Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Uh Ohhh...74% of ObamaCare Enrollees ALREADY HAD INSURANCE...oops....

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Markle

Markle

Uh Ohhh...74% of ObamaCare Enrollees ALREADY HAD INSURANCE...oops....

A devastating new McKinsey & Co. report finds that ObamaCare's purported purpose – providing coverage for the previously uninsured – has failed.

Uh Ohhh...74% of ObamaCare Enrollees ALREADY HAD INSURANCE...oops.... PreviouslyUninsured_zps9316057f

http://healthcare.mckinsey.com/sites/default/files/McKinsey%20Reform%20Center_Individual%20Market%20Post%20OEP%20Trends.pdf

You have to uninsure the insured... to insure the uninsured... to claim success and do a low information touchdown dance.

Boards' head will explode now...

seems about right.

This isn't a little unknown company, this isn't a scared polling firm who's been caught manipulating data, this is a world wide very large top 10 company in the WORLD.

http://www.mckinsey.com/about_us

I think by the end of 2015 if not before the results of this disaster will be very noticeable. Its already very noticeable in the healthcare sector. I believe the ins companies will eventually bail when the gov pay offs end.

2seaoat

Our three bright stars which populate the universe of ignorance. At least the study had the integrity to state in their appendix that it was hardly reliable and could not compare to objective polls because they allowed subjective answers from two thousand people to extrapolate their findings......oh for our bright stars:

1 Our findings cannot be directly compared to publicly reported exchange enrollment data because our surveys
covered the entire individual market, not just the federal and state exchanges. Furthermore, our survey was
conducted only in English, and thus its findings cannot be compared against studies that included questions in
Spanish or other languages.

Oh, it gets better

Furthermore, we have
based our findings on how respondents described their behavior, attitudes, and demographics,
and the descriptions may naturally include some subjectivity. Nevertheless, the size of our
sample – 2,874 respondents eligible for qualified health plans (QHPs) in April;

If it was not such a small sample of eight million, or if it was not an admittedly a subjective test, they create an all time low bought and paid for poll result with this

2 Our surveys measured whether individuals were covered prior to the time of application (as defined by the
answer they gave to the question: “Which of the following best describes your primary insurance coverage in
2013? For most of the year I was covered by ….,” with those we defined as being previously uninsured answering
“I did not have health insurance, I was uninsured.”) Several other publicly reported OEP enrollment surveys (e.g.,
those from the Department of Health and Human Services, Gallup, and the New York State of Health
Marketplace) measured whether individuals currently had health insurance at the time of their application. Our
approach yields a lower estimate of the previously uninsured, because it distinguishes individuals who were
uninsured for the majority of 2013 from those who only very recently became uninsured as a result of a plan
cancellation. The latter group is categorized as previously insured in our survey. See the Appendix for a more
detailed comparison with other publicly reported surveys.

Now the best part.......instead of being a gallup poll with integrity, they are a hired gun which gets paid to get the results for their clients

We are passionate about taking on immense challenges that matter to our clients and, often, to the world.

Sorry you cannot go back a year in time and say a person had insurance a year ago, and say that a person HAD insurance. The small sample, the admitted subjective rather than objective standards, no questions in spanish or samples from those communities, and the best part our three bright stars want to overlook......this was a bought and paid for study......I think Boards independent studies of uninsured is an objective poll. This poll has so many footnotes trying to excuse the obvious slanted paid for results. Sorry stars.

My guess has been that we'll see about half of what's been touted as signups... 4m or about 1% of our population added to the new paying enrollees... w varying degrees of subsidy of course. Considering medicaid expansion... it's designed to fail.

2seaoat

My guess

Yep, something you said correctly, please check with Boards about the non guessing numbers......they are stunning as American are getting insured with pre conditions, and are no longer tethered to an employer......the black guy gave us the new emancipation proclamation. yesirreeeee and that is no guess at all.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I have seen too many people, including members of my family, who lost coverage because they lost their jobs. I mentioned my sister who worked most of her adult life in the insurance industry, including the last several years as an underwriter. She lost her job and told me, "Now I see what it's like for people who are uninsured." Then, there's my brother who was working overseas for the past several years. He got sick...and because he was out of the country, he could not immediately get COBRA...leaving him also sick and uninsured. These are not isolated incidences...this is what happens to people every day in this country because their health insurance coverage is tied to their jobs. Lose that job, and not only will most of them have a hard time paying bills, but they also are cut off from getting the medical treatment they need now more than ever.

And, for most people who were self-employed in the past, the premiums for coverage without a group were astronomical...not to mention coverage for their families. I covered my kids through Florida KidCare...paid small monthly premiums, but at least they could get medical care...then that ended when they turned 19. They had part-time jobs...but no medical coverage. That is changing.

And now, though it's very hard to talk about...I will mention my youngest brother, whom I lost in 2012. He had worked for a well known national franchise for 14 years. The owner had inherited the business from his parents but no longer wanted the responsibility of the day-to-day, so he allowed others to run the operation. I'm not going to enumerate all the problems my brother faced, suffice to say that he managed to get on the wrong side of the new management...again...lost his job and lost his health coverage. He was 49.

It will take a long time to iron out the flaws in the PPACA, but it's here to stay, so all you haters can suck it up.

I suppose you eat an enormous pile of shit the same way you eat an elephant... one bite at a time.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:I suppose you eat an enormous pile of shit the same way you eat an elephant... one bite at a time.

One thing I usually don't miss...that's a giant A**hole.

2seaoat

Pk is unable to comprehend.....so he pretends. Dixiecrat to the end. Will the moat and castle of your feudal system have a clay court?

I can't wait for the enormous bureaucratic monstrosity of our cental govt to administer to every facet of our lives.

Currency, market, trade, wealth, inheritance, retirement, privacy, possessions, health, diet, activity, housing, travel...

oh wait...

2seaoat

You are so right....deprivation, hunger, disease, war, chaos, and evil are such a wonderful alternative......you are welcomed to lead that life......forget your medical care.........civilization is too much for you to bear, and the idea that other folks actually have coverage......simply unacceptable.....so let us hire a firm to slant the results...........

You're right... liberty is dangerous. A person like you has every reason to fear it.

2seaoat

You're right... liberty is dangerous. A person like you has every reason to fear it.

I bet you thought you were Davy Crockett as a child.....coonskin cap and all that fantasy world.....grow up....government exists. In a democracy we control our destiny.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Our three bright stars which populate the universe of ignorance.  At least the study had the integrity to state in their appendix that it was hardly reliable and could not compare to objective polls because they allowed subjective answers from two thousand people to extrapolate their findings......oh for our bright stars:

1 Our findings cannot be directly compared to publicly reported exchange enrollment data because our surveys
covered the entire individual market, not just the federal and state exchanges. Furthermore, our survey was
conducted only in English, and thus its findings cannot be compared against studies that included questions in
Spanish or other languages.

Oh, it gets better

Furthermore, we have
based our findings on how respondents described their behavior, attitudes, and demographics,
and the descriptions may naturally include some subjectivity. Nevertheless, the size of our
sample – 2,874 respondents eligible for qualified health plans (QHPs) in April;

If it was not such a small sample of eight million, or if it was not an admittedly a subjective test, they create an all time low bought and paid for poll result with this

2 Our surveys measured whether individuals were covered prior to the time of application (as defined by the
answer they gave to the question: “Which of the following best describes your primary insurance coverage in
2013? For most of the year I was covered by ….,” with those we defined as being previously uninsured answering
“I did not have health insurance, I was uninsured.”) Several other publicly reported OEP enrollment surveys (e.g.,
those from the Department of Health and Human Services, Gallup, and the New York State of Health
Marketplace) measured whether individuals currently had health insurance at the time of their application. Our
approach yields a lower estimate of the previously uninsured, because it distinguishes individuals who were
uninsured for the majority of 2013 from those who only very recently became uninsured as a result of a plan
cancellation. The latter group is categorized as previously insured in our survey. See the Appendix for a more
detailed comparison with other publicly reported surveys.

Now the best part.......instead of being a gallup poll with integrity, they are a hired gun which gets paid to get the results for their clients

We are passionate about taking on immense challenges that matter to our clients and, often, to the world.

Sorry you cannot go back a year in time and say a person had insurance a year ago, and say that a person HAD insurance.  The small sample, the admitted subjective rather than objective standards, no questions in spanish or samples from those communities, and the best part our three bright stars want to overlook......this was a bought and paid for study......I think Boards independent studies of uninsured is an objective poll.  This poll has so many footnotes trying to excuse the obvious slanted paid for results.   Sorry stars.

The sample, of nearly 3,000 out of 8 million is HUGE. I realize you do NOT like the results. Life is tough. Suck it up.

2seaoat wrote:You're right... liberty is dangerous. A person like you has every reason to fear it.

I bet you thought you were Davy Crockett as a child.....coonskin cap and all that fantasy world.....grow up....government exists.  In a democracy we control our destiny.

Uh Ohhh...74% of ObamaCare Enrollees ALREADY HAD INSURANCE...oops.... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYCuRUk6wTAjkGozFw51ksrSgZeFv3trQsqprMw1lZxDEYSKeU7w

Yeah right. Government always has everyone's best interests in mind and there's no fear that it could possibly turn on you or a group of people because they don't use the right underarm deoderant...

*****SARCASTIC SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLWsK1ZFunA

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 5/12/2014, 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

FYI they have surveyed almost 10,000 people.

To date, we have completed five rounds of surveys:
■ Nov. 25 to Dec. 6, 2013: sample size of 1,846
■ Dec. 16 to Dec. 20, 2013: sample size of 1,677
■ Jan. 6 to Jan. 10, 2014: sample size of 1,040
■ Feb. 4 to Feb. 13, 2014: sample size of 2,096
■ Apr. 7 to Apr. 16, 2014: sample size of 2,874
Methodology
Each

They are compiling data. This is a veery legitimate company.

2seaoat

Yeah right. Government always has everyone's best interests in mind and there's no fear that it could possibly turn on you or a group of people because they don't use the right underarm deoderant...

I am not trying to be a smart asz or ridicule you. I have a few questions. Your pattern is to post on this forum late. Do you work a second shift job? Also, you have never talked about drinking or drug use. Do you do either? Do you ever post here after drinking or using drugs? You know do you get off work at 5 and eat dinner have a few drinks watch tv and then visit here......or are you like Hallmark and you do not drink or take drugs.

I can tell you I no longer drink and take no drugs which alter my capacity, but four years ago I would be drinking when I posted late at night, and my posts were similar to yours.

2seaoat wrote:
I am not trying to be a smart asz or ridicule you.

You do it to myself and others all the time. Why stop now?

2seaoat wrote:I have a few questions.

You can ask... Doesn't mean I'll answer them. After all you and the other  liberals around here rarely do.

2seaoat wrote:Your pattern is to post on this forum late.

Yeah so?

2seaoat wrote:Do you work a second shift job?

Actually I'm self employed. Not that it's any of your business.

2seaoat wrote:Also, you have never talked about drinking or drug use. Do you do either?

I've mentioned it. You just weren't paying attention.

2seaoat wrote:Do you ever post here after drinking or using drugs?

Why do you ask?

2seaoat wrote:You know do you get off work at 5 and eat dinner have a few drinks watch tv and then visit here......or are you like Hallmark and you do not drink or take drugs.

I really don't see where that's any of your business. However the Imp will tell you that on the DMR my response to someone asking me that question was...

'Only caffeine and nicotine.'

2seaoat wrote:I can tell you I no longer drink and take no drugs which alter my capacity, but four years ago I would be drinking when I posted late at night, and my posts were similar to yours.

Oh!!!!! So that's what this is all about. You're attempting to discredit me in the typical supposedly enlightened progressive liberal pathetic sort of way... Unfortunately for you I quit drinking in that manner long before it killed off the brain cells that you, and most of the other liberals around here, have obviously killed off.

Uh Ohhh...74% of ObamaCare Enrollees ALREADY HAD INSURANCE...oops.... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlCza4IEiB1gqQEij48e2q-mbJIv8vgaNFH7xSFL6pisamvGFJXQ

*****ROFLMAO*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-e2bptjUOc

Very Happy

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I suppose you eat an enormous pile of shit the same way you eat an elephant... one bite at a time.

Uh Ohhh...74% of ObamaCare Enrollees ALREADY HAD INSURANCE...oops.... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqIp_cKrsJhGCj6NPtPI22CLzH51C8w4THlg1ZOf6tdPW3uITe

Perhaps you shouldn't have worn those round heels so often when you were younger and chose partners with a better aim.

Does it make it hard for you to wipe?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW_HCdU-qEY

Razz

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 5/13/2014, 1:14 am; edited 3 times in total

Uh Ohhh...74% of ObamaCare Enrollees ALREADY HAD INSURANCE...oops.... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbjN-uX2B8FtjxnaBnJVhfOSxTFBxXtjI-9RLUZhen0GOfMJeSvg

It's to bad the Imp isn't responding any more. Back on the DMR he'd be laughing his a$$ off at that last response.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkGrkNu6mDg

Smile 

PkrBum wrote:I can't wait for the enormous bureaucratic monstrosity of our cental govt to administer to every facet of our lives.

Currency, market,  trade, wealth, inheritance, retirement, privacy, possessions, health, diet, activity, housing, travel...

oh wait...

Uh Ohhh...74% of ObamaCare Enrollees ALREADY HAD INSURANCE...oops.... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ1FtSPv9SWjEZ3lqEym0yThvSKsRUMgv7qJxoJbrA-EymZZc5

It's bound to reach critical mass and implode on itself from all the weight.

The question that concerns me is...

Will it be like a nova or a black hole when it happens?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNnAvTTaJjM

Smile 

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Uh Ohhh...74% of ObamaCare Enrollees ALREADY HAD INSURANCE...oops.... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqIp_cKrsJhGCj6NPtPI22CLzH51C8w4THlg1ZOf6tdPW3uITe

Perhaps you shouldn't have worn those round heels so often when you were younger and chose partners with a better aim.

Does it make it hard for you to wipe?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW_HCdU-qEY

Razz

I'm LMAO  Laughing 

Sal

Sal

Uh Ohhh...74% of ObamaCare Enrollees ALREADY HAD INSURANCE...oops.... Obamacare-not-covered-toles

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum