Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Warning to Cox internet customers

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Don't download bit torrent movies.

Tuesday night of last week I downloaded my first three torrent movies (including Godzilla).  And then the next night I downloaded one more.
Shortly after that last one finished downloading,  Cox turned off my internet.

I was without internet for three days until I could get Uverse.  I don't know what the Uverse policy is with bit torrent but my bit torrent career is now over with.  Uverse is the only provider left for me.  If I get kicked off that too I'll have to go to McDonalds to get a connection.  Aint worth it.

Free Wi-Fi at Studerville.......Just sayin......

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Mr Ichi wrote:Free Wi-Fi at Studerville.......Just sayin......

Yea but they charge $7 for a beer down there. I can order a coke at McDonalds for a lot less. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I thought sure seaoat would wanna weigh in on this. He must be getting soft on me. lol

Nope... Works out side the stadium. I think they allow bit torrent downloading. Try it. Smile.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Mr Ichi wrote:Nope...  Works out side the stadium.   I think they allow  bit torrent downloading.   Try it. Smile.  

Hmmm. You mean to tell me we can park by the stadium and get on their wifi?

Wouldn't it be something if I went down there and downloaded movies and Cox kicked Studer off the internet. lol

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:

Tuesday night of last week I downloaded my first three torrent movies (including Godzilla).  And then the next night I downloaded one more.

What were the other three?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

In the interests of full disclosure, I have to also reveal that, yes I got to watch a download of Godzilla for free. But I kept having to see the head of the guy sitting in the seat in front of the guy with the camcorder. lol

I think the speed may be a little slow to down load movies. I know I had a hard time downloading , Babes and Baseball Part 3.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:
What were the other three?

Warning to Cox internet customers Files10

The other three (besides Godzilla) were all very good downloads.  All in 1080p.

And I really enjoyed the new Robocop movie.  Just great popcorn and coke entertainment.  Held my attention all the way through.  I recommend it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Torrent is really a fascinating phenomenon.  Not only every current movie but every movie ever made can be downloaded.  And every television series.
And any software too including Windows.

It's totally out of control.  It's days have to be numbered. Too much money is being lost.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Monument Men is a disappointment. Not so much the movie because Clooney did a pretty good job of making it.
But after I watch any movie now which bills itself as a "true story" I fact check it on the internet. And I discovered Clooney made up so much about the story that it's just pathetic. What's seen in the movie is about as much a "true story" as if it had been made by Oliver Stone. Just hogwash.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

We have Cox, and we use amazon.com exclusively for TV and movies. Over the last six weeks or so, we've experienced a severe increase in buffering. Prior to this, we had little-to-no buffering on shows we streamed through amazon.com

I'm having major buffering on little ol' youtube videos of my favorite rock groups.

Tell us how you like UVerse, Bob. I particularly want to know if you experience buffering. We may need to switch.

EDIT:  We ditched Cox expanded cable TV, including Cox InDemand, because they couldn't fix the tiling we were experiencing (Cox also refused to give refunds on movies that were unwatchable due to tiling.) Cox claimed it was a problem with our brand new television. We have had no tiling whatsoever since switching to Netflix and later to Amazon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum