Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

WARNING: Do Not Use Microsoft Internet Explorer

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

Microsoft is racing to address a weakness in its popular Web browser that security experts at FireEye revealed over the weekend. The researchers discovered that hackers have exploited the bug and created a new type of attack.

This is how it works: Hackers set up a website that installs malware when you visit it. If you're duped into visiting the website while using the Internet Explorer program, malware seeps into your computer and gives a stranger total control. You might not even notice.

"I'd say someone taking control of your computer is just the beginning of the worst case scenario," said Adrian Sanabria, a security expert with 451research.com. "Because then they steal your info, get access to your email, etc."

Related story: Cyber insurance bridges the gap between physical and digital

That's where the real danger lies. Anyone in control of your computer can spy on everything you do. If it's a PC at work, hackers can reach into anything an employee has access to.

It's worse for those using Windows XP, because Microsoft no longer supports that operating system with security patches. To them, Microsoft says: Go upgrade to Windows 7 or 8.1.

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security recommends that people ditch Internet Explorer until there's a patch -- or install special software in the meantime instead.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/04/28/technology/security/internet-explorer-bug/

2seaoat

Microsoft has become number 1 on my chit list. They decided to no longer support frontpage web editing software, and then my server companies who host my websites transitioned to the new Microsoft server software and I could not make changes to my webs........Microsoft's answer.....sorry Bro......we sold you the software, now we do not support it.....pound on sand.

3WARNING:  Do Not Use Microsoft Internet Explorer Empty All fixed 5/2/2014, 5:34 pm

RealLindaL

Microsoft finally issued a patch today for the "Zero Day Bug" vulnerability in IE.  And out of the goodness of their sweet li'l ol' hearts they also provided the patch to those running XP, apparently saying something to the effect that they did so because the bug was so close in time to the end of XP support.

Both fixes are accessible via the normal Windows Update function.

2seaoat

They are certainly profiting from the failure of prior stellar microsoft platforms as they are attempting to move all software to the cloud where there will be annual licensing fees......the model is dependent on burning the bridges of the older and incredibly stable platforms like xp and software like frontpage which was intuitive and simple and did not require all the very expensive visual basic software with bells and whistles they have migrated. It is blatant and obvious that Microsoft wants to destroy those stable platforms to migrate folks on those machines to a license fee paid annually versus the prior models which basically gave you the use of the license in perpetuity ........unless some bastards pulled the plug and decided to rape the American electronics consumer by certainly making it easy for vulnerabilities to be found in these once stable platforms.......I wish Eric the worse AG since Mitchell in the Nixon years would prosecute these folks for their complicity.....because it is blatant.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum