

It's a concern.

6Health Care Empty Re: Health Care 9/4/2010, 2:50 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Thanks for your input Chrissy. I like his take on the problems government control creates in almost everything it touches. I wish people would see that but then a great many people are living off the government in one way or another.

7Health Care Empty Re: Health Care 9/6/2010, 7:23 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Thanks for your input Chrissy. I like his take on the problems government control creates in almost everything it touches. I wish people would see that but then a great many people are living off the government in one way or another.

My pleasure and honor

Sorry you didnt get to hear more from skanky Laughing

8Health Care Empty Re: Health Care 6/21/2012, 7:51 am

chrissy8 wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Thanks for your input Chrissy. I like his take on the problems government control creates in almost everything it touches. I wish people would see that but then a great many people are living off the government in one way or another.

My pleasure and honor

Well tried like hell to find how to post a new thread to put this in, but for a better place since all eyes are on the scotus for their decision on health care, here is a link to a live blog when they make their decisions. Seems it's only on Monday and Thursday mornings and starts around 8 eastern.

http://www.scotusblog.com/cover-it-live/

9Health Care Empty Re: Health Care 6/23/2012, 3:47 am

reaper1948 wrote:
chrissy8 wrote:

My pleasure and honor

Well tried like hell to find how to post a new thread to put this in, but for a better place since all eyes are on the scotus for their decision on health care, here is a link to a live blog when they make their decisions. Seems it's only on Monday and Thursday mornings and starts around 8 eastern.

Reaper -

To post a new thread, click on "nouveau" at the bottom right of a post. I think it's French for the word new.

Why it's the only word in French on the forum, I can't say.

10Health Care Empty health care 6/23/2012, 8:45 am

Thank you. The live blog didn't work this past Thursday but they had their decisions come out on supremecourt.gov website. Although there is nothing scheduled this coming week they are expected to make rulings on Monday and possibly extend the rulings thru the week. They do have to break June 28th at the latest, some of the justices have to be in different countries to teach law classes by July 1.

11Health Care Empty Re: Health Care 6/25/2012, 9:56 am

AnnieKate wrote:
reaper1948 wrote:
chrissy8 wrote:

My pleasure and honor

Reaper -

To post a new thread, click on "nouveau" at the bottom right of a post. I think it's French for the word new.

Why it's the only word in French on the forum, I can't say.

The live blog is working today, court starts making decisions at 9:00 A.M our time

Slicef18

Slicef18

[quote="wild_thing"][quote="TEOTWAWKI"]Hey Chrissy when you have time watch this and give me your opinion...thanks

Yes, the GOV is involved in almost every aspect of health care. And I'm thankful.
Imagine private clinics watering down your cancer treatment medication.
Imagine an imaging center getting five slices of a CT scan and getting paid for a fifty slice study. Imagine Joe Schmoe who's trained as a VET TECH setting up a walk in clinic.
Imagine you show symptoms for an ulcer and you get a GI, GB, IVP,and dual contrast colon study.
Imagine your physician having gotten no refresher courses or advanced studies treatments.
Imagine..........

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum