Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New poll by NBC suggests that only the liberals on the Pensacola Discussion Forum (nothing is off limits. lol) approve of President Obama's job performance.

+4
TEOTWAWKI
Joanimaroni
Sal
no stress
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

2seaoat

flushed all the gains down the toilet.

Please enumerate those gains. An occupation of a nation where we lose our blood and wealth must be factored against the illusory gains you banter about. There never was a gain for America after three weeks of military success and ten years of failed occupation. It has caused irreparable harm on the Iraqi people, but I wait to hear about this gains.

no stress

no stress

Dreamsglore wrote:We all know you are an unbiased observer,Gunz so your "facts' are relevant. LOL!
Unbiased my ass!  I hate all politicians!  Sons of bitches are good for nothing.    All you ever read about is how they are either getting caught doing something unethical or they have proposed a new freakin tax.    Just read where the Senate is proposing a 12 cent increase on gasoline and an 18 cent increase on diesel federal fuel tax so yeah fuck all of em.   You on the other hand are typical of all that is wrong with this country.  freaking brainwashed liberal, couldn't see any wrong doing on your parties side.  Hell, I bet if one em knocked up your daughter you'd welcome the bastard child with open arms.   Get off my nuts dreams with your crazy talk!!.....on edit, you aren't as bad as FLTX and some of the others on here who are so lockstep with their respective parties that if they slammed on breaks someone nose would be up the ass of their party.    Im all for doing away with the party system and we all just be Americans with differing opinions.  That way when you see that political add on TV you will have to judge the person and not just look at "paid for by the dem, rep,etc" party and vote for them because they belong to your team.  Never happen tho.

Last edited by Gunz on 6/18/2014, 5:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

2seaoat

The Gas tax proposed in the Senate is way overdue. First, it should be about a forty cent a gallon increase. Second, as we Americans improve our roads and infrastructure with those dollars, we cause people to choose ample American made high fuel efficient cars which further strengthens the dollar.

The winner in the world which is evolving is the nation with the most efficient energy systems. We currently consume 25% of the world's energy and this is our achilles heel. The gas tax will allow our roads to be maintained as the more efficient and electric cars force down our highway funds. This is smart and in the best interest of all Americans long term.

no stress

no stress

2seaoat wrote:The Gas tax proposed in the Senate is way overdue.   First, it should be about a forty cent a gallon increase.   Second, as we Americans improve our roads and infrastructure with those dollars, we cause people to choose ample American made high fuel efficient cars which further strengthens the dollar.

The winner in the world which is evolving is the nation with the most efficient energy systems.   We currently consume 25% of the world's energy and this is our achilles heel.   The gas tax will allow our roads to be maintained as the more efficient and electric cars force down our highway funds.   This is smart and in the best interest of all Americans long term.
Youre crazy as a fuckin runt over dog seaoat! The people cant afford it. I realize that you are well to do but the majority of this country is having a hard time eating right now.

2seaoat

Youre crazy as a fuckin runt over dog seaoat! The people cant afford it. I realize that you are well to do but the majority of this country is having a hard time eating right now.

I am not crazy. First, a forty cent increase should be implemented over five years with 8% increases each year. I drive a chevy 1 ton dump, which I let sit most of the time and choose the prius for things I used to drive the truck. When I get 8mpg in the truck and an average of 46mpg in the Prius, I cannot afford to drive the gas guzzler except for hauling. These choices will force people to buy more energy efficient vehicles. One of my friends who is an Obama hater got a Volt last year. He went three months before he put a drop of gas in his car. Now the highway fund is not getting the same revenue flow from vehicles as our fleet averages go up. The gas tax must go up as the consumption goes down.

Also, people not affording driving is a real world consideration as the comparative advantages of our monopoly on manufacturing post WWII has lead to many people with two or three cars in the family instead of one which was the average family car count after the war. My wife and I shared one car our first year of marriage, and those type of sacrifices will be required as this nation evolves to a self sufficient energy producer. Long term the only way anybody will afford driving will be the required sacrifice now.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Seaoat you have very little concern for the poor working and poor retired...They can't go buy a Prius they are driving old cars and trucks that they can barely afford...those that cash for clunkers didn't destroy back when. Their cars are getting <15 mpg and just get them to work and back ...Any increase in gas hurts them substantially. Gunz is right as usual. "Let them eat cake" seaoat has spoken...

no stress

no stress

2seaoat wrote:Youre crazy as a fuckin runt over dog seaoat! The people cant afford it. I realize that you are well to do but the majority of this country is having a hard time eating right now.

I am not crazy.  First, a forty cent increase should be implemented over five years with 8% increases each year.  I drive a chevy 1 ton dump, which I let sit most of the time and choose the prius for things I used to drive the truck.  When I get 8mpg in the truck and an average of 46mpg in the Prius, I cannot afford to drive the gas guzzler except for hauling.   These choices will force people to buy more energy efficient vehicles.   One of my friends who is an Obama hater got a Volt last year.  He went three months before he put a drop of gas in his car.  Now the highway fund is not getting the same revenue flow from vehicles as our fleet averages go up.   The gas tax must go up as the consumption goes down.

Also, people not affording driving is a real world consideration as the comparative advantages of our monopoly on manufacturing post WWII has lead to many people with two or three cars in the family instead of one which was the average family car count after the war.  My wife and I shared one car our first year of marriage, and those type of sacrifices will be required as this nation evolves to a self sufficient energy producer.  Long term the only way anybody will afford driving will be the required sacrifice now.
Oats, I hear you but surely you realize that for many people the prius will not fit their driving needs. Take me for instance, in order for me to haul two search and rescue dogs to a mission I must have a vehicle large enough to accommodate two crates. When I had my handy man business up and running I had to use a long bed pickup truck for materials. They will never make a prius that will pull an 8 thousand pound salt water boat etc. The Prius has its advantages but it has a cult following and is promoted to a niche audience.

no stress

no stress

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Seaoat you have very little concern for the poor working and poor retired...They can't go buy a Prius they are driving old cars and trucks that they can barely afford...those that cash for clunkers didn't destroy back when. Their cars are getting <15 mpg and just get them to work and back ...Any increase in gas hurts them substantially. Gunz is right as usual. "Let them eat cake" seaoat has spoken...
Those Geos that got 50 mpgs like ichy drives were all run though the compactor so we could save the auto industry.

no stress

no stress

Wholesale Prices in U.S. Rise on Services as Goods Stagnate

By Lorraine Woellert Apr 11, 2014 9:07 AM CT
11 Comments Email Print

t Facebook
a Twitter
s Google+
r LinkedIn

Save

Photographer: Craig Warga/Bloomberg

Rising prices at clothing and jewelry retailers and food wholesalers accounted for much... Read More

Wholesale prices in the U.S. rose in March as the cost of services climbed by the most in four years while commodities stagnated.

The 0.5 percent advance in the producer-price index was the biggest since June and followed a 0.1 percent decrease the prior month, the Labor Department reported today in Washington. The recent inclusion of services may contribute to the gauge’s volatility from month-to-month, which will make it more difficult to determine underlying trends.

Rising prices at clothing and jewelry retailers and food wholesalers accounted for much of the jump in services, even as energy costs retreated, signaling slowing growth in emerging markets such as China will keep price pressures muted. With inflation running well below the Federal Reserve’s goal, the central bank is likely to keep borrowing costs low in an effort to spur growth.

“Every six months or so service prices seem to pop, but over the year, service prices tend to dampen inflation more often than not,” Jay Morelock, an economist at FTN Financial in New York, wrote in a note. “One month of price gains is not indicative of a trend.”

2seaoat

The higher gas tax or a terrorist act in the Gulf which cuts off Middle East oil for 6 months will have an even more devastating effect on those people you are concerned about. If we had been following a sound policy of increasing the gas tax for the last 20 years we would have vibrant private sector employment, positive balance of trade, and an absolute huge stick which we could speak softly and quit sending our children and our wealth down rabbit holes in the middle east.

The truth is that subsidized low cost gasoline has cause poor choices for this nation which makes our export and manufactured goods less competitive. Again, are two cars a necessity in most families. We have three for two people. It is wasteful and far from efficient. Also, Natural gas will be fueling our trucks and heavy equipment. I am seeing lawn mowers, semis, and the propane delivery truck fueled by our ample supply of natural gas. As we go to electric and alternative fuels......how do you propose we fix our roads? This is not a matter about poor people not affording gas, it is about the entire collapse of this nation because we do not engage our brains.

2seaoat

Inflation is at 2%. It is hardly a concern when we can barely sustain 2-3% GDP growth. The truth is that not raising the gas tax hurts the poor most in this country. Investments in infrastructure create private jobs and those jobs feed higher GDP which pays down are debt faster and allows stable capital markets. During WWII the collective rationed gas, meat , and other commodities for this nation, but now my muscle car in the garage getting 8mpg or my dump getting the same is going to be an expensive choice. The key word here is choice. Middle East dependency on oil has cost this country 5 trillion dollars and thousands of American lives. It is time to use our brains.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yes use our brains..if we wish hard enough we can all ride flying unicorns...just imagine !

If you're in trouble, or hurt or need - go to the poor people. They're the only ones that'll help - the only ones.
John Steinbeck

no stress

no stress

2seaoat wrote:The higher gas tax or a terrorist act in the Gulf which cuts off Middle East oil for 6 months will have an even more devastating effect on those people you are concerned about.   If we had been following a sound policy of increasing the gas tax for the last 20 years we would have vibrant private sector employment, positive balance of trade, and an absolute huge stick which we could speak softly and quit sending our children and our wealth down rabbit holes in the middle east.

The truth is that subsidized low cost gasoline has cause poor choices for this nation which makes our export and manufactured goods less competitive.  Again, are two cars a necessity in most families.   We have three for two people.   It is wasteful and far from efficient.   Also, Natural gas will be fueling our trucks and heavy equipment.   I am seeing lawn mowers, semis, and the propane delivery truck fueled by our ample supply of natural gas.   As we go to electric and alternative fuels......how do you propose we fix our roads?  This is not a matter about poor people not affording gas, it is about the entire collapse of this nation because we do not engage our brains.
Let me just turn this around and say that if we had been fixing our roads for the last twenty years instead of your federal government pissing away taxes on useless pork projects then a gas tax now would not be needed. I am for giving a government who has proven itself to be incompetent, inept and corrupt absolutely no more extra taxes. They award bids without RFPs scratching the backs of campaign donors.....the whole lot of em make me want to puke extorting money from me with the threat of caging me. What happened to you Seaoat? Who broke your spine?

Gunz wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:We all know you are an unbiased observer,Gunz so your "facts' are relevant. LOL!
Unbiased my ass!  I hate all politicians!  Sons of bitches are good for nothing.    All you ever read about is how they are either getting caught doing something unethical or they have proposed a new freakin tax.    Just read where the Senate is proposing a 12 cent increase on gasoline and an 18 cent increase on diesel federal fuel tax so yeah fuck all of em.   You on the other hand are typical of all that is wrong with this country.  freaking brainwashed liberal, couldn't see any wrong doing on your parties side.  Hell, I bet if one em knocked up your daughter you'd welcome the bastard child with open arms.   Get off my nuts dreams with your crazy talk!!.....on edit, you aren't as bad as FLTX and some of the others on here who are so lockstep with their respective parties that if they slammed on breaks someone nose would be up the ass of their party.    Im all for doing away with the party system and we all just be Americans with differing opinions.  That way when you see that political add on TV you will have to judge the person and not just look at "paid for by the dem, rep,etc" party and vote for them because they belong to your team.  Never happen tho.

You right, I would welcome the child w/ open arms. I would never hold an innocent child responsible for anything and it would be half of my child's. Difference between me and you. I don't ever see you criticizing the repugs so you are a biased entity, no doubt. However, I may be liberal in most of my views but I call out corrupt politicians on both sides.You don't... so don't kid yourself as to who you are.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Seaoat you have very little concern for the poor working and poor retired...They can't go buy a Prius they are driving old cars and trucks that they can barely afford...those that cash for clunkers didn't destroy back when. Their cars are getting <15 mpg and just get them to work and back ...Any increase in gas hurts them substantially. Gunz is right as usual. "Let them eat cake" seaoat has spoken...

There's more than one limousine liberal here.

and Gunz... LOL at this topic name. I swear to god when im out talking to people during the day I do not see happy little liberals anymore. Very few. And every time I see a Obama bumper sticker which is rare, I take a look and the person always looks like some disheveled whacko talking to their cat while driving down the road.

no stress

no stress

Dreamsglore wrote:
Gunz wrote:

You right, I would welcome the child w/ open arms. I would never hold an innocent child responsible for anything and it would be half of my child's. Difference between me and you. I don't ever see you criticizing the repugs so you are a biased entity, no doubt. However, I may be liberal in most of my views but I call out corrupt politicians on both sides.You don't... so don't kid yourself as to who you are.
Missed my point entirely....as expected

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dreamsglore wrote:
Gunz wrote:

Good I will have all the abortions stopped and all those innocent children sent to your open arms...

no stress

no stress

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Gunz wrote:

Good I will have all the abortions stopped and all those innocent children sent to your open arms...
Nice!! cheers cheers cheers cheers 

no stress

no stress

Ti wrote:

and Gunz... LOL at this topic name. I swear to god when im out talking to people during the day I do not see happy little liberals anymore. Very few. And every time I see a Obama bumper sticker which is rare, I take a look and the person always looks like some disheveled whacko talking to their cat while driving down the road.
And toe funk...don't forget ole nasty toe funk. lol

Gunz wrote:
Ti wrote:

And toe funk...don't forget ole nasty toe funk. lol

ewww  No 

I was trying to forget, thanks.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Ti wrote:

Try looking in the mirror.

Floridatexan wrote:
Ti wrote:

Try looking in the mirror.

I don't look disheveled, Im not a liberal whacko and I don't have cats soooo I wont be finding that in my mirror.  Razz 

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Gunz wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Gunz wrote:

What exactly WAS your POINT? The top of your head? I'm tired of your personal attacks and tired of your delusional rants, as I am tired of engaging with stupid on this forum. The same crowd has been attacking the President since absolute day one. This latest attempt to blame him for our "failure" in Iraq just takes the cake. Apparently, a few Republicans (those who watch FOX) also think he imploded the economy. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Floridatexan wrote:
Gunz wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Gunz wrote:

What exactly WAS your POINT?  The top of your head?  I'm tired of your personal attacks and tired of your delusional rants, as I am tired of engaging with stupid on this forum.  The same crowd has been attacking the President since absolute day one.  This latest attempt to blame him for our "failure" in Iraq just takes the cake.  Apparently, a few Republicans (those who watch FOX) also think he imploded the economy.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.  

Your tired of personal attacks LOL You just went over on the other thread and I wasn't even talking to you and attacked me personally. What a hypocrite.

Get the fuck off this forum if you cant stand it anymore. No body is keeping you here. Youre boring anyway.

no stress

no stress

Floridatexan wrote:
Gunz wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Gunz wrote:

What exactly WAS your POINT?  The top of your head?  I'm tired of your personal attacks and tired of your delusional rants, as I am tired of engaging with stupid on this forum.  The same crowd has been attacking the President since absolute day one.  This latest attempt to blame him for our "failure" in Iraq just takes the cake.  Apparently, a few Republicans (those who watch FOX) also think he imploded the economy.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.  
Lockstep,brainwashed and predictable. You made my point

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum