Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can someone please explain to me what Joe Biden does to make him worth $230,000/year of taxpayer money?

+3
Slicef18
Markle
Hospital Bob
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And of course that $230k/year is just the start. It costs millions more for his airplanes and limousines and housing and health care and bodyguards and all the rest.
But I'm dead serious about this. Here is this person who occasionally runs his mouth and stupid shit comes out and that's about all he does as far as I can tell.
If I was king that retard would be out on his ass yesterday. And so would all the money borrowed from your grandchildren to keep him living in luxury.
The good folks who just cooked my Whataburger are far more valuable to me than that dickhead ever thought about being. He is worth nothing to me. Nothing.

Sometimes I laugh when he speaks. At least he isn't making any decisions... that's gotta be worth something.

Markle

Markle

I'm sure lots of stand up comedians make that much and more. It might have something to do with Union Scale.

Can someone please explain to me what Joe Biden does to make him worth $230,000/year of taxpayer money? Th?id=I5022041501598087&pid=1

He gave up his job as a comedian, or was it airline pilot?, and moved into politics of course...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzAXb7qCCAo

Laughing

Slicef18

Slicef18

I think it's nowhere near the compensation some of Wallstreet's CEO's receive for doing a poor job.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Slicef18 wrote:I think it's nowhere near the compensation some of Wallstreet's CEO's receive for doing a poor job.
I agree. If you watched this last night then not only were they grossly overcompensated but they also need to be behind bars for lying through their teeth to people who believed their lies and because of that lost their life savings...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-57491089/the-case-against-lehman-brothers/?tag=contentMain;cbsCarousel[url][/url][url][/url]

But, yours is the same old argument I see for just about everything.
That argument is when someone points out that Ted Bundy was a piece of shit, someone else always comes along to respond that "Charles Manson was a piece of shit too".

And my reaction to that is just because Manson was a piece of shit does not change the fact that Bundy was also a piece of shit.

Slicef18

Slicef18

SmugBastard(akaBob) wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:I think it's nowhere near the compensation some of Wallstreet's CEO's receive for doing a poor job.
I agree. If you watched this last night then not only were they grossly overcompensated but they also need to be behind bars for lying through their teeth to people who believed their lies and because of that lost their life savings...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-57491089/the-case-against-lehman-brothers/?tag=contentMain;cbsCarousel[url][/url][url][/url]

But, yours is the same old argument I see for just about everything.
That argument is when someone points out that Ted Bundy was a piece of shit, someone else always comes along to respond that "Charles Manson was a piece of shit too".

And my reaction to that is just because Manson was a piece of shit does not change the fact that Bundy was also a piece of shit.

So let me put that in the affirmative.

Joe Biden is paid that amount because he's President of the Senate and anybody holding the position of President of the Senate would be given that compensation, even Charles Manson. Of course with Manson, you know you're dealing with a crook.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Slicef18 wrote:

Joe Biden is paid that amount because he's President of the Senate
Yes that's absolutely true and Ernie Lee Magaha was whatever fancy ass title he was too when he was contributing nothing to the good of the people paying his salary.
We got rid of Magaha and now hopefully we can get rid of this chump too.
Magaha and the Senate this idiot represents both had/have about a 10% approval rating. When we can't get rid of the hangers on like this then I suggest we at least reduce their compensation to 10% of what it is. Although that will still be more compensation than the person who cooked my Whataburger and that person actually accomplishes something worthwhile.

joe biden is a useful idiot. having him allows obama to have outrageous things said to the public about the oponent while leaving obama unscathed. obama should pay him under the table with his own money for the dirty poitical favors he does for him.

SmugBastard(akaBob) wrote:And of course that $230k/year is just the start. .

One thing he does is so valuable to BHO that Biden probably gets under the table bonuses - and that is distract everyone from the total incompetence of BHO by frequently making stupendous gaffes.

nochain wrote:
SmugBastard(akaBob) wrote:And of course that $230k/year is just the start. .

One thing he does is so valuable to BHO that Biden probably gets under the table bonuses - and that is distract everyone from the total incompetence of BHO by frequently making stupendous gaffes.

He has provided an opportunity to the COWH to not have to answer questions about being a failure...Things are getting SO bad that Hillary said 'NO' to the possibility of being the #2...Usually it takes a president two terms to have people start distancing themselves and he's done it in less than four...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

*~*Tree*~* wrote:joe biden is a useful idiot. having him allows obama to have outrageous things said to the public about the oponent while leaving obama unscathed. obama should pay him under the table with his own money for the dirty poitical favors he does for him.
If that's the case then it must be a really braindead public he's talking to. Because nothing he's ever said has convinced me of anything except that he's got a bad case of mouth diarrea.

Nekochan

Nekochan

He's a clown, but his pay is a drop in the bucket. I think in the old days he would have been the court jester.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:He's a clown, but his pay is a drop in the bucket. I think in the old days he would have been the court jester.
Compared to a $3 trillion budget, every single expenditure by itself is a "drop in the bucket". But when you total up the entire cost of what we're paying to have a Congress, the figure is staggerging.
So tell me this, what exactly is this Congress doing right now to benefit us? What is it doing to justify what it's costing us? What is it doing period?
Because for the life of me I just do not know.
Right now, if it was put to a referendum, I would vote to replace the whole shebang with a dictator if we could get one for a hundred grand a year and he pays all his expenses out of that hundred grand salary (like I've had to do all my life except with a lot less than a hundred grand).

Nekochan

Nekochan

Well, he was elected by the people and he gets a salary. I don't like him but he has to get paid because he's the VP.

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

He makes Obama look good.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:Well, he was elected by the people and he gets a salary. I don't like him but he has to get paid because he's the VP.
So were a hundred others. And none of them did a damn thing of any benefit either. With many of them we would have been better off if we didn't even have that "office".

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This so-called government has not only become something totally dysfunctional, it's actually become a detriment to our whole society.
And no not because it's fucking republican or because it's democrat.
Those two things are becoming totally meaningless and irrelevant.

SmugBastard(akaBob) wrote:This so-called government has not only become something totally dysfunctional, it's actually become a detriment to our whole society.

Can someone please explain to me what Joe Biden does to make him worth $230,000/year of taxpayer money? Facts-about-cat-cat-walk

So is the use of the word Neo-Conservative when attempting to attach some label or meaning to it...

...So your point is?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYiwxM_RVEI

Smile

Slicef18

Slicef18

Bob wrote:This so-called government has not only become something totally dysfunctional, it's actually become a detriment to our whole society.
[quote]

"This so-called government has become something totally dysfunctional."

This is very true, and a result of becoming too large. The larger an organization becomes, the more inefficient it's operation, and it's message reason to exist becomes muddied. Eventually it's mission is to not loose jobs or influence. WalMart is an exception to this, but as Walmart grows, the attributes and employee creature comforts stay the same. Innovative thinking, leadership through service, and above all, our commitment to saving people money so they can live better.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Slicef18 wrote:

This is very true, and a result of becoming too large. The larger an organization becomes, the more inefficient it's operation, and it's message reason to exist becomes muddied. Eventually it's mission is to not loose jobs .

That is very well put and with the part I've put in bold text you've just nailed what has happened to us, slice.
Our own Congressional district is a prime example. The primary definition of "federal government" for all the political and business leaders and all the media in our Congressional district is federal spending to give us local jobs.
The decisions to appropriate and allocate money for our district have only one goal and that's to maintain this artificial economy being kept alive with federal spending.
Whenever anyone even questions the wisdom or the need for the local military installations to receive more federal money, there is an automatic groundswell of local opposition thrown up to challenge that questioning. No matter the merits. The politicians and business leaders make speeches opposing any attempt to reduce federal spending. And the newspaper and Channel 3 run storys and editorials telling us how that will "hurt the national defense" (because the local media are really just mouthpieces for the same business leaders who buy advertising from them). It's always that it's "hurting the national defense". When we all know what it really is. It's jobs and protecting the economic base of our area which is now dependent for it's survival on federal spending.

But it's like this across the country. The economies of most Congressional districts now rely on the federal pork barrel in one way or another. It's become a giant parasite that without it all those local economies would suffer and many would collapse (including our own).
We've created this federal spending monster and frankly it's so big and out of control now that I don't see how it can ever be reigned in.

So now we have a situation in which our elected legislators (like Jeff Miller) in Congress have one main job description. And that's to get federal money spent in each's district. That's all Jeff Miller has to do to keep his job for as long as he wants. Nothing else is significant.

It all has so very little to do with the constant drivel we're being fed from the media that "it all boils down to democrats being commies and republicans being job creators". Or "democrats trying to protect the poor people from being run over by the rich people", or any of the rest of that inane claptrap we all want to hear.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:This so-called government has not only become something totally dysfunctional, it's actually become a detriment to our whole society.

No...they're not irrelevant. There are very basic ideological differences between the parties...or among the parties...since there are other parties.

Yella

Yella

Can someone please tell me why Al Stubblefield, CEO of Baptist Hospital, is paid $900,000 a year, about $18,000 a week while he charges astronomical fees for procedures. He is not a Doctor. Or a CPA. But he is lucky. He hit the Healthcare Jackpot! I have raised this subject before and am always amazed at the number of people here who see nothing wrong.

$230,000 for Joe Biden is a drop in the bucket.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Slicef18

Slicef18

Yella wrote:Can someone please tell me why Al Stubblefield, CEO of Baptist Hospital, is paid $900,000 a year, about $18,000 a week while he charges astronomical fees for procedures. He is not a Doctor. Or a CPA. But he is lucky. He hit the Healthcare Jackpot! I have raised this subject before and am always amazed at the number of people here who see nothing wrong.

Sure.
(a) Al Stubblefield, CEO of Baptist Hospital, is paid $900,000 a year because the Baptist Board of Directors believes it's worth paying him that to stay as head of the Baptist organization.....more later

(b) Charges for the patients is determined by, The Joint Commission (TJC), formerly the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) (look it up)

Mr. Stubblefield is responsible for Baptist Hospital Pensacola, Baptist Towers, Baptist Hospital Gulf Breeze, Baptist Nine Mile Center, Lakeview Center, Baptist Home Health and Baptist LifeFlight's five separate helicopters. Mr Stubblefield's day is very full.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Slicef18 wrote:
Yella wrote:Can someone please tell me why Al Stubblefield, CEO of Baptist Hospital, is paid $900,000 a year, about $18,000 a week while he charges astronomical fees for procedures. He is not a Doctor. Or a CPA. But he is lucky. He hit the Healthcare Jackpot! I have raised this subject before and am always amazed at the number of people here who see nothing wrong.

Mr Stubblefield's day is very full.
Compare Stubblefied's day with the day of an ER doctor or a rank and file nurse and I don't think you'll find Stubblefield's day to be all that big a deal in comparison.
And then compare Stubblefield's compensation to either one of those and still try to tell me it's equitable.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum