This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neko

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 18]

1 Neko on 12/27/2013, 10:49 pm

Please offer your prayers or good thoughts for Neko. When I talked to her before Christmas she had bilateral pneumonia. She is now in critical condition with ARDS. They want to transport her to Shands but she is not stable.

View user profile

2 Re: Neko on 12/27/2013, 10:52 pm

They suspect H1N1swine flu.

View user profile

3 Re: Neko on 12/27/2013, 10:52 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:Please offer your prayers or good thoughts for Neko. When I talked to her before Christmas she had bilateral pneumonia. She is now in critical condition with ARDS. They want to transport her to Shands but she is not stable.

Oh no that's terrible news. She will be in my prayers tonight ....She is such a sweet person.

View user profile

4 Re: Neko on 12/27/2013, 10:53 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:They suspect H1N1swine flu.

There have been a lot of those reported in Texas and Alabama...

View user profile

5 Re: Neko on 12/27/2013, 11:04 pm

oh no. I will be praying for her and also get some help in that endeavor.

6 Re: Neko on 12/27/2013, 11:06 pm

Thank you for the information.  I will certainly keep her in my prayers.

View user profile

7 Re: Neko on 12/27/2013, 11:31 pm

Prayers for Neko. It ain't no fun being in the hospital with pneumonia. I spent 10-days in SHH with the same in December of 2008.

View user profile http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

8 Re: Neko on 12/28/2013, 12:18 am

My prayers are with her.......it is horrible not to be able to breath. This forum is simply not the same without her. T can say what he wants to about flu shots, but please get your flu shot.........there are few things worse than trying to breath.........and not getting it done. Joan....please keep us up to date.

View user profile

9 Re: Neko on 12/28/2013, 12:44 am

2seaoat wrote:My prayers are with her.......it is horrible not to be able to breath.  This forum is simply not the same without her.  T can say what he wants to about flu shots, but please get your flu shot.........there are few things worse than trying to breath.........and not getting it done.   Joan....please keep us up to date.

I will......I'm terribly upset.

View user profile

10 Re: Neko on 12/28/2013, 12:50 am

OMG! What is ARDS? How did she get pneumonia? I am sending her best wishes for a speedy recovery.

11 Re: Neko on 12/28/2013, 12:51 am

2seaoat wrote:My prayers are with her.......it is horrible not to be able to breath.  This forum is simply not the same without her.  T can say what he wants to about flu shots, but please get your flu shot.........there are few things worse than trying to breath.........and not getting it done.   Joan....please keep us up to date.

One of our forum friends is fighting for her life and you want to advertise for big Pharma..you sir have less sense than I ever gave you credit for !

View user profile

12 Re: Neko on 12/28/2013, 1:04 am

Joanimaroni wrote:

I will......I'm terribly upset.

So am I. Are you in touch w/ her husband?

13 Re: Neko on 12/28/2013, 1:08 am

People who have gotten this flu shot this year are not getting sick. I am worried to death because my son has been sick since wed, and it is respiratory. He too did not like the idea of a flu shot, and with swine flu it goes after the healthy folks. Sorry I find it inexcusable for people to discourage flu shots. I pray that some of the reports which are developing in Al, Tx and other places are not as bad as they are beginning to look.

View user profile

14 Re: Neko on 12/28/2013, 1:16 am

I got really sick after a flu shot. I know one lady who is paralyzed after one.

15 Re: Neko on 12/28/2013, 1:26 am

The probabilities are overwhelming that a flu shot protects the individual. I would be foolish to say that there are no side effects, but if a person was afraid to go outside because somebody knew somebody who went outside and was struck by lightening..........life is simple probabilities.........we all can be that person who gets struck by lightening......but most of us go outside without that risk.

View user profile

16 Re: Neko on 12/28/2013, 1:35 am

That is too bad she is so sick. She seems very nice. I hope she gets better.

Seaoat: I hope your son does not have the flu.

View user profile

17 Re: Neko on 12/28/2013, 1:38 am

Dreamsglore wrote:OMG! What is ARDS? How did she get pneumonia? I am sending her best wishes for a speedy recovery.
ARDS is acute respiratory distress syndrome.

Joani, thank you for letting us know.  I'll be thinking about her and checking back for updates.

View user profile

18 Re: Neko on 12/28/2013, 1:40 am

Hoping for a speedy recovery for Neko.
Please let her know we are thinking of her and wishing her well.

View user profile

19 Re: Neko on 12/28/2013, 8:16 am

Best wishes for a speedy recovery . . . . Neko is special and we need her back healthy and participating in the forum. Joani thanks so much for the heads up and keep us informed how she is doing please.

View user profile

20 Re: Neko on 12/28/2013, 9:16 am

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

One of our forum friends is fighting for her life and you want to advertise for big Pharma..you sir have less sense than I ever gave you credit for !

What in the heck are you talking about?  Are you that paranoid?

View user profile

21 Re: Neko on 12/28/2013, 9:20 am

2seaoat wrote:The probabilities are overwhelming that a flu shot protects the individual.   I would be foolish to say that there are no side effects, but if a person was afraid to go outside because somebody knew somebody who went outside and was struck by lightening..........life is simple probabilities.........we all can be that person who gets struck by lightening......but most of us go outside without that risk.

It pains me greatly to agree 100% with 2seaoat.

View user profile

22 Re: Neko on 12/28/2013, 9:46 am

wow I hope ya get better Neko how awful  Wink 

View user profile

23 Re: Neko on 12/28/2013, 9:47 am

Hate hearing that, Joani. Oddly, I have thought of her daily, she really is missed.

Conflicted about her getting to Shands, though, they are the place I'm convinced killed my Dad.

If you talk with her again please let her know how much she is a part of our lives here, that we all miss her and will be praying for her.

View user profile

24 Re: Neko on 12/28/2013, 9:57 am

stormwatch89 wrote:Hate hearing that, Joani.  Oddly, I have thought of her daily, she really is missed.

Conflicted about her getting to Shands, though, they are the place I'm convinced killed my Dad.

If you talk with her again please let her know how much she is a part of our lives here, that we all miss her and will be praying for her.

I have not talked to her since before she was admitted.

View user profile

25 Re: Neko on 12/28/2013, 10:03 am

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on 12/28/2013, 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 18]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum