Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

IQ test see what you get!

+3
Nekochan
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26IQ test see what you get! - Page 2 Empty Re: IQ test see what you get! 4/21/2014, 6:25 pm

2seaoat wrote:I did pretty good. Thanks....Let Mr Stang bad mouth me now!!!

I would trade 10 IQ points for some of your common sense, and certainly Mr. Stang will even recognize sometimes we all make decisions where perhaps we do not use our full capacity.....so I do not think he will be throwing rocks.

Did you take it,Oats?

27IQ test see what you get! - Page 2 Empty Re: IQ test see what you get! 4/21/2014, 6:28 pm

:)Hey dreams I the first acre is my first try just waking up out if bed I posted it by paste I'm a honest person

I'm also perfectly fine with my results

You however and some nope nOt honest

I could have taken that test more and posted a higher score but I have nothing to prove to this place either

I do well that's all that matters

The fact I posted a hOnest score says something about me

Lots of smart people in here also lots of cheaters I bet too lol

Take your time you gave all day and night for some

"Hey dreams I the first acre is my first try just waking up out if bed I posted it by paste I'm a honest person"

This says enough.

28IQ test see what you get! - Page 2 Empty Re: IQ test see what you get! 4/21/2014, 6:43 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Well the 140's are a dime a dozen around here.

29IQ test see what you get! - Page 2 Empty Re: IQ test see what you get! 4/21/2014, 6:50 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:Well the 140's are a dime a dozen around here.

Would you expect any thing less from this learned group of scholars?

30IQ test see what you get! - Page 2 Empty Re: IQ test see what you get! 4/21/2014, 6:51 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Mr Ichi wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Well the 140's are a dime a dozen around here.

Would you expect any thing less from this learned group of scholars?

Not at all.

31IQ test see what you get! - Page 2 Empty Re: IQ test see what you get! 4/21/2014, 6:52 pm

2seaoat

Did you take it,Oats?

Nope. My IQ has been consistently 125-130 in all the official tests in school and after school. I am not a genius and certainly cannot compare to some of the scores posted. My wife and both children also fell within that range during their schooling and my wife conducting the test on them in primary grades. A little above average, but certainly nothing special. I have to work very hard to make up for the capacity others have naturally.

32IQ test see what you get! - Page 2 Empty Re: IQ test see what you get! 4/21/2014, 7:00 pm

2seaoat

Here is a percentile breakdown of IQ compared to population. If the test is fairly accurate and people on this forum are scoring 140 or higher they are in the 99th percentile. My IQ is in the 90-94 percentile which corresponded with most of my grades in my schooling. I certainly did not have the type of capacity folks have here, and I always had to work when competing against those with much higher IQs, but I find that hard work and reasonable capacity can usually get the job done.

http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/IQtable.aspx

33IQ test see what you get! - Page 2 Empty Re: IQ test see what you get! 4/21/2014, 7:28 pm

I have posted this before but when I was in the Army, I had a chance to work with some very very smart people who had very high IQs. They were amazing. They would get into big discussions about Crypto systems and such and my feeble mind would just blank out. If it had been a football team, I would have been the 2nd string water boy. LOL

34IQ test see what you get! - Page 2 Empty Re: IQ test see what you get! 4/21/2014, 7:35 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I find that hard work and reasonable capacity can usually get the job done.

I have never been a hiring manager, but if I was, I would take a person with average intelligence who was willing to work hard over a Mensa candidate any day.

I worked with quite a few very smart, but very lazy folks throughout my working career, and most of them turned out to be not worth a flip. They breezed through all levels of school without having to lift a finger; but when they got to a paying professional job, all of the sudden, they weren't so special. Many of them could not find the intestinal fortitude to work hard enough, and their peers of average intelligence wound up getting promoted ahead of them.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

35IQ test see what you get! - Page 2 Empty Re: IQ test see what you get! 4/21/2014, 7:45 pm

2seaoat

Many of the people here probably do have high IQs, but because of life circumstances, that high capacity never had a chance to develop to its highest and best use. Also, in my case, I have some very high aptitudes in some areas, and huge deficits in other areas because of poor choices in school, and not applying myself to my education until I went to college. The result is that although I may be a little above average, on any given day I may be ball and chained to my deficits, but I find that you have a lifetime to attack the same, and I consider myself a lifetime learner, and no past laurels mean a thing unless I can learn something the next day.

36IQ test see what you get! - Page 2 Empty Re: IQ test see what you get! 4/21/2014, 8:11 pm

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I find that hard work and reasonable capacity can usually get the job done.

I have never been a hiring manager, but if I was, I would take a person with average intelligence who was willing to work hard over a Mensa candidate any day.

I worked with quite a few very smart, but very lazy folks throughout my working career, and most of them turned out to be not worth a flip. They breezed through all levels of school without having to lift a finger; but when they got to a paying professional job, all of the sudden, they weren't so special. Many of them could not find the intestinal fortitude to work hard enough, and their peers of average intelligence wound up getting promoted ahead of them.

They actually give people IQ test now pre hire in most places. They are like 200 hundred questions long though. Ive had 2 in the last 3 years.

37IQ test see what you get! - Page 2 Empty Re: IQ test see what you get! 4/21/2014, 8:14 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Smile
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I find that hard work and reasonable capacity can usually get the job done.

They actually give people IQ test now pre hire in most places. They are like 200 hundred questions long though. Ive had 2 in the last 3 years.

Dammit, I would fall asleep.

38IQ test see what you get! - Page 2 Empty Re: IQ test see what you get! 4/21/2014, 8:25 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

A 2-hour test?  I'd rather be waterboarded. My attention span for any test is 15 minutes, tops.

39IQ test see what you get! - Page 2 Empty Re: IQ test see what you get! 4/21/2014, 8:33 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
Smile

Dammit, I would fall asleep.

It is annoying as hell.

The hospital I was at for a while gave them. I never got to see my results from that one, but I knew what they did with them. Because when I was there I hired 3 people and they would send me the results and they had everything in nice little categories as well as total score. I didnt feel it was that good of a tool. It didnt help me make a decision on the people I hired to a great extent.

I'm more interested in what you know about the job and your personality fit for the department. Not if you're a mensa candidate lol

40IQ test see what you get! - Page 2 Empty Re: IQ test see what you get! 4/21/2014, 8:35 pm

Bob wrote:A 2-hour test?  I'd rather be waterboarded.  My attention span for any test is 15 minutes,  tops.

You don't get 2 hours to do it.

and if you think that's bad, one place has a psychiatrist call you to do a over the phone assessment LOL ... hmm maybe that was just specially for me haha...

41IQ test see what you get! - Page 2 Empty Re: IQ test see what you get! 4/21/2014, 8:36 pm

2seaoat

I have told this story many years ago on the PNJ, but I worked my way through school. I had a break between the summer session and the fall quarter of about four weeks, and I thought I would try to get a job at a Bearing Plant as a machinist. I had worked three years on cars in dealerships as a lot maintenance job which involved no heavy mechanical, but changing oil, batteries, and no real skilled mechanical work.

I walk in the personnel office, and I was shocked I asked for an application, and they actually gave me one. At that time most employers would say they are not hiring, and not even give you an application. As I sat in the personnel office around 9am in the morning, a sense of panic set up in the office. Apparently two employees were involved in an auto accident which would have them out for weeks. About three employees called quitting, and another person broke an arm. As I am filling the application out, I counted 6 lost employees that Monday morning. Suddenly the personnel manager who is fielding his secretary's telephone calls hangs up the phone, and asks me would I be available to start right away. I said yes. He glances at my application and says.....oh....you are in graduate school, why are you applying when you will leave in a year or less......I tell him I have a year of study left, and six months of thesis work, and I could make a two year commitment. He hesitated, and then he said....well take this mechanical written test. So, I am as happy as a lark......I can ace almost any test....this should be a no brainer.......well he comes back and says kid you got a 54 on the test and failed, but I am in a big jam, can you get your physical and start tomorrow? Yes sir. That job changed my life, and all those gear ratios and pulleys, and things I really never paid much attention which gave me a clear message, I am not as smart as I think, and sometimes dumb luck does have a lot to say in our lives.

42IQ test see what you get! - Page 2 Empty Re: IQ test see what you get! 4/21/2014, 8:39 pm

2seaoat wrote:I have told this story many years ago on the PNJ, but I worked my way through school.   I had a break between the summer session and the fall quarter of about four weeks, and I thought I would try to get a job at a Bearing Plant as a machinist.  I had worked three years on cars in dealerships as a lot maintenance job which involved no heavy mechanical, but changing oil, batteries, and no real skilled mechanical work.

I walk in the personnel office, and I was shocked I asked for an application, and they actually gave me one.  At that time most employers would say they are not hiring, and not even give you an application.  As I sat in the personnel office around 9am in the morning, a sense of panic set up in the office.  Apparently two employees were involved in an auto accident which would have them out for weeks.  About three employees called quitting, and another person broke an arm.  As I am filling the application out, I counted 6 lost employees that Monday morning.  Suddenly the personnel manager who is fielding his secretary's telephone calls hangs up the phone, and asks me would I be available to start right away.  I said yes.  He glances at my application and says.....oh....you are in graduate school, why are you applying when you will leave in a year or less......I tell him I have a year of study left, and six months of thesis work, and I could make a two year commitment.  He hesitated, and then he said....well take this mechanical written test.  So, I am as happy as a lark......I can ace almost any test....this should be a no brainer.......well he comes back and says kid you got a 54 on the test and failed, but I  am in a big jam, can you get your physical and start tomorrow?  Yes sir.  That job changed my life, and all those gear ratios and pulleys, and things I really never paid much attention which gave me a clear message, I am not as smart as I think, and sometimes dumb luck does have a lot to say in our lives.

Bill gates agrees with you

43IQ test see what you get! - Page 2 Empty Re: IQ test see what you get! 4/21/2014, 9:17 pm

My daughter used to stay out in the shop with me when she was 5 or 6. She used to like to clean all the tools and keep them shiny and in order in my big tool cabinet. Dont ask me why, she just did. After awhile she could identify any wrench and most of the specialty tools, pullers, clamps, punches, etc.
The Army recruiter folks came to her college and she took an aptitude test. She aced the mechanical section of the test. She also had a general ideal of how things were built by helping me. She called me and said "Guess what they have offered me a great deal" "They wanted to know how I knew so much about tools and parts "Before i could scream "NO" She started laughing and said " I may have learned mechanical stuff from helping you, but I also remember some of your Army stories" "I told them I would pass on the offer" To this day she is a pretty good wrench. But she just works on little stuff like bicycles and such. She is a big IKEA fan so she get to test assembly skills.

44IQ test see what you get! - Page 2 Empty Re: IQ test see what you get! 4/21/2014, 9:18 pm

2seaoat wrote:Did you take it,Oats?

Nope.  My IQ has been consistently 125-130 in all the official tests in school and after school.  I am not a genius and certainly cannot compare to some of the scores posted.  My wife and both children also fell within that range during their schooling and my wife conducting the test on them in primary grades.  A little above average, but certainly nothing special.  I have to work very hard to make up for the capacity others have naturally.

130 is a high IQ on an official test. Those IQ's on this test is way too high. I doubt anybody here would test that high. Certainly Sal doesn't have a 200 IQ. That doesn't exist.Sorry Sal but this test was easy and doesn't compare to a mensa test. MY GRE was harder and tests you in reading and comprehension as well as others categories.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum