Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

When do we start making real cuts in the Defense Budget

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

We are having endless congressional hearings on the death of four Americans, yet we spend 55 cents of every dollar in the world on defense spending, and we think what is said on a sunday news program is relevant? We need to begin shutting down the industrial military complex ownership of every district in America where facilities and jobs turn thinking congressmen as water carriers for this evil cabal. Weapons proliferation and profit require wars.......wars require votes.......votes are bought and paid for.......it is time to make 25% cuts in our defense budget over the next twenty years.

Defense has been cut all it can be. Get over it.

2seaoat

Defense has been cut all it can be. Get over it.

55 cents of every dollar in the world is being spent by the United States on defense spending. The cuts have not even began. We have 11 carriers and the groups which surround them.......we could survive with half that number. What a huge waste of our economic power. Economic power creates military power.....if we do not retool our economies for a peace time economy not dependent on the Military Industrial complex.......then our security will truly be at risk.......we are living on borrowed time as the economic damage of the military budget is gutting our economy.

Dude, believe it or not, the world is a dangerous place and Neville chamberlains such as yourself think sticking your head in the sand is the answer.

2seaoat

The world is a dangerous place, but military power is dependent on economic power. When our infrastructure crumbles and we spend 25% too much on defense, our underlying economy weakens, and long term our ability to defend ourselves weakens.......we are going to decline as a superpower, not because we make necessary cuts, but because we fail to make those cuts and our economy becomes a third world provider of raw material and an exploited labor pool.....no the cuts cannot come soon enough.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

The cuts have not even began.....

The military budget is not sacrosanct and will be cut much further in the years to come. It is going to take some brave Congressmen/women and Senators to do it. We will need to close some overseas bases and many at home, too.

Along with cuts to the military budget will come cuts to other things (social programs), and maybe even, Boomer Social Security.

The next Wall Street crash may be the final catalyst for all of this to happen.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

At this point... I think that a balanced budget would be the best thing the federal govt could do for we the people.

silent 
2seaoat wrote:We are having endless congressional hearings on the death of four Americans, yet we spend 55 cents of every dollar in the world on defense spending, and we think what is said on a sunday news program is relevant?  We need to begin shutting down the industrial military complex ownership of every district in America where facilities and jobs turn thinking congressmen as water carriers for this evil cabal.  Weapons proliferation and profit require wars.......wars require votes.......votes are bought and paid for.......it is time to make 25% cuts in our defense budget over the next twenty years.

Defense bore pretty much ALL of the sequestration cuts....when does WELFARE get cut?

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:The cuts have not even began.....

The military budget is not sacrosanct and will be cut much further in the years to come. It is going to take some brave Congressmen/women and Senators to do it. We will need to close some overseas bases and many at home, too.

Along with cuts to the military budget will come cuts to other things (social programs), and maybe even, Boomer Social Security.

Why doesn't WELFARE get cut?

2seaoat wrote:The world is a dangerous place, but military power is dependent on economic power.  When our infrastructure crumbles and we spend 25% too much on defense, our underlying economy weakens, and long term our ability to defend ourselves weakens.......we are going to decline as a superpower, not because we make necessary cuts, but because we fail to make those cuts and our economy becomes a third world provider of raw material and an exploited labor pool.....no the cuts cannot come soon enough.

No goddamnit don't switch...you said in the WORLD fukker now don't change oars in mid thread. Obama's done the work to weaken us as a superpower with the cuts already made. We have an exploited labor pool because govt allows companies like GE to pay no taxes and ship jobs overseas.

Start with that one function Ft Rucker which only serves the Army and move their stuff to Whiting which serves Navy, AF, Marines, and CG.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Start with that one function Ft Rucker which only serves the Army and move their stuff to Whiting which serves Navy, AF, Marines, and CG.

If it happens, that consolidation will likely go the other way. When I joined HT-8 as an instructor in 1981, I had to sign a paper saying I understood I could be transferred to Fort Rucker during my 3-year tour. And, if I bought a house in our area, I did so at my own risk. So, that threat has been around for more than 30 years. There is nothing done at Whiting Field that could not be consolidated somewhere else. Santa Rosans had better hold onto their seats. Even NAS Pensacola is not a vital installation, for that matter.

it appears seaoat is a traitor to the country. He has probably converted to islam and now has his wife held hostage in her bedroom.

I bet he wets his pants at the thought of a completely disarmed America where everyone else from all other countries rush in, take over and fuck his wife because he cant anymore.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Chrissy wrote:it appears seaoat is a traitor to the country. He has probably converted to islam and now has his wife held hostage in her bedroom.

I bet he wets his pants at the thought of a completely disarmed America where everyone else from all other countries rush in, take over and fuck his wife because he cant anymore.

You sorry, pathetic little beotch.

2seaoat

Chrissy and Pace appear to be unhappy. I wish I could find them happiness because they are rationalizing their existence in this perverse mirror which does not reflect reality and is heavily influenced by racial hate and bigotry where they believe somebody is lazy and is getting something for nothing, and the solution is slavery. Sorry, but the economic realities of this nation require those fearful folks who depend on the distortions of that mirror face reality. Defense spending must be reduced by 25% and consolidation and economy of scales must rule the day, not the profit of those companies whose bottom line depends on wars and conflicts to profit. Thinking Americans who care about our grandchildren know that the paradigm is broken, our wealth has been greatly reduced by foolish selfish illusions of trickle down, and in this real world we must become mean and lean, and pull the pigs of government subsidy from the trough.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

What Budget Cuts? America Still Has Way More Air Power Than Any Rival
Pentagon’s jet fighters equal Russia’s and China’s combined

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/632cb50bf529

Despite deep budget cuts in recent years, the U.S. armed forces still possess nearly twice as many jet fighters and bombers as Russia and twice as many as China. To match Washington’s aerial firepower, Moscow and Beijing would have to pool their front-line combat aircraft.

The current air-power balance is a useful reminder of the United States’ huge—and likely enduring—numerical weapons advantage over any potential adversary.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

DoD Research Chief: High Cost of Weapons Threatens Security

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20140517/DEFREG02/305170023

WASHINGTON — The high cost of the US Defense Department’s weapon programs threatens national security....  “I think we’ve had a long history ... of using our deep pockets as a competitive advantage on the battlefield and it has been a very effective strategy...."  “....Now it’s starting to shoot us in the foot.”

The agency is exploring ways to make weapons more flexible and cost effective.

I guess the obscene profits of the defense companies that make up the MIC need to be adjusted......

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Dude, believe it or not, the world is a dangerous place and Neville chamberlains such as yourself think sticking your head in the sand is the answer.

Let's try putting an end to weapons manufacturing of weapons not even the armed services want -- like more tanks, aircraft carriers, etc.

Let's shut down all but 100 overseas bases.

Let's stop pretending we can afford to police the world.

Let's cut the military budget 50% next week -- it would still leave us spending more than any combination of our possible enemies -- including China.

Let's get rid of deadwood military personnel. Muster'em out. Wham bam, thank you for your service, now get a job please.

2seaoat wrote:We are having endless congressional hearings on the death of four Americans, yet we spend 55 cents of every dollar in the world on defense spending, and we think what is said on a sunday news program is relevant?  We need to begin shutting down the industrial military complex ownership of every district in America where facilities and jobs turn thinking congressmen as water carriers for this evil cabal.  Weapons proliferation and profit require wars.......wars require votes.......votes are bought and paid for.......it is time to make 25% cuts in our defense budget over the next twenty years.

Where did this figure come from?  My sources say that in 2013 the United States spent 18% of its budget on defense. BTW, we spent 48% on Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security.

2seaoat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures
I have seen 48 to 55 %.........here are the actual numbers ......25% cuts may not be enough.

2seaoat wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures
I have seen 48 to 55 %.........here are the actual numbers ......25% cuts may not be enough.

What you said was the US spends 55 cents of every dollar in the world. I don't see that from the Wiki article.  If you're pointing out that the US is the top spender, yeah, I get that.  But I don't see the relationship between our rank in world defense spending and the percent of OUR OWN money, i.e., the US Budget, which I pointed out was 18% in 2013.  Do we need to spend less on defense? Perhaps, but we spend too much on all kinds of things.  The GD Congress is spineless when it comes to sticking to a budget and it continues to add to the debt, which is now at $17.5 Trillion. Even a modest across-the-board 10% decrease would be a start. (it would take a loooong time to dent the debt at that rate of reduction) But the GD Congress lacks the balls to do even that.

2seaoat

I would like to see the 25% cut over twenty years. It would be steady and predictable. We simply do not need to be carrying offensive wars to other places. Our carrier groups are insane. The problem is the next war will not be fought as the last war. We need more research and development, certainly unmanned drones, and improved laser weapons, but the idea that our carrier groups could not be wiped out entirely by tactical nuclear weapons is absurd. I am not the slightest bit worried about the other items in the budget until we get back in line with other nations in defense spending. I do not think across the board is how cuts should be made. We need a congress which will engage their brains and set priorities. Right now the defense budget needs to be reduced. Do we need bases in Germany, Italy, and South Korea? It is time to talk about real deep cuts, but NOT quickly....planned, consistent, and long term.

by ZVUGKTUBM Today at 5:54 pm
What Budget Cuts? America Still Has Way More Air Power Than Any Rival
Pentagon’s jet fighters equal Russia’s and China’s combined

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/632cb50bf529

Despite deep budget cuts in recent years, the U.S. armed forces still possess nearly twice as many jet fighters and bombers as Russia and twice as many as China. To match Washington’s aerial firepower, Moscow and Beijing would have to pool their front-line combat aircraft.

The current air-power balance is a useful reminder of the United States’ huge—and likely enduring—numerical weapons advantage over any potential adversary.

----
Says the man who cries wolf over the newer strike fighter China reverse engineered and the one carrier they still can't lauvh and recover off of at the same time.

If we paid our workers in slave labor dollars our budget wouldn't be whet it is at all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum