Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question for sal, seaoat, florida texan, dreamsglore and other forum liberals

+4
TEOTWAWKI
Joanimaroni
ZVUGKTUBM
Hospital Bob
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Dreamsglore wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

This is where you're wrong. I don't support fat lazy people. I support people who cannot help themselves. When your party stops giving handouts to the rich them I'll change my views on helping people but until then you support rich people who keep on taking and getting richer. That's your party!

It was the Democrats...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqHomvmB3ow

...who created the to big to fail business list.

But then that just goes with the liberal mentality of having government intrusion into every aspect of society. Especially if it's a liberal owned company that needs the hand out...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAD6Obi7Cag

Smile 

Moron.

Question for sal,  seaoat,  florida texan,  dreamsglore and other forum liberals - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThK44_YCk_l7AXi41khdBRcaip-UE8LMFOAS8KeAO_ux662TSiNg

And when they can't refute the facts and don't know what else to say they resort to pathetic insults.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaOJwaiOsUs

Smile

Question for sal,  seaoat,  florida texan,  dreamsglore and other forum liberals - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBpZTmJjbmbIlz-X6tnZ-mUYQNCvE3bZN3hPA7dExNzyR_wH-3

It must give the supposedly enlightened progressive liberals around here a warm fuzzy feeling to know that they support not only the 99%, or is it the 98%?, 95%?, less?, and all the welfare kings and queens; but they also support the top of the 1% with their 'to big to fail list'.

They's just supportin' everywone they's feel is important and that thar' is real good ta them caus' bigger gobberment is more better.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5kQ-keiNrg

Very Happy

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 6/11/2014, 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Chrissy wrote:
maybe you could help your fat lazy niece?

And hell has froze over. I agree with your assessment.

Now, why do you think we have this problem and what do you think will fix it?  Smile 

Question for sal,  seaoat,  florida texan,  dreamsglore and other forum liberals - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUgR3R2N1Ius6itjubE9hsHONeG3KIW-5yNOzdHfJ2P96G-64Pdw

A restructuring of the entitlements which takes certain entitlements away gradually and not all at once after a certain income level is reached along with a reevaluation of those considered incapable. Losing big chunks all at once only enables them to be defeatists who will never try to go further.

One cut off that needs to be made is the first child was a mistake but the second child is their own responsibility.

Not being able to work because your feet hurt because a person weighs four to five hundred pounds is not an excuse or disability. Lose the weight.

I realize that people have mental disabilities, like dreams and seaoat, but they are perfectly capable of pushing a broom, cleaning windows, raking leaves, etc... and with a payee to manage their finances they should be able to join the workforce. They'll just have to accept their lot in life.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMnNAGLAc_w

Smile

Hunger and having a family to feed used to be a terrific motivator. Terrible of me I know... but nature can be cruel.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

One thing I'm solidly in favor of. We need to take all that welfare money and use it to do everything we can to defend Mosul. South Chicago can fall but we have to protect Mosul.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:I agree that Newt hit a home run with the contract with America, and it is still the same reason I vote for him in primaries.  He is an example of nuts and bolts pro government reform.  He wants us not to throw out the baby and bathwater, but make intelligent choices which help America.  I take a great deal of chit for my support of Newt, but we need people who understand government and work to make it work better.   We do not need tea party crazies tearing down government so the Oligarchy can steal at will.   The rest of Mr. Markles post is simply crazy talk.

Newt is the biggest hypocrite on the planet and a prime example of what's wrong with your party. How someone with your smarts could think he's good for the country is frankly beyond my ken. Ditto for Ronnie Raygun's foreign policy, although by the time the Iran/Contra scandal was discovered, I think he'd already ceded the power of the office to his successor, who by all indications tried to have him killed.

Bob wrote:One thing I'm solidly in favor of. We need to take all that welfare money and use it to do everything we can to defend Mosul. South Chicago can fall but we have to protect Mosul.

http://www.amren.com/news/2012/07/usda-combats-mountain-pride-self-reliance-to-boost-food-stamp-rolls/

One in seven Americans are on food stamps, but the government is pushing to enroll more—in many instances working to overcome Americans’ “pride,” self-reliance or failure to see a need.

“Our common goal is to increase participation in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program,” the United States Department of Agriculture explains on its “Outreach Toolkits” page. “Our purpose is to ensure that those going through difficult times can feed their families healthy, nutritious food. By working as a team, we can accomplish these goals.”

The USDA has adopted a range of strategies and programs designed to bring more people to SNAP, including taking on “pride.” A 2011 Hunger Champions Award document reveals that local assistance offices have been rewarded for “counteracting” pride and pushing more people to sign up for benefits.

The Ashe County Department of Social Services in Jefferson, N.C., for example, received a “Gold” award for confronting “mountain pride” and increasing food stamp participation by 10 percent.

“Hearing from the outreach worker that benefits could be used to purchase seeds and plants for their gardens turned out to be a very important strategy in counteracting what they described as ‘mountain pride’ and appealed to those who wished not to rely on others,” the document explains. “Eventually, many accepted assistance from the Low Income Energy Assistance Program, the Qualified Medicare Beneficiary program, and others, in some cases doubling a household’s net income. In 1 year, SNAP participation increased over 10 percent.”

{snip}

The agency adds that there are many hurdles—including reticence to accept government aid—that SNAP advocates must overcome in order to make eligible people accept the government’s help.

According to the USDA, 65 percent of those eligible claim SNAP benefits, a number the agency has been working to increase.

{snip}

“I think it’s a deep problem when SNAP officials think it is their duty to overcome ‘mountain pride’ or overcome the American sense of independence and individual responsibility,” [Alabama Sen. Jeff] Sessions told The Daily Caller in an interview. “They seem to think that is an anachronism and that modern Americans shouldn’t have pride and independence. I think it is highly troubling actually.”

{snip}

SNAP spending has doubled since 2008 and quadrupled since 2001. Participation has increased from 1-in-50 on food stamps in the 1970s to 1-in-7 today.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:It is the utter lack of perspective to even enter into a discussion in the real areas of systemic subsidy and abuse.  I have been a life long republican and have fought government waste at the state and local level, and have a proven track record of fiscal conservatism.   I was a trickle down guy through and through, but the reality and magnitude of the theft of America has people with simple minds looking at pennies while dollars are thrown down the toilet.  The Reagan success in foreign policy is only matched by the utter failure of trickle down and insurmountable debt as a direct result from unnecessary tax cuts to the highest earners, and almost total elimination of the estate tax.  Bad policy which was hidden by smoke and mirrors.

I fought the new Santa Rosa Courthouse for eight years and think that is an example of millions being wasted when a couple of branch courts taking the high volume cases to the Administrative building and making lawyers and judges move to efficiently schedule cases is better than throwing away millions.  I have fought farm subsidy for 10 years as the magnitude of this boondoogle is finally sinking in as commodity prices reach record levels and family farms are grossing 500k plus and averaging 35k of subsidy per farm.

No part of government should be exempt from reductions and greater efficiency, but when budgets are balanced on the back of children......we have a problem.

Good answer.

Also, jobs.

http://www.npr.org/2013/03/27/175502085/moving-people-from-welfare-to-disability-rolls-is-a-profitable-full-time-job

PkrBum wrote:Hunger and having a family to feed used to be a terrific motivator. Terrible of me I know... but nature can be cruel.

Yeah wonder how that changed

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

We just learned this morning that the federal highway trust fund is out of money.  I'm really worried that what little borrowed money the government does have will be wasted on those roads.  Our real priority is defending Mosul.
We should be trying to encourage Lindsey Graham to run for president.  He'll know to protect Mosul at all costs.  We cannot let them go on hating us for our freedoms. Even if we have to drive on dirt roads to do it.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:Do you think it's just ignorant right-wing racism whenever anyone finds a problem with all the people who are receiving welfare and other government handouts?

No, it's not racism...part of it is, but that's not the whole picture. I think a better term would be snobbery. Just because someone isn't working doesn't mean he/she doesn't want to work. Just because someone can walk doesn't mean they aren't disabled. I think a majority of people, say, those making less than $100,000 per year, are shouldering too heavy of a tax burden...and they resent it, as they should. But I don't think "welfare" in the sense that you're defining it is the problem...the real problems are at the other end of the spectrum. And social security is not a "handout"; it is usually (not always) earned. And there are abuses of food stamps and AFDC...no doubt about it. But they are dwarfed by the abuses of big business, the financial sector, and the war machine.

Is there never any valid argument to challenge any aspect of it?

There's always a way to improve.

Since the 1% are getting richer does that automatically mean all the welfare is a good thing?

No.

Do you not even consider the argument that welfare and handouts are now kept in place only because the recipients are a voting block for democrat politicians who are making these folk permanent wards of the state and taking away their incentive to make it on their own?

Yes, I do consider it. I consider it a right-wing talking point, like the anti-immigration stance. Another day; another group to scapegoat...like the refugees from Central America, who are here because our "war on drugs" is causing chaos in their home countries. This is not new.

http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/CIAtimeline.html

Do think it's all just a bunch of right-wing horeshit which doesn't even merit discussion?

I think lots of people in this country, including some who claim to be "Christian", really worship at the altar of Baal, who looks a whole lot like the Merrill Lynch bull. So, it's not horse caca, it's bull caca. In other words, rich people are treated like gods just by virtue of the fact that they've accumulated wealth, no matter how many people they screwed over to get there. White collar crime needs to be prosecuted...might I also point out that so-called white collar crime is often intertwined with the seedier varieties...drugs, money laundering, human trafficking, etc.

(Some rich people are still human beings, but I've found through the years that the most selfish people...the ones who'll try to nickel and dime you in a work setting, or steal your clients, or whatever, are the ones who already have a lot of money.

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Now, why do you think we have this problem and what do you think will fix it?  Smile 

Question for sal,  seaoat,  florida texan,  dreamsglore and other forum liberals - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUgR3R2N1Ius6itjubE9hsHONeG3KIW-5yNOzdHfJ2P96G-64Pdw

A restructuring of the entitlements which takes certain entitlements away gradually and not all at once after a certain income level is reached along with a reevaluation of those considered incapable. Losing big chunks all at once only enables them to be defeatists who will never try to go further.

One cut off that needs to be made is the first child was a mistake but the second child is their own responsibility.

Not being able to work because your feet hurt because a person weighs four to five hundred pounds is not an excuse or disability. Lose the weight.

I realize that people have mental disabilities, like dreams and seaoat, but they are perfectly capable of pushing a broom, cleaning windows, raking leaves, etc... and with a payee to manage their finances they should be able to join the workforce. They'll just have to accept their lot in life.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

God you should be a mensa candidate! Those restrictions are already in effect.

by 2seaoat Yesterday at 11:40 pm

I fought the new Santa Rosa Courthouse for eight years and think that is an example of millions being wasted when a couple of branch courts taking the high volume cases to the Administrative building and making lawyers and judges move to efficiently schedule cases is better than throwing away millions. .

------
The courthouse is old and outdated by 40 years. Prisoners and law abiding citizens walk the same halls side by side. The AC and heat issues make people continually sick. It floods out every major storm to include hurricanes. It isn't ADA compliant at all.

Bob wrote:We just learned this morning that the federal highway trust fund is out of money.  I'm really worried that what little borrowed money the government does have will be wasted on those roads.  Our real priority is defending Mosul.
We should be trying to encourage Lindsey Graham to run for president.  He'll know to protect Mosul at all costs.  We cannot let them go on hating us for our freedoms.  Even if we have to drive on dirt roads to do it.

What freedoms?

Dreamsglore wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Question for sal,  seaoat,  florida texan,  dreamsglore and other forum liberals - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGfqyarQUKWZ5KoqZLKc6XSRa5HV1MXfF5_uXmJTpL2eWQ-MaY

Wow! First you're saying there's all sorts of abuses, like your fat niece, and almost having me agreeing with you. Then you turn around and tell me all those things are just fine.

So which is it all knowing one?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ljy6PTbX9I

Smile 

2seaoat

The courthouse is old and outdated by 40 years. Prisoners and law abiding citizens walk the same halls side by side. The AC and heat issues make people continually sick. It floods out every major storm to include hurricanes. It isn't ADA compliant at all.

Mostly BS. I used to be able to walk in any door at the the courthouse without the police state security. You could just keep civil at the old courthouse and move traffic and criminal over to the administration building, putting two courtrooms in shared existing space and two in a couple hundred thousand expansion of the administration building. Heck they have moved out the recorder and other folks who used to be at the courthouse...this is exactly what is wrong with this country. At a time we should be shrinking the criminal justice system they want to spend 8 million when 10% of that would solve problems for the next thirty years........they want a taj Mahal......period.

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Question for sal,  seaoat,  florida texan,  dreamsglore and other forum liberals - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGfqyarQUKWZ5KoqZLKc6XSRa5HV1MXfF5_uXmJTpL2eWQ-MaY

Wow! First you're saying there's all sorts of abuses, like your fat niece, and almost having me agreeing with you. Then you turn around and tell me all those things are just fine.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile 

Shit for brains. No, I didn't say it is fine. I said it wasn't enforced.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile 

Shit for brains. No, I didn't say it is fine. I said it wasn't enforced.

Question for sal,  seaoat,  florida texan,  dreamsglore and other forum liberals - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQi-tnlKOaOXp2ftOZIzgFyboJytYaG0TjJvH0PTdaZQf482V03xg

It's the president that you voted into office, and providing continual support for, not enforcing them so the SFB would be you.

Perhaps it's time to move to the Tea Party and demand enforcement instead of being continually vulgar and thereby reinforcing the belief that you're mentally challenged.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Laughing

Question for sal,  seaoat,  florida texan,  dreamsglore and other forum liberals - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdg-3_eObZ7yR6LzAJPSjPcLaLuBDNiheILJaSWfB6fOk81yno

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q13XS_R2mU

Very Happy

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ti wrote:
Bob wrote:We just learned this morning that the federal highway trust fund is out of money.  I'm really worried that what little borrowed money the government does have will be wasted on those roads.  Our real priority is defending Mosul.
We should be trying to encourage Lindsey Graham to run for president.  He'll know to protect Mosul at all costs.  We cannot let them go on hating us for our freedoms.  Even if we have to drive on dirt roads to do it.

What freedoms?

Well of course it's the freedoms President George Walker Bush talked about. What are you, some kind of liberal progressive commie who's agin President Bush or what?

Bob wrote:
Ti wrote:

What freedoms?

Well of course it's the freedoms President George Walker Bush talked about.  What are you,  some kind of liberal progressive commie who's agin President Bush or what?

I was ok with bush right up until the millennium project. I still like him better than the current dictator, but not by much. Either way, bush isn't president, hasn't been for over 5 years. Sorry to break it to ya. lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum