Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Flu shots good or bad ?..Leave Neko's site for Neko info....

+4
ZVUGKTUBM
RottiesRule
Ghost Rider
TEOTWAWKI
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Arrow

http://www.nvic.org/vaccines-and-diseases/Influenza.aspx

here's the site....

Listen I feel a bit sick using Neko's thread to debate your opinions and mine...so I am starting another thread and let's leave the other one to those that know Neko

I have at least 10 years of data saying is bad

im not alone, is making people sick on purpose

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Some folks have their heads so far up Government butt they believe everything the G-Men fart....

Thalidomide (/θəˈlɪdəmaɪd/; from phthalimido-glutarimide[2]) was released into the market in 1957 in West Germany under the label of Contergan. The German drug company Grünenthal developed and sold the drug Thalidomide. Primarily prescribed as a sedative or hypnotic, thalidomide also claimed to cure “anxiety, insomnia, gastritis, and tension".[3] Afterwards it was used against nausea and to alleviate morning sickness in pregnant women. Thalidomide became an over the counter drug in Germany around 1960, and could be bought without a prescription. Shortly after the drug was sold, in Germany, between 5,000 and 7,000 infants were born with malformation of the limbs (phocomelia). Only 40% of these children survived.

The statistic was given that “50 percent of the mothers with deformed children had taken thalidomide during the first trimester of pregnancy.” Throughout Europe, Australia, and the United States, 10,000 cases were reported of infants with phocomelia; only 50% of the 10,000 survived. Those subjected to thalidomide while in the womb experienced limb deficiencies in a way that the long limbs either were not developed or presented themselves as stumps. Other effects included: deformed eyes, hearts, alimentary, and urinary tracts, and blindness and deafness.[4]

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

I totally agree Teo. As I have told SO, I take a neutral stance on it. It is other peoples business whether they get one or not and who am I to attempt to sway them one way or another. But you are correct, this topic should be debated here instead of the one dedicated to Neko's illness.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Ghost Rider wrote:I totally agree Teo. As I have told SO, I take a neutral stance on it. It is other peoples business whether they get one or not and who am I to attempt to sway them one way or another. But you are correct, this topic should be debated here instead of the one dedicated to Neko's illness.

Thanks you did a good job trying to reason with the forum's bloated ego....

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:I totally agree Teo. As I have told SO, I take a neutral stance on it. It is other peoples business whether they get one or not and who am I to attempt to sway them one way or another. But you are correct, this topic should be debated here instead of the one dedicated to Neko's illness.

Thanks you did a good job trying to reason with the forum's bloated ego....

For some unknown reason his ego thinks that I should take the same stance on the flu shot as he does. It is too bad that he thinks he is always right. If he had just a fraction of the intelligence that most of the posters here do, then he would be someone to reckon with. But for him to say he is always correct and everyone else is wrong just shows that his intelligence is lacking or even non-existent.

RottiesRule

I tend to agree with G.R. on this subject. If it makes you feel better, then by all means get a flu shot.
Personally, I received too many "vaccinations" while in the Army and am leery.
Like G.R., I have never had the flu or a serious cold (nor any childhood diseases). It may be my immune system, good habits or luck. Who knows.
If I get sick it's on me. I do try to be careful during flu season when out in public and watch what I touch and who I am around.
For instance, how many of you use the wipes that are made available in the Grocery stores to wipe your hands and shopping cart?
Practicing good hygiene, healthy meals and exercise have worked for me so far.
My heart goes out to Neko and her family. I really hope she beats this.
Stay Safe.

RottiesRule wrote:I tend to agree with G.R. on this subject. If it makes you feel better, then by all means get a flu shot.
Personally, I received too many "vaccinations" while in the Army and am leery.
Like G.R., I have never had the flu or a serious cold (nor any childhood diseases). It may be my immune system, good habits or luck. Who knows.
If I get sick it's on me. I do try to be careful during flu season when out in public and watch what I touch and who I am around.
For instance, how many of you use the wipes that are made available in the Grocery stores to wipe your hands and shopping cart?
Practicing good hygiene, healthy meals and exercise have worked for me so far.
My heart goes out to Neko and her family. I really hope she beats this.
Stay Safe.

thank you rottie, that was perfect.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Many who died had already been vaccinated
The CDC is intentionally not tracking how many of the dead were previously vaccinated. They want you (and mainstream media journalists) to mistakenly believe that ZERO deaths occurred in those who were vaccinated. But this is blatantly false. Being vaccinated against H1N1 swine flu offers absolutely no reduction in mortality from swine flu infections.

And that means roughly 20% of the 11,160 Americans who died from the swine flu were probably already vaccinated against swine flu. That comes to around 2,200 deaths in people who were vaccinated!

How do I know that swine flu vaccines don't reduce infection mortality? Because I've looked through all the randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trials that have ever been conducted on H1N1 vaccines. It didn't take me very long, because the number of such clinical trials is ZERO.

That's right: There is not a single shred of evidence in existence today that scientifically supports the myth that H1N1 vaccines reduce mortality from H1N1 infections. The best evidence I can find on vaccines that target seasonal flu indicates a maximum mortality reduction effect of somewhere around 1% of those who are vaccinated. The other 99% have the same mortality rate as people who were not vaccinated.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/027956_H1N1_vaccine_CDC.html#ixzz2ophGFpMD

RottiesRule

thank you rottie, that was perfect.[/quote]

LOL...according to Murphy's Law, I will probably now contract the worst case of flu known to mankind. That would be my luck!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I don't do flu shots. Of course, when I was in the Marines, they would line the whole squadron up and make us roll up our sleeves. I would afterward contract the flu for a couple of days. I stopped getting flu shots when my military service was over.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

RottiesRule

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I don't do flu shots. Of course, when I was in the Marines, they would line the whole squadron up and make us roll up our sleeves. I would afterward contract the flu for a couple of days. I stopped getting flu shots when my military service was over.

Something tells me that most Vets feel this way.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Why are you supposed to get the flu shot every year? Weren't our immunizations a once in a lifetime shot, like the polio vaccine?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

QueenOfHearts wrote:Why are you supposed to get the flu shot every year? Weren't our immunizations a once in a lifetime shot, like the polio vaccine?

Supposedly the flu mutates , morphs or more correctly adapts into a different form every year or so as it runs through the population and the barrage of medication Doctors throw at it. The fittest bugs survive and require an altered vaccine for the following year...pretty soon the bug will go super and nothing will slow it down. So as we fight the bug each year we may in fact make it a stronger more deadly virus.
Doctors often give antibiotics to people with a virus which has little effect on the virus but slows the opportunistic attacks of a bacteria. With a body weakened and opened up by a virus a bacteria will slide in and do even greater damage. Unfortunately bacteria have really adapted and are very hard to treat now.

RottiesRule wrote:thank you rottie, that was perfect.

LOL...according to Murphy's Law, I will probably now contract the worst case of flu known to mankind. That would be my luck![/quote]

na, don't say that. Ive been avoiding the flu shots for years. every year when someone in my family or close to me gets really sick with the flu and I ask them had they had the shot 99% of the time they had.

Im like most of yall I wont come out and directly tell someone what they need to do. after all, its their body im prochoice flu shot lol but I will state my opinion on it and I personally over the years know a whole lot o doctors, nurses and other health care professionals who feel the same way. and you know they are trying to FORCE us to have the flu shot now or not be able to work. when really the science isn't behind the flu shot to do that. its big pharma.

cool1

cool1

I never get the shot never have .

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Many who died had already been vaccinated
The CDC is intentionally not tracking how many of the dead were previously vaccinated. They want you (and mainstream media journalists) to mistakenly believe that ZERO deaths occurred in those who were vaccinated. But this is blatantly false. Being vaccinated against H1N1 swine flu offers absolutely no reduction in mortality from swine flu infections.

And that means roughly 20% of the 11,160 Americans who died from the swine flu were probably already vaccinated against swine flu. That comes to around 2,200 deaths in people who were vaccinated!

How do I know that swine flu vaccines don't reduce infection mortality? Because I've looked through all the randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trials that have ever been conducted on H1N1 vaccines. It didn't take me very long, because the number of such clinical trials is ZERO.

That's right: There is not a single shred of evidence in existence today that scientifically supports the myth that H1N1 vaccines reduce mortality from H1N1 infections. The best evidence I can find on vaccines that target seasonal flu indicates a maximum mortality reduction effect of somewhere around 1% of those who are vaccinated. The other 99% have the same mortality rate as people who were not vaccinated.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/027956_H1N1_vaccine_CDC.html#ixzz2ophGFpMD

And that is a little tidbit of vital information that Seaoat so selectively leaves out of all those rants he had last night. He talked about the miracle drug and how it is supposed to prevent the flu, but there are those that get the shot and still die. Reminds me of the HPV shot for teens and pre-teen girls. After a few deaths from it Gardasil was pulled. Seaoat was saying that if the flu shot saves at least one person, it was worth it, well I say that if one death is caused by it, it was not worth it, just ask the loved ones of the deceased

Who is the NVIC from which this video came from?

http://www.nvic.org/

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Chrissy wrote:

Who is the NVIC from which this video came from?

http://www.nvic.org/

Excellent site Chrissy, thanks for posting.

QueenOfHearts wrote:Why are you supposed to get the flu shot every year? Weren't our immunizations a once in a lifetime shot, like the polio vaccine?
There is a different strain of flu every year.  It mutates, usually after doctors have chosen a vaccine against the virus they believe is most likely to be prevalent in any given year.  It's a crap shoot.  The vaccine given in the mid-70's made me very ill, so I refused to get another until this year.  Since I was diagnosed with COPD, I decided to take that extra precaution of getting the vaccine this year.  I also changed jobs so that I have less exposure to the general public. Being germophobic, I also do a lot of hand-washing and hand sanitizers.

BirdyBack wrote:
There is a different strain of flu every year.  It mutates, usually after doctors have chosen a vaccine against the virus they believe is most likely to be prevalent in any given year.  It's a crap shoot.  The vaccine given in the mid-70's made me very ill, so I refused to get another until this year.  Since I was diagnosed with COPD, I decided to take that extra precaution of getting the vaccine this year.  I also changed jobs so that I have less exposure to the general public.  Being germophobic, I also do a lot of hand-washing and hand sanitizers.

Did you have any side effects from it?

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

BirdyBack wrote:
There is a different strain of flu every year.  It mutates, usually after doctors have chosen a vaccine against the virus they believe is most likely to be prevalent in any given year.  It's a crap shoot.  The vaccine given in the mid-70's made me very ill, so I refused to get another until this year.  Since I was diagnosed with COPD, I decided to take that extra precaution of getting the vaccine this year.  I also changed jobs so that I have less exposure to the general public.  Being germophobic, I also do a lot of hand-washing and hand sanitizers.
j

Have they had a flu vaccine since the 70s? I thought it just came out the last 10 years or so. They have a pneumonia shot now too and I think that is yearly as we'll.

I always thought you were supposed to get the vaccines if you were an an at-risk group such as elderly, compromised immune system, etc. My doctor has told me not to get the flu vaccine because of my allergy to eggs. I think these vaccines are egg based or something.

QueenOfHearts wrote:
BirdyBack wrote:
j

Have they had a flu vaccine since the 70s?  I thought it just came out the last 10 years or so.  They have a pneumonia shot now too and I think that is yearly as we'll.

I always thought you were supposed to get the vaccines if you were an an at-risk group such as elderly, compromised immune system, etc.   My doctor has told me not to get the flu vaccine because of my allergy to eggs.  I think these vaccines are egg based or something.

The gov actually "EXPREIMENTED" on people back then. Killed a bunch of people.

matter of a fact, they are EXPERIMENTING on people NOW.

http://www.wellnessresources.com/freedom/articles/the_fdas_peramivir_h1n1_swine_flu_experiment

http://vran.org/in-the-news/swine-flu-vaccine-a-public-health-experiment/

http://www.decodedscience.com/bird-flu-virus-experiment-sparks-controversy-and-a-biosecurity-review/6963

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/controversial-bird-flu-experiments-produced-no-killer-virus-scientists-say/2012/04/03/gIQAFBV7tS_story.html <, dont beleive this one lol

http://www.livescience.com/18551-flu-h5n1-experiments-explained.html

now people are mad that they actually created a more virulent virus H5N1

Some of the world's most eminent scientists have severely criticised the arguments used by some influenza researchers who are trying to make the H5N1 bird-flu virus more dangerous to humans by repeatedly infecting laboratory ferrets.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/untrue-statements-anger-over-work-to-make-h5n1-birdflu-virus-more-dangerous-to-humans-9018666.html

facts are. this is a money scam by big pahrma. I personally dont like to be used i experiments without my consent.

btw... you should watch the video I posted earlier in this thread. Its very informative and by a trusted organization.

knothead

knothead

Vaccination . . . . . . GOOD.

Catching the flu . . . BAD!

It's insurance. I also got the shingles immunization as well . . . .

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Birdy, we may have received the same vaccine back in the mid 70s. I was sooo sick for days....I spiked a fever of 104 degrees two days after I received the vaccination. That is dangerous for an adult.

In about 2003, I decided I would try it again. I was sick for two weeks afterward with a nasty lower respiratory infection.

Although it wasn't the same vaccine, I have to wonder why I became so ill both times I took it. I haven't taken the flu vaccine again since. The only vaccine I have taken was the pertussis vaccination in about 2010, and I must say I haven't had that croupy, debilitating cough for the past three years.

Would I chance the flu vaccinination again if my employer required it? I don't know. Fortunately I have never been in the position to have to make that decision.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum