Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Since liberals want a nanny state here are five things employers should provide for their employees before birth control

+4
Sal
Joanimaroni
othershoe1030
TEOTWAWKI
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Othershoe,

Condense your rant and at least have a train of thought that isn't all over the place.

I know Godly values are not the things that Democrats look for in their lives or politics because it requires a conscience. Dems only care about whatever splinter group they can bring into their fold to stay in power. If it means selling out to a cause that is sinister or immoral they could care less. If it means having the middle class pay more taxes to care for the illegals they let into the nation, so be it. Just tax more every time right? It's bad enough that 1.9 trillion in taxes were collected last year and the Dems still cannot balance or pass a budget. Yeah, even when the Dems had a total control of the government they could not pass a budget. How hard is that?

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Othershoe,

Condense your rant and at least have a train of thought that isn't all over the place.

I know Godly values are not the things that Democrats look for in their lives or politics because it requires a conscience. Dems only care about whatever splinter group they can bring into their  fold to stay in power. If it means selling out to a cause that is sinister or immoral they could care less. If it means having the middle class pay more taxes to care for the illegals they let into the nation, so be it. Just tax more every time right? It's bad enough that 1.9 trillion in taxes were collected last year and the Dems still cannot balance or pass a budget. Yeah, even when the Dems had a total control of the government they could not pass a budget. How hard is that?

There is a core of voters who will always vote for Republicans. They have bought in to the sales pitch of the R's and look no further. Pacedogs posts are a perfect example of knee jerk uninformed thinking.

The Republicans have convinced their base that Democrats have no morals so there is no use in looking into what the party really stands for or has done for the working class and not so well off among us. So be it. It is a simple ploy and it works so you will keep doing it.

Of course it is not true but that is beside the point.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I know Godly values are not the things that Democrats look for in their lives or politics because it requires a conscience. Dems only care about whatever splinter group they can bring into their  fold to stay in power. If it means selling out to a cause that is sinister or immoral they could care less. If it means having the middle class pay more taxes to care for the illegals they let into the nation, so be it. Just tax more every time right? It's bad enough that 1.9 trillion in taxes were collected last year and the Dems still cannot balance or pass a budget. Yeah, even when the Dems had a total control of the government they could not pass a budget. How hard is that?

You don't have a God-blessed clue what Dems believe. You only look for sources that reinforce your hatred and bigotry. You're the worst excuse for a Christian I've probably ever seen.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Code:
othershoe1030 wrote:

There is a core of voters who will always vote for Republicans. They have bought in to the sales pitch of the R's and look no further. Pacedogs posts are a perfect example of knee jerk uninformed thinking.

The Republicans have convinced their base that Democrats have no morals so there is no use in looking into what the party really stands for or has done for the working class and not so well off among us. So be it. It is a simple ploy and it works so you will keep doing it.

And there are many Democrats that do the same.....many of whom only voted for Obama because of his color.

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:In your mind apparently you think liberals want a nanny state. This is absolutely not true. All we want is a level playing field where people without a lot of money and power have a reasonable and proportional say in how their government functions.

You know, sort of the reverse of the present day golden rule of 'he who has the gold rules', which is unfortunately what we have now.

The basic notion of the nanny state is just a smoke screen put out by the special interests to keep unthinking "conservatives" from noticing they too are getting screwed by the current tax code and various other regulatory loopholes created with the help of ALEC etc.

It is working well for the time being, Romney signs went up in the yards of trailers but sooner or later the 98% will get tired of the government only working for the benefit of Wall Street and CEO's and perhaps they will get themselves to the polls and throw some of these corporate shills out.

All liberals want a nanny state and a government that makes everyone conform to their mindset. Sorry, but the Constitution protects us from that government overreach and we are now seeing the SCOTUS take back from a man who thinks he is king.

Curious, what makes you an expert or in anyway whatsoever a person who knows what liberals want? You could no more give a true liberal viewpoint on a topic than I could come up with some of the outrageous comments of Limbaugh. Please do't tell me what liberals believe or want, you just never get it right.

Show us all a grand example of where Progressives DO NOT want or have voted against anything providing free benefits, i.e. a nanny state.

knothead

knothead

Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

And there are many Democrats that do the same.....many of whom only  voted for Obama because of his color.

Absolutely true, however, far more voted against him because of the same reason joan. You could not rebut the valid points made by OS. Why? Because they invalidate the core beliefs of the GOP of which you are a proud cheerleader which is a choice. Like OS said, it is a simple ploy, it works and you will continue to keep doing it.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:In your mind apparently you think liberals want a nanny state. This is absolutely not true. All we want is a level playing field where people without a lot of money and power have a reasonable and proportional say in how their government functions.

You know, sort of the reverse of the present day golden rule of 'he who has the gold rules', which is unfortunately what we have now.

The basic notion of the nanny state is just a smoke screen put out by the special interests to keep unthinking "conservatives" from noticing they too are getting screwed by the current tax code and various other regulatory loopholes created with the help of ALEC etc.

It is working well for the time being, Romney signs went up in the yards of trailers but sooner or later the 98% will get tired of the government only working for the benefit of Wall Street and CEO's and perhaps they will get themselves to the polls and throw some of these corporate shills out.

All liberals want a nanny state and a government that makes everyone conform to their mindset. Sorry, but the Constitution protects us from that government overreach and we are now seeing the SCOTUS take back from a man who thinks he is king.

Curious, what makes you an expert or in anyway whatsoever a person who knows what liberals want? You could no more give a true liberal viewpoint on a topic than I could come up with some of the outrageous comments of Limbaugh. Please do't tell me what liberals believe or want, you just never get it right.

Show us all a grand example of where Progressives DO NOT want or have voted against anything providing free benefits, i.e. a nanny state.

Better yet, why don't you show us all a grand example of where Republicans have voted in favor of anything that has not benefited big business, the financial sector, agribusiness or the military industrial complex, extraction industries, etc.?

Your question is basically un-answerable because it is misstated. The country has determined that there is a basic level of poverty that won't be tolerated so programs are set up to help people in such circumstances. I guess you would call that a give away, some would just call it basic human decency.

Do you really need any examples beyond what obama has done for banks, wall st, corps... during this recovery?

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:
Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Better yet, why don't you show us all a grand example of where Republicans have voted in favor of anything that has not benefited big business, the financial sector, agribusiness or the military industrial complex, extraction industries, etc.?

Your question is basically un-answerable because it is misstated. The country has determined that there is a basic level of poverty that won't be tolerated so programs are set up to help people in such circumstances. I guess you would call that a give away, some would just call it basic human decency.

Better yet, you proved you can't think of anything.

THANKS! Of course we already knew the answer.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

knothead wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

And there are many Democrats that do the same.....many of whom only  voted for Obama because of his color.

Absolutely true, however, far more voted against him because of the same reason joan.  You could not rebut the valid points made by OS. Why? Because they invalidate the core beliefs of the GOP of which you are a proud cheerleader which is a choice.  Like OS said, it is a simple ploy, it works and you will continue to keep doing it.

Oh please.....like I said, it works both ways. Many do not look beyond the D or R.

othershoe1030 wrote:
Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Since liberals want a nanny state here are five things employers should provide for their employees before birth control - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvFiVcg71SddcZ-El6G91hUyq2RIqCjZPXz0xPaNjGjc3VGQKY

Better yet, why don't you show us all a grand example of where Democrats have voted in favor of anything that has not benefited big business, the financial sector, etc...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1s47L8DrJ0

Smile 

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Better yet, you proved you can't think of anything.

THANKS!  Of course we already knew the answer.

What a totally lame response! (even for you).
You ask a question that is based on the belief that when the government does anything to assist, protect or benefit people other than the 1% it must be a giveaway.

I think it is a good thing when the government, of, for and by the people passes legislation that benefits "the people" the real humans, rather than the non-human corporations and the other greedy interest groups I listed earlier. Why don't you help us all out and list or give at least a few examples of programs passed largely by the Democrats that you consider to be on this list of free giveaways. Maybe we can talk about that, you know, a concrete example rather than a shotgun catch phrase like 'nanny state' a free giveaways'.

I think you would be very hard pressed indeed to "show us all a grand example" of Republicans actually voting for things that benefit the people.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:Do you really need any examples beyond what obama has done for banks, wall st, corps... during this recovery?

The bailout of the banks was completely and totally a product of the George W Bush administration, from the costs of war to the deregulation of every possible roadblock to complete chaos and exploitation of the MIC. Why is this eluding you? The entire thing was done in September and October of 2008, months before Obama took office. You really need to start there and work your way forward, or you'll never understand it.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Do you really need any examples beyond what obama has done for banks, wall st, corps... during this recovery?

The bailout of the banks was completely and totally a product of the George W Bush administration, from the costs of war to the deregulation of every possible roadblock to complete chaos and exploitation of the MIC.  Why is this eluding you?  The entire thing was done in September and October of 2008, months before Obama took office.  You really need to start there and work your way forward, or you'll never understand it.

You're just too easy.

As you well know, part of the TARP funds were expended during the last month of the Bush Administration. He also signed legislation that would make AVAILABLE the remainder of the funds to the administration of President Barack Hussein Obama.

On February 10, 2009, the newly confirmed Secretary of the Treasury Timothy Geithner outlined his plan to use the remaining $300 billion or so in TARP funds. Tim Geithner...well known tax cheat.

The money was paid back with interest.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

So, Markle, we're waiting to read the list of bills passed by the Republicans lately that have benefited the working poor or middle class folks.Did they vote to expand veterans' benefits or vote for equal pay for women? Just wondering.

Floridatexan wrote:

The bailout of the banks was completely and totally a product of the George W Bush administration, from the costs of war to the deregulation of every possible roadblock to complete chaos and exploitation of the MIC.  Why is this eluding you?  The entire thing was done in September and October of 2008, months before Obama took office.  You really need to start there and work your way forward, or you'll never understand it.

Since liberals want a nanny state here are five things employers should provide for their employees before birth control - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_qcMxpjjuLTSt3XEBouZqmbu2qzmx0WdCruFYKElDnG90mQjt

Actually it would be the progressively liberal Democratic Congressional majority that came up with the 'To Big To Fail' list...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqHomvmB3ow

...and reason for bailing out the banks.

The progressively liberal Democratic Congress wanted the bailout and got it.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHzoKwTzEuU

Smile 

othershoe1030 wrote:So, Markle, we're waiting to read the list of bills passed by the Republicans lately that have benefited the working poor or middle class folks.Did they vote to expand veterans' benefits or vote for equal pay for women? Just wondering.

Since liberals want a nanny state here are five things employers should provide for their employees before birth control - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTS6dn__5hRuwk51A3b4hDlKMNtNdeBvxF-dCEF8Mwxho-e7gSKkA

So what you're saying is you can't give an example of what the progressively liberal Democrats have done either... Because it sure as heck didn't include health care for people considering the number of exemptions big business was given for participation that were attached to the grandiose health care bill that the Democratic Congress passed.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwSZvHqf9qM

Smile

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:
Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Hey, come on, man up.  I asked the question.  Answering a question with a question is NOT an answer.  One of your comrades here answered your question for me.  Actually...that "comrade" was YOU. How cool.

You simply are incapable. Who knew?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

All laid out in his path by his predecessor. Remember when McCain went to Washington to settle the score, taking time out from his campaign, only to find that no one was listening to him? A lot like you.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

What I said was that you asked a non-question meaning you assume any legislation that benefits the people of the middle and working class to be a "give-away". I see such legislation as being an example of the government actually working for the people. Here is a starter list from the 111th Congress.

The source of this information is the US Senate website before Markle falls out of his tree over the origin of this data.

We've been hearing that we have a "do nothing" Congress from the GOP for some time now (even as they have tried to obstruct most of the legislation passed).

Despite our disappointments, Democrats in the Congress and Obama have actually achieved quite a bit of change since 2008!

Below is a list of the 43 major laws passed so far in 2009-10 (excluding resolutions, appropriations bills and minor bills renaming post offices, etc.).

In just two years, we began health care reform, started an overhaul of the finance sector (credit cards, derivatives, banks), expanded FDA oversight to include tobacco, took back our national parks from mining and forestry, passed the first Iran sanctions since 2003 (Bush and Cheney opposed expanding Iran sanctions) and implemented programs to stimulate the economy and save jobs. We have more work to do, but that's a great deal to be proud of!

Did we get everything we had hoped? No, of course not with only 55 reliable Senate votes and a GOP that used the Filibuster more than any time in history.

I want us to do more to help our economy, fix health care and hold people accountable.

We've made a decent start, and if we don't get out there, we could lose much of what we have gained and lose our ability to improve on what we've started.

Don't let anyone take that progress away.

CONGRESS MAJOR BILLS PASSED
111th (Dem House/Dem Senate/Dem Pres.) 43 (with four months left)
110th (Dem House/Dem Senate/GOP Pres.) 30
109th (GOP House/GOP Senate/GOP Pres.) 45

Public Laws, 111th Congress (selected)
Banking and financial services regulation package H.R.4173 P.L.111-203
Cash for clunkers H.R.2346 Title XIII, P.L.111-32
Cash for clunkers, supplemental appropriations H.R.3435 P.L.111-47
COBRA, extend benefits period; extend termination date eligibility to Feb. 28, 2010 H.R.3326 Div. B, P.L.111-118
COBRA, extend benefits period; extend termination date of eligibility to Mar. 31, 2010 H.R.4691 Sec. 3, P.L.111-144
COBRA, extend benefits period; extend termination date of eligibility to May 31, 2010 H.R.4851 Sec. 3, P.L.111-157
Congressional pay raise, none for 2010 H.R.1105 Div. J, P.L.111-8
Congressional pay raise, none for 2011 H.R.5146 P.L.111-165
Credit card regulations, tighten H.R.627 P.L.111-24
Debt limit, increase to 12.394 trillion H.R.4314 P.L.111-123
Debt limit, increase to 14.294 trillion H.J.Res.45 P.L.111-139
Deepwater Horizon oil spill, authorize advances from Oil Spill Liability Trust Fund
(For additional oil spill legislation, see: Oil spills, liability and costs) S.3473 P.L.111-191
Derivatives, government regulation of over-the-counter markets H.R.4173 Title VII, P.L.111-203
Digital TV, delay transition until June 12 S.352 P.L.111-4
Economic Stimulus H.R.1 P.L.111-5
Executive compensation, expand regulatory oversight H.R.4173 Title IX, P.L.111-203
Haiti, accelerate income tax benefits H.R.4462 P.L.111-126
Haiti, debt relief H.R.4573 P.L.111-158
Haiti, increase emergency aid available to Americans returning after earthquake S.2949 P.L.111-127
Hate crimes, expand federal definition to include gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and disability H.R.2647 Div. E, P.L.111-84
Health care reform
(Also included in: Reconciliation Act) H.R.3590 P.L.111-148
Homebuyer tax credit, extend and modify H.R.3548 Sec. 11-13, P.L.111-92
Homebuyer tax credit, extend through Sept. 30, 2010 H.R.5623 P.L.111-198
Iran, broad range of sanctions and penalties H.R.2194 P.L.111-195
Jobs package H.R.2847 P.L.111-147
Lands bill, omnibus H.R.146 P.L.111-11
Medicare "doc fix", through Mar. 31, 2010 H.R.4691 Sec. 5, P.L.111-144
Medicare "doc fix", through May 31, 2010 H.R.4851 Sec. 4, P.L.111-157
Medicare "doc fix", through Nov. 30, 2010 H.R.3962 P.L.111-192
Mortgages, allow bankruptcy judges to modify terms S.896 P.L.111-22
National service, expand programs H.R.1388 P.L.111-13
PATRIOT Act, extend certain provisions H.R.3961 P.L.111-141
Reconciliation Act
(SEE ALSO: Health care reform) H.R.4872 P.L.111-152
Student aid, modify loan programs
(Included in: Reconciliation Act) H.R.4872 Title II, P.L.111-152
Tobacco, give FDA the authority to regulate H.R.1256 P.L.111-31
Unemployment benefits, extend H.R.3548 P.L.111-92
Unemployment benefits, extend to Feb. 28, 2010 H.R.3326 Div. B, P.L.111-118
Unemployment benefits, extend to Apr. 05, 2010 H.R.4691 Sec. 2, P.L.111-144
Unemployment benefits, extend to Jun. 02, 2010 H.R.4851 P.L.111-157
Unemployment benefits, extend to Nov. 30, 2010 H.R.4213 P.L.111-205
source: US Senate website

first published by Andrew Lachman-California Democratic Party-Democratic National Committeeman

Posted on 12 Aug 2010, 15:23 - Category: U.S. Congress

Privacy Policy
Campaign Website by Online Candidate

http://www.ofdw.org/blog/?viewDetailed=00000

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum