Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

LeBron surpasses Jordan in most playoff games with at least 25 points, 5 rebounds, and 5 assists on his way to a 4th consecutive finals appearance.

+2
Hospital Bob
boards of FL
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

boards of FL

boards of FL

Not since the Lakers of the early 80's has any team appeared in 4 consecutive finals.  

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What a wonderful sport it is that attracts such handsome young fans. His daddy must be so proud.

LeBron surpasses Jordan in most playoff games with at least 25 points, 5 rebounds, and 5 assists on his way to a 4th consecutive finals appearance. Little10

boards of FL

boards of FL

LeBron surpasses Jordan in most playoff games with at least 25 points, 5 rebounds, and 5 assists on his way to a 4th consecutive finals appearance. 1373483827000-USATSI-7311356-1307101518_4_3

2seaoat

First, the Bulls could have gone 8 straight years but for Michael's desire to play baseball. Second, some of Lebron's stats in Playoffs were garnished when he played in Cleveland where there was no success and but huge personal numbers. Like Jordan scoring 63 in a playoff game against the knicks, that was totally meaningless. The trophies are what counts.

I must admit I was wrong. I did not think the Pacers could be beaten by the Heat. I have been impressed by Wade's ability to float into the middle two feet in from the free throw line and get passes consistently as the baseline is attacked. I am totally not impressed with the defensive adjustments, yet this team was one of the top three defenses in the league. I do not think the Pacers are playing as well as last year, but I also think that some of the comments on the foul calls are exactly what I have been saying for three years. That however is not why the Pacers are down. They are being outplayed.

San Antonio should have won last year, but for a fluke rebound and outlet pass to Allen. The Heat simply are not that good of a team, and had injuries not handcuffed the Bulls this year, I honestly never saw them getting to the finals. So I am wrong on the Eastern Finals. I will not be wrong on the Championship.

boards of FL

boards of FL

No success in Cleveland?  He took a team of nobodies to the finals.  After getting no help from a dysfunctional franchise, he bailed.   It was then that we saw that Cleveland was a 19 win team without LeBron.  They were a 61 win team the year before.  Contrast that with the Bulls who were still a 55 win team...without Jordan.

Could Jordan take these guys to an NBA final?  I highly doubt it.

Larry Huges
Drew Gooden
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Anderson Varejao

And now that LeBron has finally landed somewhere with a competent back office...perennial championships.  Seriously, how long do you think it will be until a team that doesn't have LeBron James wins a title?  I can say that I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if LeBron were to win six straight titles.  Granted, this will require some moves in Miami as this current roster probably couldn't win again next year, but Pat Riley will make the necessary moves to keep the Heat on top.  Veteran players looking for a championship are willing to extend their careers merely for the opportunity to play with LeBron.

Once his career is over, we will all look back and agree that LeBron accomplished much more with much less.  There will be no debate. LeBron has already surpassed MJ on triple doubles, and now on this playoff stat that was mentioned in the game last night.  I have no doubt LeBron will surpass Jordan on championships, MVPs, and finals MVPs.  Once that happens, there will be no one left defending Jordan, save for a few that will point to the scoring titles.  

And all of this while having to face a degree of scrutiny that Jordan never even knew existed.  Everyone celebrated Jordan in unison.  Everyone wanted to be like Mike.  LeBron on the other hand has heard things like "He'll never win a championship!" and "I don't like the way he left Cleveland!" and "He's a me-first type of player!", in spite of the fact that he isn't even remotely a "me-first" type of player.

Here is over a half hour of highlights from just this past season, and not including the playoffs. I can tell you that I have never seen a comparable video that shows this degree of dominance from Jordan. And, again, these are just highlight reels from this past season. He will actually be better next year, and possibly the next.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:LeBron surpasses Jordan in most playoff games with at least 25 points, 5 rebounds, and 5 assists on his way to a 4th consecutive finals appearance. 1373483827000-USATSI-7311356-1307101518_4_3

That appears to be a drunk who passed out in the middle of 17th Ave and got painted along with the trestle. lol

2seaoat

You simply have not been paying attention to his poor defense at times. He will never be Michael Jordan, or even close. He is consistently being beat by guards down the middle.....consistently. His match up with big men is better than Jordan, but Jordan did a remarkable job against the same, and Jackson had huge defensive flexibility. Jordan did not have any problems on defense or consistency. You are speculating that he is going to get his third ring......I am not as confident as you are that will happen. A two ring James is probably a much better player than say Duncan in the list of all time greats, but he certainly is not better Bryant, Bird, Magic, Russell, and Chamberlain, and to compare him to Michael is foolish. I would argue that Duncan now is higher on the list, and if he wins another championship.....his legacy is sealed, even though he does not have James's offensive numbers. I have seen both Michael and James play in person......and James is too inconsistent in defense, and has a history far greater than his last two successful playoffs of choking when it counts. I resisted the comparisons of Bryant to Jordan, but that was at least realistic. Right now a certain OK player is better than James, and he is in need of some supporting players.

The simple fact is that the NBA needs Miami to be successful. As I pointed out last year, the foul calling is getting close to losing all credibility. If the league wants to give Duncan a fair exit and the calls are close and fair, the Spurs will win in 6. Make your prediction.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:
boards of FL wrote:LeBron surpasses Jordan in most playoff games with at least 25 points, 5 rebounds, and 5 assists on his way to a 4th consecutive finals appearance. 1373483827000-USATSI-7311356-1307101518_4_3

That appears to be a drunk who passed out in the middle of 17th Ave and got painted along with the trestle.  lol

What a role model for kids! His mom got him his first tattoo . She rode with the motorcycle gang The Bandero's.

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:The simple fact is that the NBA needs Miami to be successful.  As I pointed out last year, the foul calling is getting close to losing all credibility.  If the league wants to give Duncan a fair exit and the calls are close and fair, the Spurs will win in 6.   Make your prediction.

You appear to be at the depression stage of the Kubler Ross model, just as I had predicted you would be in the thread below:

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t13790-heat-fifth-and-the-bulls-sixth-in-nba-power-rankings#170829

My prediction? You will reach the acceptance stage of the Kubler Ross model in a few weeks.

2seaoat

I was wrong thinking the better team Indiana would win. They were not the better team. However, I will be right on the finals.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'll bet you money that little punk kim jung dung is creaming his pants when he sees this character. lol

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:   Right now a certain OK player is better than James, and he is in need of some supporting players.

Here is an interesting stat for you.  Durant is currently shooting .452 in the 2014 playoffs (160-354).  LeBron could miss his next 60 shots and he would still have a higher post season average.  

For the next three games, LeBron could score zero points, air ball everything, and he would still have a higher post season shooting average.

The gap between LeBron and Durant is monstrous.  The only reason why it may not seem that way is because LeBron is held to a higher level of scrutiny than almost any professional athlete I have ever seen.  I can only think of 2, maybe 3 bad games that LeBron has had in his entire career...and one of those was a triple double.  Durant, on the other hand, has probably had at least 10 games this season alone in which he completely disappeared and was non factor.

2seaoat

James presents a problem for most defenses. The match up often has a smaller tough 2 guard guarding him. Chicago used Butler. He consistently tested James. In bad defensive schemes, if there is not help when he goes in the paint, he will kill you. As you know the highest percentage shots are within the paint. So when you cherry pick a stat to try to prove James is as good as Durant, you again are not paying attention. The east is as weak as I have ever seen it. There is no comparison between the two divisions. James was consistently playing against inferior defensive schemes and was scoring in the paint which is higher percentage shots. Durant in their offensive configuration is taking threes and distant 2s. He does not attack the paint and dump it off to somebody like wade, Durant was not the MVP by my choice.....it was the most knowledgeable people in basketball, but I put little credence in the same. Noah won the best defensive player and with meniscus issues the team tanked. Durant will not make the finals, yet he is a better player waiting for his chance to move to Miami or wherever he can cherry pick his surrounding players. Shooting percentages does not have the weight you seem to give it, because if James had Durant's Percentages from the paint, I would agree with you it is significant......differing schemes.

Sal

Sal

Yes, Lebron is huge and extremely difficult to defend.

Thanks for that brilliant observation.

lol

boards of FL

boards of FL

LeBron is shooting better from downtown during this post season as well:

3P%

James: .379
Durant: .346

But I'll grant you that Durant shoots more 3's, so that will pull down his FG%.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Disappointment from the Pacers. They seem to fall apart in the 3 & 4 quarter.

2seaoat

Disappointment from the Pacers. They seem to fall apart in the 3 & 4 quarter.

The foul count tells a great deal why that is happening.

boards of FL

boards of FL

The Pacers have made it to the line more in this series than the Heat.

I have to give it to you, 2seaoat. You're consistent.

Jordan never lost a series (championship) finals. Your bit has choken so much he actually had the moniker until just last year.

2seaoat

The Pacers have made it to the line more in this series than the Heat.

I beg to differ. I consistently have seen over the last two years fouls called on the Heat in the first and second quarter..........the end of the game is teflon time for the Heat. Certainly the last game had a 10 point differential from the foul line.....all later in the game......kills any kind of rally.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Jordan never lost a series (championship) finals. Your bit has choken so much he actually had the moniker until just last year.

Your knowledge of basketball is even weaker than your knowledge of politics. Jordan never lost in the finals because for quite some time he couldn't even make it to the finals, as he was getting his ass handed to him every year in the playoffs. This "he never lost in the finals" argument has to be one of the weakest out there. Somehow if a guy gets first rounded year after year - as Jordan did - that is better than a guy going deeper in the playoffs. That is some fairly solid PACEDOG logic on display right there.

At age 21, LeBron took these guys to the NBA finals and a regular season 50 and 32 record.

Larry Huges
Drew Gooden
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Anderson Varejao

At age 21, Jordan led the bulls to a 38 and 44 record, and then was eliminated from the playoffs in the first round.....but hey, at least he didn't lose in the finals!

Hell, let's look at the 87-88 Bulls.

Scottie Pippen
Horace Grant
Charles Oakley
John Paxson

Jordan led this team to 50-32 record and a second round elimination....but hey, at least he didn't lose in the finals! Can you imagine if LeBron had a team even remotely close to this? Perennial championships. Perennial MVPs.

Jordan was 28 before he even saw the NBA finals, and he had a completely stacked team and the greatest head coach of all time. LeBron took a team of scrubs to the finals at age 21. Jordan won his first title at 28. LeBron at 27. I could go on but the stats are all out there. The writing has been on the wall for quite some time.

Plus, you could simply watch a game and see it with your own eyes.

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:The Pacers have made it to the line more in this series than the Heat.

I beg to differ.  I consistently have seen over the last two years fouls called on the Heat in the first and second quarter..........the end of the game is teflon time for the Heat.  Certainly the last game had a 10 point differential from the foul line.....all later in the game......kills any kind of rally.

Game 1

Heat: 15
Pacers: 37

Game 2

Heat: 18
Pacers: 15

Game 3

Heat: 20
Pacers: 25

Game 4

Heat: 34
Pacers: 17

Total

Heat: 87
Pacers: 94

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400558914

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

NBA Championships
LeBron James 2
Michael Jordan 6
NBA Seasons
LeBron James 11
Michael Jordan 15
Playoffs Played
LeBron James 9
Michael Jordan 13
All-Star Games
LeBron James 10
Michael Jordan 14
Honors and Awards
Season MVP
LeBron James 4
Michael Jordan 5
Finals MVP
LeBron James 2
Michael Jordan 6
All-NBA First Team
LeBron James 7
Michael Jordan 10
All-NBA Teams
(Total Selections)
LeBron James 9
Michael Jordan 11
All-Defensive First Team
LeBron James 5
Michael Jordan 9
All-Defensive Teams
(Total Selections)
LeBron James 5
Michael Jordan 9
Defensive Player
of The Year
LeBron James 0
Michael Jordan 1
Scoring Leader
LeBron James 1
Michael Jordan 10
Steals Leader
LeBron James 0
Michael Jordan 3
Rookie of The Year
LeBron James 1
Michael Jordan 1

NBA Regular Season Stats
Stats Per Game
Points Per Game
LeBron James 27.5
Michael Jordan 30.1

Rebounds Per Game
LeBron James 7.2
Michael Jordan 6.2

Assists Per Game
LeBron James 6.9
Michael Jordan 5.3

Steals Per Game
LeBron James 1.7
Michael Jordan 2.3

Blocks Per Game
LeBron James 0.8
Michael Jordan 0.8

Totals Stats
Total Points
LeBron James 23,170
Michael Jordan 32,292

Total Rebounds
LeBron James 6,086
Michael Jordan 6,672

Total Assists
LeBron James 5,791
Michael Jordan 5,633

Total Steals
LeBron James 1,444
Michael Jordan 2,514

Total Blocks
LeBron James 675
Michael Jordan 893

Total Games
LeBron James 842
Michael Jordan 1,072

Percentages
Field Goal Percentage
LeBron James .497
Michael Jordan .497

3-Point Percentage
LeBron James .341
Michael Jordan .327

Free Throw Percentage
LeBron James .747
Michael Jordan .835

NBA Playoffs Stats
Stats Per Game
Points Per Game
LeBron James 28.1
Michael Jordan 33.4

Rebounds Per Game
LeBron James 8.5
Michael Jordan 6.4

Assists Per Game
LeBron James 6.5
Michael Jordan 5.7

Steals Per Game
LeBron James 1.7
Michael Jordan 2.1

Blocks Per Game
LeBron James 0.9
Michael Jordan 0.9

Totals Stats
Total Points
LeBron James 4,246
Michael Jordan 5,987

Total Rebounds
LeBron James 1,287
Michael Jordan 1,152

Total Assists
LeBron James 989
Michael Jordan 1,022

Total Steals
LeBron James 262
Michael Jordan 376

Total Blocks
LeBron James 135
Michael Jordan 158

Total Games
LeBron James 151
Michael Jordan 179

Percentages
Field Goal Percentage
LeBron James .480
Michael Jordan .487

3-Point Percentage
LeBron James .325
Michael Jordan .332

Free Throw Percentage
LeBron James .753
Michael Jordan .828

I MO......Even if LeBron passes Jordan's stats....he will never posses the grace and finesse of Michael Jordan. Never once did I see Jordan make a shot and beat on his chest while staring down the fans as he ran down the court. The difference is over all attitude and sportsmanship versus showmanship.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum