Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pensacola Tourism Film 1964

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pensacola Tourism Film 1964  Empty Pensacola Tourism Film 1964 5/2/2014, 10:41 pm

Another good one.

3Pensacola Tourism Film 1964  Empty Florida High Spots 1957 5/2/2014, 10:52 pm

Florida High Spots 1957 My Father folks lived about 4 blocks from the main gate of the Horse race track in Hialeah.

Mr Ichi wrote:

I was just a wee lass of 3 in 1964. But I definitely remember a lot of these things from my early childhood. Daddy took us on "Sunday drives" and we always went down South Palafox to go around the Auditorium (no longer there) and then out to the airport to watch the planes come in. You could park right by the fence beyond the old terminal and watch them roll the stairs out so the travelers could disembark. Oh...always stopped by Dairy Queen for ice cream.  Very Happy 

Love the beach without all the buildings.  Sad Miss that.

I was 21 going on 22 in August 0f 64. I had just joined the Army. Basic training, then Army School, then to Fort Hood for a little while. It was a long year for me. I enjoyed Downtown and the Beach and most everything. It was good place to be. Hoped you enjoyed the Video.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

My jukebox collector picker partner friend here has one of these.
It's called a Scopitone and it's the first "video jukebox" which came out
in the 60's.  Instead of records,  it plays several dozen film cassettes
of music videos.  And incidentally the films made for these things are also
the first "music videos" of any kind.
Anyway,  your Pensacola tourism film is so so so suitable for the Scopitone.
He's gonna contact Dodson Craddock and Born to see if whoever has the film will let him duplicate it.  
It'll have to be edited down to 4 minutes because that's the standard length of a Scopitone movie.  But the editing will be the fun part.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scopitone

Last edited by Bob on 5/3/2014, 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

That's the Pensacola that I was born in. Shewrites and I are close to the same age. The video makes me want to drive west from here...but it's not the same today. I guess that's when you know you're getting old....nostalgia.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

The Downtown Crowd of 1964 must have put that piece together.

I first passed through here in 1968 at age 16. I was on a bus tour of the United States with a group of teens out of our hometown in Bakersfield, CA. My, things have changed a lot here in the intervening years....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum