Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ohhh shucks. Worried they might have to work. Federal workers worry about their jobs under Trump

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Ohhh shucks. Worried they might have to work. I'm sure that's upsetting.

Federal workers worry about their jobs under Trump
Baltimore Sun
January 8, 2017
John Fritze

Federal workers nationwide are bracing for reductions in head counts, civil service protections and salaries when President-elect Donald Trump and Congress turn their attention to government spending later this year.

Trump, who ran on a promise to "drain the swamp," has identified hiring freezes at most federal agencies as a top priority for his early days in office. Republican lawmakers, many of whom have long advocated for reducing Washington's workforce, are looking to cut benefits and make it easier to fire poor performers.

The threats and preliminary steps taken by Congress have created anxiety for many of the government's 2.1 million employees.

[...]

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/federal-workers-worry-about-their-jobs-under-trump/ar-BBy2Xlu

I hope they can dissolve the public unions too. Govt unions are unchecked and unfair to the citizenry.

2seaoat

I hope they can dissolve the public unions too. Govt unions are unchecked and unfair to the citizenry.

I doubt that would include police and fire. The attack on government unions always exclude police who when challenged slow down and do not issue citations or do their job. It is a complete hypocrisy when they go after teacher unions because they typically support Democrats, but do not go after police who traditionally vote republican. The double standard makes me reluctant to get on board with reduction of public unions where it appears to simply be politics rather than reductions in government spending and efficiency. In my opinion the areas requiring the biggest budget cuts are fire and police which is politically suicide, so we just keep increasing salaries and adding people. In the small town I grew up in we had a part time police officer who knew every kid in town. The town doubled in population in fifty years and now has 24 full time and part time officers and a new six million dollar police station. The police, fire, library, village once shared a simple two story building, now each have multi million dollar buildings with the population only doubling. It is disgraceful how police and fire have grown unchecked in America, yet it is teachers who get attacked.

Markle

Markle

PkrBum wrote:I hope they can dissolve the public unions too. Govt unions are unchecked and unfair to the citizenry.

ABSOLUTELY!

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:I hope they can dissolve the public unions too. Govt unions are unchecked and unfair to the citizenry.

I doubt that would include police and fire.  The attack on government unions always exclude police who when challenged slow down and do not issue citations or do their job.  It is a complete hypocrisy when they go after teacher unions because they typically support Democrats, but do not go after police who traditionally vote republican. Ohhh shucks.  Worried they might have to work.  Federal workers worry about their jobs under Trump 6117dd60-5286-4e72-aca8-16189154dc12_zpskdnlvjte The double standard makes me reluctant to get on board with reduction of public unions where it appears to simply be politics rather than reductions in government spending and efficiency.   In my opinion the areas requiring the biggest budget cuts are fire and police which is politically suicide, so we just keep increasing salaries and adding people.  In the small town I grew up in we had a part time police officer who knew every kid in town.  The town doubled in population in fifty years and now has 24 full time and part time officers and a new six million dollar police station.   The police, fire, library, village once shared a simple two story building, now each have multi million dollar buildings with the population only doubling.  It is disgraceful how police and fire have grown unchecked in America, yet it is teachers who get attacked.

Police and fire are NOT FEDERAL EMPLOYEES.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum