Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beautiful August weekend

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Beautiful August weekend Empty Beautiful August weekend 8/10/2014, 9:19 pm

2seaoat

Enjoyed repeatedly running the dog all weekend and her sister came out to visit with the grandkids. The smiles on the dog's faces was only matched by the length of their tongues hanging out of their mouths. My grandson proceeded to give my an unintentional head butt to the liver.....lights out pain, and surprising power from a four year old who wrestles with his dad using head butts......Papa was neither ready, nor cannot still get rid of those liver pains, but way too much fun with the grandkids this week. No swimming in the river this weekend because I have some sores on my feet and do not want to chance an infection with the schedule next week.

I speak great three, four and five year old.......it is a special language, and my daughter and son keep asking how I can understand what they are saying.......I just tell them it was all those years on the PNJ forum.....

2Beautiful August weekend Empty Re: Beautiful August weekend 8/10/2014, 9:28 pm

Sal

Sal

Glad to here it, man. 

Soak it in. 

Kevlar vests often come in handy when dealing with toddlers. 

3Beautiful August weekend Empty Re: Beautiful August weekend 8/10/2014, 9:40 pm

I rolled out at 5:30, the moon was till out and it was really bright.  I rode over the Bayou Chico bridge, downtown , Navy point, stopped on the Navy Yard bridge and took some picture of the sun rise.  I rode past all the Gated houses on Bayshore drive and felt a little sad for all the folks locked inside while a broke ass bum like me, rode free, and enjoyed the morning.  It was a good day.  Rode 50 miles in a little over 4 hours on a 2nd hand bicycle Yellar gave me.  I am a lucky man
Beautiful August weekend 10590406_10204629203799742_7426549156382721111_n

4Beautiful August weekend Empty Re: Beautiful August weekend 8/10/2014, 9:50 pm

2seaoat

It was a beautiful day to be alive. Nature has all the damn answers and it does not require a bank account to get them.......just the patience to appreciate the gifts we have been given.

5Beautiful August weekend Empty Re: Beautiful August weekend 8/10/2014, 10:05 pm

All that is left of a doctors house after Ivan. All that is left is part of the foundation and the driveway.He and his entire family was very good to my son and I when I worked at the Pensacola country club. It was truly a magnificent house. Sad, but he knew the odds of building on the water. Still a great view. I hope that another hurricane never comes this way and does the damage that Ivan did.

Beautiful August weekend 10606410_10204632819930143_4723067683607739682_n

6Beautiful August weekend Empty Re: Beautiful August weekend 8/10/2014, 10:12 pm

2seaoat

Sometimes the beauty of a barrier island or waterfront does not get a bit more beautiful or appreciated with the building of a house. I have done this too many times to count, and all it really does is distract from the beauty which initially was responsible for the decision to build. Simple pleasures and simple values carry the day, and rarely get swept away by nature..........I stand in awe of the power of nature and realize how utterly insignificant my time has been trying to get the best of nature. I love this song and it will play at my wake because it nails down a basic principle.......pillars of salt and sand.......way too autobiographical......

7Beautiful August weekend Empty Re: Beautiful August weekend 8/11/2014, 9:27 am

2seaoat

It has been particularly nice not to deal with the damage of a Hurricane. It has become almost a decade now since the first of the two successive Hurricanes and I must say I never thought it would be this long. What horrible luck to get two back to back. Now people are just holding their breadth.

8Beautiful August weekend Empty Re: Beautiful August weekend 8/11/2014, 5:04 pm

cool1

cool1

cleaning fence lines and its hot , take a break then go back out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum