Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If youre dumb, the state cant give you the death sentence, did you know that?

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:Fuzy....that is the comprehension level of somebody that believes the death penalty serves some purpose other than spending a lot of money.

Slakes blood lust of sadists momentarily.

2seaoat wrote:Fuzy....that is the comprehension level of somebody that believes the death penalty serves some purpose other than spending a lot of money.

it shouldn't cost a lot to put a ax murderer or baby rapist to death, it only does because of fuzzy pink bellied utopian unicorns desire protect criminals from justice.

2seaoat wrote:I don't expect a real answer from you. But give it your best pampered fuzzy shot. LOL

So you think the death sentence is a good deterrence?  I think it is costly and barbaric which like abortion should happen rarely in a civilized society.  The experts do not agree with you.

http://www.amnestyusa.org/our-work/issues/death-penalty/us-death-penalty-facts/the-death-penalty-and-deterrence

If youre dumb, the state cant give you the death sentence, did you know that?  - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWLDBBD_Lerw6TwhYPyZFHjO3sTj3wgrWplEAONM2M_q8L48aY

Barbarism and civilization are but an abstract notion in some deluded peoples minds. The Spanish thought they were more civilized than the peoples they meet when they arrived at the New World. The English thought they were more civilized than the Native Americans they meet when they arrived at the shores of the North American continent. With a growing list of cultures that think that they are more civilized that goes on and on till the present day and the future.

Your so called 'experts' are nothing more than people with delusions of grandeur. They think they can rise above the natural state of being born human and part of the animal kingdom. Where in the end if it becomes a matter of survival your so called 'experts' would become the natural killing machine that man has become over the centuries, eras, and eons that he/she has evolved...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy8z557aK1Y

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 6/2/2014, 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Gunz wrote:
BirdyBack wrote:
Sometimes when an EMH child has done something wrong, not only do they not know it is wrong, but they also don't know the difference between the truth and a lie.  You can ask a child, "did you push him" and he will probably say no.  But if you tell that same child to show you how he used his hands, he will make a pushing motion.  That lack of understanding makes it impossible for them to understand and participate in a trial.
     I know that youre just making up an example but it got me wondering....Why would a child that doesn't know right from wrong answer No to the question and then show what he did with his hands? If they truly don't know right from wrong wouldn't they just answer honestly about what they did when asked?   Not a criticism of your example, just a queery.

That is something that actually happened.  The child who was pushed came out of the restroom complaining.  I asked the low functioning child "did you push him?"  He said no.  He may have been responding to my tone of voice.  When I asked him if his hands touched the other child, he said yes.  So I asked him to show me how and that's when he made the pushing motion.  I've been working with special ed kids since I was a teenager and I have seen it over and over, they hurt somebody and don't have a clue that they've done something wrong.  They just don't think the same way that we do.

They do learn that they can get in trouble, but they are fuzzy on the why and on what gets them into trouble.  It's like working with a toddler who will never understand it without constant reinforcement.  Some of the lower functioning children I worked with were always happy.  Others were quick to fly off the handle, like a 2 year old having a tantrum.  

They might be in and out of jail as adults, committing progressively more violent crimes. I have seen that pattern with so many of my former students.  I have read some of their court records and seen which ones were declared incompetent to stand trial.  Frankly, there are more of them who should be found incompetent.  Most of my former students have never been evaluated.  I don't understand how that happens given their poor communications skills.

Two of my former students are serving life sentences for murder.  Given what I know about them, their IQs and their other disabilities,  I do not believe the death sentence is appropriate for either of them.  What I would love to see for that population is something similar to the "guilty but insane" plea, acknowledging that a crime was committed but that the person had no understanding of the consequences of his actions.

BirdyBack wrote:Two of my former students are serving life sentences for murder.  Given what I know about them, their IQs and their other disabilities,  I do not believe the death sentence is appropriate for either of them.  What I would love to see for that population is something similar to the "guilty but insane" plea, acknowledging that a crime was committed but that the person had no understanding of the consequences of his actions.

If youre dumb, the state cant give you the death sentence, did you know that?  - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmXwtXCJ_QQ9gn-e7iH4SlcPT1Bvls9oSh3YzDMVhRHOKw8e6d

So what you're saying is the lights are on but...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjxGjwzWUuA

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum