Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

113th Congress may prove to be the least productive Congress ever

+5
Markle
Wordslinger
2seaoat
knothead
boards of FL
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/07/09/the-113th-congress-is-historically-good-at-not-passing-bills/?tid=rssfeed

113th Congress may prove to be the least productive Congress ever Passed

knothead

knothead

. . . . . and despite the right wing sitting on their hands and fulfilling their legacy of doing nothing our economy continues to improve. Quite amazing actually but depressing while the country could be doing so much better except for politics, optics and the fear of the mid term elections.

2seaoat

The main problem I see is one of work ethic. In 1968 congress was in session for twice as long as today. The systemic cutting back of actual committee and work sessions for congressmen is a direct result of more than half of the time a congressman spends is raising money for reelection.

We need to fix campaign financing. If we do not we will not have congress working to address complex issues, rather the lobbyist will be writing our laws and then writing checks which control the agenda. The corporate form has now been declared capable of speech without impairment which means money can no longer be restricted, and the folks writing the checks do not want their subsidies taken away. They do not want to return the tax rates back to where we had balanced budgets. They do not want Americans to take their country back...........and the most important part......it is not just the Republicans which have been bought and paid for but Democrats are thigh deep in the muck which keeps congress from doing their job.

knothead

knothead

What you say Mr. Oats is all a truism. The GOP, however, is devoted to doing nothing . . . . they live for doing nothing and that is their clear intention . . . do nothing which is the fulfillment of their oath of Omerta once Obama was re elected . . . do nothing to help our people or our economy.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

knothead wrote:What you say Mr. Oats is all a truism.  The GOP, however, is devoted to doing nothing . . . . they live for doing nothing and that is their clear intention . . . do nothing which is the fulfillment of their oath of Omerta once Obama was re elected . . . do nothing to help our people or our economy.

Considering the dismal performance of our republican-dominated congress, will someone please explain to me why they were elected?

Better yet, tell me what they've accomplished that's good for America!

knothead

knothead

Wordslinger wrote:
knothead wrote:What you say Mr. Oats is all a truism.  The GOP, however, is devoted to doing nothing . . . . they live for doing nothing and that is their clear intention . . . do nothing which is the fulfillment of their oath of Omerta once Obama was re elected . . . do nothing to help our people or our economy.

Considering the dismal performance of our republican-dominated congress, will someone please explain to me why they were elected?

That's the sixty four dollar question and I just do not understand who or why would one support the GOP nuts who are, their world, rock stars!

113th Congress may prove to be the least productive Congress ever Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDSJaYEmkJMWPuJLC8PAOzsrH16O3NbMGhxIQZIcBJ-MSgegUOnA

Considering there hasn't been a budget made in years, and how the last shut down went; the president, his staff, and Congress; might as well just go home and approve emergency funding from there for the next couple of years.

Hopefully we'll get lucky and the crisis's will go away if they don't have any oversight and/or funding to take care of them.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbm6GXllBiw

Smile 

Markle

Markle

All that would have to happen is for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid open the flood gates for all the bills sitting on his desk.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:All that would have to happen is for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid open the flood gates for all the bills sitting on his desk.

Another steaming pile of excrement from our resident purveyor of waste products. Specifically, Markle, which bills sitting on Harry Reid's desk are "good for America"?

gatorfan

Wordslinger wrote:

Better yet, tell me what they've accomplished that's good for America![/quote]

I also consider the dismal performance of the Dem controlled Senate. Both houses are equally at fault, without a doubt the most useless bunch I've seen in my life. Obama isn't much better since his strategy has been to lead from behind it's no wonder nothing gets done. Time for all of them to go, at the very least it would be nice if Bonehead Boehner and Ridiculous Reid were sent packing. Get the money out of the campaigns and get some real people in there.

113th Congress may prove to be the least productive Congress ever 524cartoon

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Your claim that "both houses are equally at fault" is a lie.  

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/senate-gops-unprecedented-obstruction-five-charts

http://ourfuture.org/20140529/republican-strategy-obstruct-blame-democrats-for-obstructions-damage

Republican Strategy: Obstruct, Blame Democrats For Obstruction’s Damage
MAY 29, 2014

"Republicans are beginning to harvest the fruits of their obstruction.

The strategy is to set the stage for the election by obstructing everything that could help the economy get better, as well as anything that might make our lives better. They understand that they just will not be held accountable for their obstruction. Then they campaign against Democrats because things are not getting better.

The current example is the Veterans Administration “scandal.” Republicans obstructed every bill to improve the situation for veterans. Then they drummed up a “scandal” based on things not getting better for veterans. Republicans are already running this ad telling Alaskans to vote against Senator Mark Begich because of problems at the VA..."

gatorfan

Floridatexan wrote:Your claim that "both houses are equally at fault" is a lie.  

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/senate-gops-unprecedented-obstruction-five-charts

http://ourfuture.org/20140529/republican-strategy-obstruct-blame-democrats-for-obstructions-damage

Republican Strategy: Obstruct, Blame Democrats For Obstruction’s Damage
MAY 29, 2014

"Republicans are beginning to harvest the fruits of their obstruction.

The strategy is to set the stage for the election by obstructing everything that could help the economy get better, as well as anything that might make our lives better. They understand that they just will not be held accountable for their obstruction. Then they campaign against Democrats because things are not getting better.

The current example is the Veterans Administration “scandal.” Republicans obstructed every bill to improve the situation for veterans. Then they drummed up a “scandal” based on things not getting better for veterans. Republicans are already running this ad telling Alaskans to vote against Senator Mark Begich because of problems at the VA..."

Yep, no partisan agenda there with your biased sources. Or your biased and blind opinions. HILARIOUS!!!!!!!

You can't see both parties are at fault. AMAZING!!!

How old are you anyway - like 3 years old????

"Out of the 195 House-passed bills that are now stalled in the Senate, 31 were written by Democrats, and many have been awaiting Senate approval for close to a year."

Read more: http://thehill.com/homenews/house/200228-house-dems-to-senate-dems-pass-our-bills#ixzz37B3nsIVr

Stalemate is the best poison at this stage... the last thing I want is a galvanizing event that allows a statist solution.

no stress

no stress

2seaoat wrote:The main problem I see is one of work ethic.   In 1968 congress was in session for twice as long as today.   The systemic cutting back of actual committee and work sessions for congressmen is a direct result of more than half of the time a congressman spends is raising money for reelection.

We need to fix campaign financing.  If we do not we will not have congress working to address complex issues, rather the lobbyist will be writing our laws and then writing checks which control the agenda.   The corporate form has now been declared capable of speech without impairment which means money can no longer be restricted, and the folks writing the checks do not want their subsidies taken away.  They do not want to return the tax rates back to where we had balanced budgets.   They do not want Americans to take their country back...........and the most important part......it is not just the Republicans which have been bought and paid for but Democrats are thigh deep in the muck which keeps congress from doing their job.
 cheers cheers cheers 

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:All that would have to happen is for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid open the flood gates for all the bills sitting on his desk.

Another steaming pile of excrement from our resident purveyor of waste products.  Specifically, Markle, which bills sitting on Harry Reid's desk are "good for America"?  

Thanks for your childish show of anger proving I am 100% correct. I consider it comforting.

Why is Harry Reid afraid to bring them up for a vote? He knows he could not count on his Democrats to vote against such good, logical bills.

113th Congress may prove to be the least productive Congress ever Socratestoo

2seaoat

Give an example. The senate passed the mmigration bill, and the consensus is that if the house voted on it, it would pass. Name one bill that would pass in the senate, and get by a Presidential veto that Harry Reid is stitting on.....you cannot do it and I gave you an example in two minutes....no cut or paste

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:

These are from your good friend Othershoe1030, all of which produce jobs.

"...and reality has a well-known liberal bias." Stephen Colbert
A couple of months ago a heard that claim about 28 "jobs bills" and looked them up, here was my summary:

18 of them reduce or eliminate government regulations in nearly every business sector, especially of energy and pollution

6 give more tax breaks to the same big businesses that are sitting on record profits and not hiring people right now.

One is an anti-union bill.

Another makes it even easier to bring foreign high tech workers into the country to replace American workers at lower wages.

One eliminates imaginary regulations against "farm dust".

And one is the Paul Ryan budget that lays out a 'Path to Prosperity' that includes massive layoffs and gutting social programs.

2seaoat

Which of those bills would pass the senate, or get by a presidential veto? Whereas house leadership is holding back the immigration bill because it would pass.

So... the senate and potus being as far left easily as lbj... maybe even fdr... won't pass the house bills. That's ok w you.

But lord forbid the pub held house doesn't pass the senate bills or the progressive agenda of obama... and we have sedition.

You suck at fair play.

It's been the leftists way or the highway... remember the first two years? "sit in the back of the bus and shut up".

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:So... the senate and potus being as far left easily as lbj... maybe even fdr... 

Bwaaaaaaahahahahahahaha .....

This POTUS and the vast majority of the Democrats in this Congress are to the right of Reagan. 

Put the crack pipe down and step slowly away from your keyboard. 

2seaoat

No, my problem is not that the democrats and republicans cannot get a bill passed because of political differences, my beef is when a bill is good for America and it can pass if allowed to go to a vote, and the orange guy will not release it to the floor......republicans and democrats support the bill........that in my opinion is not looking out for this nation's best interest.

Brought to you by the people that gave us the ndaa and obamacaid?

No thanks... I know bullshit and try not to step in it... much less wallow around in it and proclaim it a gift from govt.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

These are from your good friend Othershoe1030, all of which produce jobs.

"...and reality has a well-known liberal bias." Stephen Colbert
A couple of months ago a heard that claim about 28 "jobs bills" and looked them up, here was my summary:

18 of them reduce or eliminate government regulations in nearly every business sector, especially of energy and pollution

6 give more tax breaks to the same big businesses that are sitting on record profits and not hiring people right now.

One is an anti-union bill.

Another makes it even easier to bring foreign high tech workers into the country to replace American workers at lower wages.

One eliminates imaginary regulations against "farm dust".

And one is the Paul Ryan budget that lays out a 'Path to Prosperity' that includes massive layoffs and gutting social programs.

You are incorrect. That was my post. It illustrates that the GOP doesn't have a single bill anywhere that might improve the unemployment situation, veterans' issues, income inequality, infrastructure, or anything else that might help the people of the US. The sole goal of the GOP since President Obama took the White House has been to destroy his presidency...any way, any how. It's completely obvious, and more so by the day...complete and utter desperation...that leads people to do things they might regret later...like you.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

gatorfan wrote:

I also consider the dismal performance of the Dem controlled Senate. Both houses are equally at fault, without a doubt the most useless bunch I've seen in my life. Obama isn't much better since his strategy has been to lead from behind it's no wonder nothing gets done. Time for all of them to go, at the very least it would be nice if Bonehead Boehner and Ridiculous Reid were sent packing. Get the money out of the campaigns and get some real people in there.

113th Congress may prove to be the least productive Congress ever 524cartoon[/quote]

You have my support --- run and I'll vote for you!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum