Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can someone please explain to me what Joe Biden does to make him worth $230,000/year of taxpayer money?

+3
Slicef18
Markle
Hospital Bob
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Slicef18

Slicef18

Bob wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:
Yella wrote:Can someone please tell me why Al Stubblefield, CEO of Baptist Hospital, is paid $900,000 a year, about $18,000 a week while he charges astronomical fees for procedures. He is not a Doctor. Or a CPA. But he is lucky. He hit the Healthcare Jackpot! I have raised this subject before and am always amazed at the number of people here who see nothing wrong.

$230,000 for Joe Biden is a drop in the bucket.

Mr Stubblefield's day is very full.
Compare Stubblefied's day with the day of an ER doctor or a rank and file nurse and I don't think you'll find Stubblefield's day to be all that big a deal in comparison.
And then compare Stubblefield's compensation to either one of those and still try to tell me it's equitable.

"still try to tell me it's equitable."

Not at all. Only you and God know the truth about Stubblefield's compensation.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

No it has nothing to do with god, slice. I'm just not that big anymore on the notion that corporate CEO's in general are deserving of all the compensation they receive. The Wall Street CEO's, the health insurance company CEO's, and a host of others have made me a skeptic.
Sure I realize there are exceptions and this baptist character may be the salt of the earth and we all need to get down on our knees and give thanks that he's the monkey muck over. And he could be worth every penny of the 900 grand. But for me to accept that I really need some convincing information in support of it.

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:
Yella wrote:Can someone please tell me why Al Stubblefield, CEO of Baptist Hospital, is paid $900,000 a year, about $18,000 a week while he charges astronomical fees for procedures. He is not a Doctor. Or a CPA. But he is lucky. He hit the Healthcare Jackpot! I have raised this subject before and am always amazed at the number of people here who see nothing wrong.

Compare Stubblefied's day with the day of an ER doctor or a rank and file nurse and I don't think you'll find Stubblefield's day to be all that big a deal in comparison.
And then compare Stubblefield's compensation to either one of those and still try to tell me it's equitable.

As to Stubblefield's responsibility consider this scenario:

His secretary hands him a document one morning, it is a law suit from a patient who complained of abdominal pain after surgery. The surgeon said it would take time for the healing.He went to another doctor who ordered Xrays which revealed a hemostat left in by the surgical team.He told the secretary to get the Director of Surgery and the Director of Legal Services to come in immediately.
He tells them they have a problem and to handle it since he has a golf tee time with the Mayor in an hour.

His work is delegation, not medicine. His secretary probably knows more about his responsibility than he does.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Slicef18

Slicef18

I understand what you're saying. I do know in healthcare when the Board of Directors establishes an executive compensation package they look at other executives package considering, total dollar of business being done, number of facilities, number of employees, types of services offered plus other factors.
These executive compensation packages have been getting out of hand for over a generation. A generation ago, executives were paid 20 times that of the average wage earner. Today that executive number is 200 times the average wage earner.

You dont go into politics to "Become Wealthy".

Being a politician si SUPPOSED to be a service to your country and fello man. is a lot.

Running a hospital is a bussiness. People go into bussiness to become wealthy if they are good enough to get that far up.

and anyone who thinks its a walk in the park is well, ignorant.

The stress alone in those types of positions is enough to kill you.

The THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of problems, regulations, budgets, charity work decsions, loans, bond rate worries, employee healthcare negotiations, trying to gain market share, and so much more, then top that off with the fact that Al really does meet with his employees and go to seminars with them to inspire them is a lot.

I respect Al Stubblefield. He's a nice freindly man. and has a great sense of humor.

Does he deserve 900,000 a year, well its the standard going rate for running a healthcare system. anyone who has a problem with it should go run thier own healthcare system.

I never see anyone complain about how much people in hollywood make or football players.

maybe we should nationalize hollywood too since everybody at least once in thier life partakes in it. Isnt that the excuse we get for nationalizing our healthcare here is that everybody uses it once in thier life.

well, maybe people could pay for valuble services if entertainment was nationalized and was cheaper because we all know where the values are in this country.

Slicef18

Slicef18

Yella wrote:
Bob wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:

His secretary hands him a document one morning, it is a law suit from a patient who complained of abdominal pain after surgery. The surgeon said it would take time for the healing.He went to another doctor who ordered Xrays which revealed a hemostat left in by the surgical team.He told the secretary to get the Director of Surgery and the Director of Legal Services to come in immediately.
He tells them they have a problem and to handle it since he has a golf tee time with the Mayor in an hour.

His work is delegation, not medicine. His secretary probably knows more about his responsibility than he does.

"His work is delegation, not medicine."

Delegation is but a small portion of Stubblefield's tasks. He is the President and CEO of the entire Baptist Healthcare organizations. As for the golf game in one hour he will be joined by Dr. John M. Bray, Medical Director Baptist Hospital and Dr. Robert Harriman, Senior Vice President of Baptist Health Care, a Baptist Leadership Group Consultant, and Administrator of Gulf Breeze Hospital, the Andrews Institute of Orthopedic and Sports Medicine, and Baptist Medical Park–Navarre.
They will be golfing with Mr. W. Pothuerst a widower interested in leaving a substantial endowment to Baptist Medical Care after his death.

Slicef18 wrote:
Yella wrote:
Bob wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:

"His work is delegation, not medicine."

Delegation is but a small portion of Stubblefield's tasks. He is the President and CEO of the entire Baptist Healthcare organizations. As for the golf game in one hour he will be joined by Dr. John M. Bray, Medical Director Baptist Hospital and Dr. Robert Harriman, Senior Vice President of Baptist Health Care, a Baptist Leadership Group Consultant, and Administrator of Gulf Breeze Hospital, the Andrews Institute of Orthopedic and Sports Medicine, and Baptist Medical Park–Navarre.
They will be golfing with Mr. W. Pothuerst a widower interested in leaving a substantial endowment to Baptist Medical Care after his death.

Slice, ensuring donations to the community owned non profit healthcare system that tends to the needy of the community is not what these people consider work. They are experts at getting people to donate them substantial cash.

They are so good at it that I wish they would get off thier asses and start a charity to help those with out insurance and we wouldnt need any healthcare overhaul at all.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Chrissy8 wrote:

I never see anyone complain about how much people in hollywood make or football players.

I think many of them at the top are grossly over-hyped and grossly overcompensated.
Especially when they still get that gross overcompensation when the movie tanks and their performance tanks. And especially when there are so many entertainers who routinely turn in work as valuable and creative and talented as they do and they still have to wait tables to make a living.

I know it makes me a commie to say this, but the thing that sticks in my craw is what slice pointed out in an earlier post. Which is that enormous growing gap in compensation between a select few and the rest. I apply that to CEO's and I apply it to entertainers and athletes and the Joe Bidens and whatever else.
I just don't believe ANYONE is actually justified in receiving the enormous over-the -top amount of money some do receive. I think in these hard times we're experiencing now they're all due for a pay cut. But especially every damn one of them in Congress.

Last edited by Bob on 8/22/2012, 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But then again I'm The Sultan of Cheap so that will always influence my thinking on this.
I just cannot imagine any scenario in which I would EVEN WANT to receive the amount of money some do. For any reason. I'm just not motivated by something like that.

For example, my lifelong dream is to have a work of writing be published in some way.
But if it ever happens I'll give the damn thing away. If I had the talent to make that happen I'd just put it up on the internet to read for free.
I guess I'm weird.

Bob wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:

I think many of them at the top are grossly over-hyped and grossly overcompensated.
Especially when they still get that gross overcompensation when the movie tanks and their performance tanks.

I know it makes me a commie to say this, but the thing that sticks in my craw is what slice pointed out in an earlier post. Which is that enormous growing gap in compensation between a select few and the rest. I apply that to CEO's and I apply it to entertainers and athletes and the Joe Bidens and whatever else.
I just don't believe ANYONE is actually justified in receiving the enormous over-the -top amount of money some do receive. I think in these hard times we're experiencing now they're all due for a pay cut. But especially every damn one of them in Congress.

there is a growing gap in groups of people these days. Please allow me to give feedback as to part of the problem.

we have more wealthy people because we have more people who depend on Gov. Dont laugh yet.

The wealthy are consolidated at the top, because they are the few tending to the poor suckers like myself trying to live in this damn world as some sort of working middle class work yourself to death idea as long as you pay those taxes.

then theres the other group. They barely try to join that foolish group above working themselves to death because its too easy to get some foodstamps, housing, cell phone, internet while they work under the table paying for that hummer.

We are almost officially mexico.

Bob wrote:...I'm weird.

No doubt about it.

(but we still love ya)

(platonically, of course)

Yomama wrote:

No doubt about it.

(but we still love ya)

Weird people are my favorite kind of people actually.

Id rather have 1 weird person to talk to than a entire villiage of whatever those other people are called.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yomama wrote:

No doubt about it.
Don't worry, my on and off and on again girlfriend (of sorts) can beat you or anyone else with one arm tied behind her back when it comes to letting me know all the varied and numerous ways I'm weird. She's made it her life's work. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But don't tell her I said this, she's as goddamn weird as I am. In my opinion even weirder. lol

Bob wrote:But don't tell her I said this, she's as goddamn weird as I am. In my opinion even weirder. lol

Apparently, I never get a chance. (We're not convinced that she is real.)

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yomama wrote:

Apparently, I never get a chance. (We're not convinced that she is real.)
Yelladawg can vouch for her existence. He actually got to meet her. She slipped up though when it happened and it was not intentional. She has less "sightings" than a flying saucer. lol

Slicef18

Slicef18

I agree, and the entire system is geared to more of the same. Here's how it happens. The CEO usually hand picks the Board of Directors. The Board members compensation for "Service To The Company" is usually several hundred to several thousand dollars a month in exchange for their coming in to corporate meetings once or twice a month. The CEO will tell board members, a survey of other corporations of the same size and type are compensating their CEO at a higher rate. The Board of Directors know a loss of this CEO could and probably would mean they would loose their position on the Board and the compensation that goes with it. The CEO's compensation package is adjusted upward to the level of the surveyed companies. As a sign of gratitude to the Board members diligence and generosity the CEO announces he's raising the monthly compensation of the Members of the Board. This back and forth has been going on for generations.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Slicef18 wrote:I agree, and the entire system is geared to more of the same. Here's how it happens. The CEO usually hand picks the Board of Directors. The Board members compensation for "Service To The Company" is usually several hundred to several thousand dollars a month in exchange for their coming in to corporate meetings once or twice a month. The CEO will tell board members, a survey of other corporations of the same size and type are compensating their CEO at a higher rate. The Board of Directors know a loss of this CEO could and probably would mean they would loose their position on the Board and the compensation that goes with it. The CEO's compensation package is adjusted upward to the level of the surveyed companies. As a sign of gratitude to the Board members diligence and generosity the CEO announces he's raising the monthly compensation of the Members of the Board. This back and forth has been going on for generations.
I'm confused. If you think all this goes on then why should we not suspect it also happens with hospital boards and hospital CEO's?

Slicef18

Slicef18

Bob wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:I agree, and the entire system is geared to more of the same. Here's how it happens. The CEO usually hand picks the Board of Directors. The Board members compensation for "Service To The Company" is usually several hundred to several thousand dollars a month in exchange for their coming in to corporate meetings once or twice a month. The CEO will tell board members, a survey of other corporations of the same size and type are compensating their CEO at a higher rate. The Board of Directors know a loss of this CEO could and probably would mean they would loose their position on the Board and the compensation that goes with it. The CEO's compensation package is adjusted upward to the level of the surveyed companies. As a sign of gratitude to the Board members diligence and generosity the CEO announces he's raising the monthly compensation of the Members of the Board. This back and forth has been going on for generations.
I'm confused. If you think all this goes on then why should we not suspect it also happens with hospital boards and hospital CEO's?

Trust me, it does at all but the smallest hospitals where Members of the Board are likely to be local farmers and businessmen and women from the community. Other than that, hospitals are little different from the other corporations.

Chrissy8 wrote:
Yomama wrote:

No doubt about it.

(but we still love ya)

Weird people are my favorite kind of people actually.

Id rather have 1 weird person to talk to than a entire villiage of whatever those other people are called.

Can someone please explain to me what Joe Biden does to make him worth $230,000/year of taxpayer money? - Page 2 Heart_eclipse

I like talking to you darlin'.

*****WARM SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-sCrhRPCMg

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum