Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

House GOP calls off vote on immigration bill

+4
dumpcare
knothead
Sal
boards of FL
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/31/politics/congress-immigration/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Just in time for recess!

It's amazing what you can get away with when your base has the collective IQ of an avocado.

Sal

Sal

From Boehner's statement ....

There are numerous steps the president can and should be taking right now, without the need for congressional action, to secure our borders and ensure these children are returned swiftly and safely to their countries.

So now Boehner wants Obama to act without congressional approval?

Isn't that why he's suing the President?

What a joke.

knothead

knothead

Sal wrote:From Boehner's statement ....

There are numerous steps the president can and should be taking right now, without the need for congressional action, to secure our borders and ensure these children are returned swiftly and safely to their countries.

So now Boehner wants Obama to act without congressional approval?

Isn't that why he's suing the President?

What a joke.

Duh . . . Good Point Sal!

What happened to the senate bill?

dumpcare

I didn't think there was a senate bill. All I kept reading about was Cruz and Sessions were swaying the house member's to vote no, screwing Boehner. Boehner wanted it passed but the two senator's did all they could, so it was tabled and then at 3pm (and I haven't seen what happened) they were going to try and get the vote.

While I am against all the illegals just strolling into the U.S. I am very much against our congress fucking around and getting paid. All of them need to go.

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:What happened to the senate bill?

Look it up . . .

knothead wrote:

Look it up . . .

It's kinda funny... it's buried in the articles... each one with the house bill as the headline.

The senate bill for 2.7 Billion was not able to garner enough votes either.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/31/politics/congress-immigration/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Just in time for recess!

It's amazing what you can get away with when your base has the collective IQ of an avocado.

If it isn't going to seal the border, and allows illegal citizens to cut in line, why have it at all?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Stupid move...one in a whole long succession of stupid moves.

House GOP calls off vote on immigration bill Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmizjSSOqHO2E19dOWjltK813xOpgbHitJFdFj1I-DlpnNfzzd

Markle

Markle

Harry Reid won't bring it up for a vote nor would they vote on semi-retired President Barack Hussein Obama's proposed immigration bill.

Sal

Sal

There were those of us who thought that when Eric Cantor was defeated in his primary for re-election that he would leave office without ever telling John Boehner the location of the Mason Jar in which Cantor had buried the Speaker's balls. There were those of us who thought that this would be like one of those adventure novels in which the last man who knows the secret dies unexpectedly without ever having passed it along. There were those of us who thought maybe Dan Brown could one day get a novel out of the search for Boehner's balls. But we needn't have been so concerned. Cantor did his duty to posterity. He passed along the secret of where the Mason Jar is buried. He passed it along to Ted Cruz.

I'm sure that better legislative historians than I can come up with an example from history in which a first-term senator was so easily able to cross the Capitol and undermine a sitting Speaker of the House the way Cruz has for the last couple of years. I can't recall anything like it, though. Working to demonstrate that the House can do something besides provide a home for the mentally infirm, Boehner attempted to put together a bill that would address the situation along our Southern border, at least cosmetically. So he got a bill drafted that was dramatically less than what the president had proposed, and woefully short of what actually is needed, and it looked like it might even pass. And then Ted Cruz came rap-tap-tapping on the chamber door. And quoth the Raver, "Nevermore."

Faced with yet another Cruz-inspired mutiny, Boehner pulled his bill. So now the Congress has no bill to deal with a burgeoning humanitarian crisis at the border. He then gave us a completely pathetic reason why he garroted his own measure. It was the president's fault that Ted Cruz has the Mason Jar now and that Boehner continues to chirp away in a 'nad-less soprano.

Somewhere in the Speaker's Lobby of Purgatory, Uncle Joe Cannon is pounding his head against the wall, Sam Rayburn is reaching for the bourbon again, and Henry Clay is vomiting into a potted plant. The idea that Boehner has any political power at all beyond that which a Texas crackpot allows him to have has now been rendered ludicrous. The Democratic members of the House see it, and so do people on Boehner's side of the aisle who look at him and wonder what day it will be when the Speaker simply turns into a pillar of fine powder and blows away on the breeze.

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/Cruz_Control

Laughing Laughing Laughing

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/31/politics/congress-immigration/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Just in time for recess!

That's just a wee bit disingenuous don't you think? The Senate had the same problem but it's OK since they are a Dem majority, right?

Fact is in the House it's a small group of retarded tea bangers gumming up the works. In the Senate it's a small group of moderate Dem's aligned with R's pointing at the Senate versions high price tag.

So what's the difference except for your hyper-partisan bias? Both sides of the circus in Congress are equally useless.

Gridlock... it's not much... but when I look at the policy results... it's all I've got to hope for.

House GOP calls off vote on immigration bill Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRhUkayvnC9QThFDq4yy7XmvSguRCdm8rkr0xdP7UPBC9bhAiD

I'll settle for gridlock until they wish to discuss true immigration reform.

I believe Seaoat had me up to 90 legal applicants, with half of those coming from SE Asia, to every 1 of the illegals the liberals want to give amnesty.

They just need to compromise with me and take some Pepcid AC.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/user/PepcidBrand?v=xzy7VMdh8rA

Smile 

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:Gridlock... it's not much... but when I look at the policy results... it's all I've got to hope for.

Like you're some authority on the subject. What you're hoping for is stagnation, which is the result of gridlock. You're a blooming idiot.

One of the few things our govt was created to do was secure our borders. It's funny how the govt abdicates the duties it's bound to do... and goes to extremes to take over and do things completely out of it's bounds... like spying on we the people.

Congratulations on the idiot reference... that really hurt coming from you... lol.

2seaoat

I cannot believe the stupidity........the Senate immigration has passed and it includes additional funding for more security on the border. Why bother with anything until the house leadership releases the senate bill on the floor for vote.......I mean I cannot handicap stupidity........why would the senate pass any additional immigration bill when they have one waiting to be signed which provides additional funding for the border......I have been gone for a week and read some of these threads and I want to pray for some inventor to make brain pills because this thread has some incredible conclusions.....stunning. No 

knothead

knothead

Everyone and I mean everyone knows by now the GOP controlled House never had any intention of passing the immigration bill.  Boehner has lost control of his caucus (again) and Cruz seems to have more clout than Mr. Boehner since his recent visit and the bill was pulled only to re-emerge in a form that has no chance of passing whatsoever.  This group has abdicated its responsibility to the people and we, the people, sit on the sideline and watch this Andy Gump sing-a-long . . . . what a shame.  Further, three days ago the House passed a resolution to 'sue' the President for over reaching his authority but today after the House announced they were abandoning passage because of the Cruz invasion Boehner now announced he hoped the President would take action 'on his own' without Congressional approval . . . . you cannot make this shit up! This is ludricrous . . .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum