Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NBA Finals Kickoff this Thursday

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

I'm going out on a limb and predict that LeBron will get another ring.  I realize that I'm going against conventional wisdom and much of what we observed over the regular season.   I'm basically looking only at the last two months of the season and then the playoffs.  From that point forward, these two teams are much closer that many will admit.  Golden State clearly has the better roster, coach, and home court advantage.  If I were actually putting money on this, I'd take Golden State.  But with no pressure of betting, I'll predict that the Cavs will take this.

Here is a question for everyone.  If we were to eliminate LeBron and Curry so that we then have each remaining roster battling it out, who would win that?  A LeBron-less Cavs versus a Curry-less Golden State. I'd say Golden State would sweep and it wouldn't even be close.  Take LeBron out of the equation and what is left is spare parts from the Knicks with no head coach.  Take Curry away and that team will still reach the playoffs in the west.

LeBron clearly has his work cut out for him.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Just read that Love has stated he is definitely returning to the Cavs next year.  If they do resign him, Thompson, and Mosgov, we have a dynasty here ladies and gentlemen.  You can go ahead and pencil the Cavs into the next five NBA finals (not including this one) as there is simply no team in the East that can compete with that.  And if that happens, that will be 11 straight NBA finals for LeBron.  Who knows how many rings will come out of that?  

boards of FL

boards of FL

News is beginning to trickle out that Irving may have taken a turn for the worse - or, at least his recovery isn't progressing well enough so as to say he will be any more than 40-50%. If that does prove to be the case, I'll change my pick to Golden State. The series may prove to be interesting nevertheless but LeBron will need at least one other star out there who is moderately healthy in order to get by a team like Golden State.

But who knows, LeBron may pull off the greatest finals performance ever and get the ring anyways. We will see. They were able to defeat ATL twice and rout the Bulls once without Irving. If the planets align and those roll players continue to step up, who knows what could happen.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:News is beginning to trickle out that Irving may have taken a turn for the worse - or, at least his recovery isn't progressing well enough so as to say he will be any more than 40-50%.  If that does prove to be the case, I'll change my pick to Golden State.  The series may prove to be interesting nevertheless but LeBron will need at least one other star out there who is moderately healthy in order to get by a team like Golden State.

But who knows, LeBron may pull off the greatest finals performance ever and get the ring anyways.  We will see.  They were able to defeat ATL twice and rout the Bulls once without Irving.  If the planets align and those roll players continue to step up, who knows what could happen.

Atlanta had injured players.....players injured during the games with the Cavs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum