Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boards....so all of the jobs lost in the great recession were recovered by this Spring...but...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.providencejournal.com/news/economy/20140811-study-new-jobs-created-since-recession-pay-23-percent-less-than-those-lost.ece

.....they pay 23% less. So, how is this a recovery for the economy? Wouldn't a recovery involve workers ending up now at the same pay level they had before the recession? How does government function on 23% less taxes? If you lose that much of your income, how does that affect a person's life economically?

I have recent personal experience in that due to an illness that has me on a permanent medical hold until my Medical Exclusion Board can convene and determine what the good folks at AFRC want to do with someone that they just spent in excess of 150k to train investigate, and create clearances, but cannot any longer deploy (and that job doesn't ever require me to do so based on my AFSC). It creates more work for bankruptcy lawyers I can guarantee you that. Then what happens to banks who have to repossess homes, cars etc and then try to sell them at auction to recoup some of their costs...which they won't get back ever. This is a faux recovery at best. Not only does a person lose that percentage of their income, but also the loss due to inflation of prices when they lost said jobs and now the prices of things they have to pay for with 1/4 of their income gone. For the elder workers 55 and up, this has to be devastating as they really have no opportunity to ever recoup those losses. Those of us a bit younger might, just might get back to that level one day, but who knows? All of that has a huge, negative, economical impact that ripples through the country. I refuse to just give up and go the way of Robin Williams as bad as that might seem because I do have some folks still counting on me. I refuse to demand that Obama give me something for nothing as well.

So, what's the fix?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Sorry, there is no new industrial revolution coming...it would have made someone a trillionaire had that been the case.

boards of FL

boards of FL

I can lead you to the answer though I can't make you understand it.

I just don't see anything coming that will bring back the wealth this nation once had or help those in the 55+ age bracket earn back the wealth lost before they retire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kICLG4Zg8s

Noam thinks it is balderdash.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum