Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scott, Bush and Martinez

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Scott, Bush and Martinez Empty Scott, Bush and Martinez 4/19/2014, 1:55 pm

dumpcare

Am I just an old cruel person not wanting this to pass or can someone convince me this is a good thing?

Scott, Bush: Pass tuition bill

Associated Press

TALLAHASSEE — Gov. Rick Scott, along with for­mer Govs. Jeb Bush and Bob Martinez,made an ur­gent last-minute plea for legislators to pass a tu­ition break to students who entered the country illegally. The push from Scott and two other Republican governors comes a day af­ter key GOP state senator Joe Negron used a proce­dural move to block the legislation from being heard next week. The move makes it nearly im­possible for the legisla­tion to be considered dur­ing the final two weeks of this year’s legislative ses­sion.

Scott on Friday called on the Senate to take “im­mediate action” to keep the bill alive. “Students who have spent their childhood here in Florida deserve to qual­ify for the same in-state tuition rate at universities their peers and class­mates do,” Scott said in a statement. “We want our students to stay here in Florida when they go to college and when they choose a career, and that means we must make col­lege more affordable for all those students who call Florida home.”

Bush, whose own re­cent comments on immi­gration have put him at odds with some members of his own party, joined with Scott in calling on the Senate to take up the leg­islation.

“Punishing some chil­dren for their parents’ acts by creating obstacles to a college degree isn’t in their interests, or ours,” Bush stated. The debate on in-state tuition for students who entered the country ille­gally with their parents has been perennial in Tal­lahassee. This election year it has emerged as a top priority for some Re­publicans, including House Speaker Will Weatherford. But the pro­posal has needed Demo­cratic support to survive since many other Republi­cans including Senate President Don Gaetz have remained opposed.

Negron, R-Stuart, and Senate budget chief, re­fused to allow the bill to be considered during its fi­nal committee stop in the Senate.

Negron said Thursday that a need for the in-state tuition break “has not been established” and he raised questions on its po­tential costs.

He also said that the break should only go to students who are U.S. citi­zens and Florida resi­dents. The in-state tuition rate is roughly one-quar­ter of the rate paid by out­of- state students.

Scott came out in favor of the Senate bill (SB1400) earlier this year because it would also place limits on how much universities could raise tuition rates. Scott’s turnabout is a vast change from 2010 when he urged a strong crackdown on illegal immigration. Scott’s move comes dur­ing an election year when Hispanic voters could play a key role in deciding his re-election.

2Scott, Bush and Martinez Empty Re: Scott, Bush and Martinez 4/19/2014, 2:06 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Why do Republicans want to give tuition breaks to illegal aliens?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

3Scott, Bush and Martinez Empty Re: Scott, Bush and Martinez 4/19/2014, 2:11 pm

For the same reason that the results are about the same no matter which party is in charge.

4Scott, Bush and Martinez Empty Re: Scott, Bush and Martinez 4/19/2014, 2:15 pm

2seaoat

Because it is the right thing to do.

5Scott, Bush and Martinez Empty Re: Scott, Bush and Martinez 4/19/2014, 2:46 pm

Exactly pkr

6Scott, Bush and Martinez Empty Re: Scott, Bush and Martinez 4/19/2014, 2:55 pm

2seaoat

Because both parties have people who are real Christians and do have the compassion of Christ. So yes.....good things happen with government. Harming the innocent and society has no purpose unless one is evil, and evil has always been at odds with representative government.

7Scott, Bush and Martinez Empty Re: Scott, Bush and Martinez 4/19/2014, 3:17 pm

I am against it.

the political parties have become one unit of anti American shit heads.

Our political system has become a race to see who can offer more freebies.

It is done.

8Scott, Bush and Martinez Empty Re: Scott, Bush and Martinez 4/19/2014, 3:21 pm

2seaoat

You are against tuition help for kids? You are against higher education? You are against children brought to this nation Illegally, or you are just against everything........just because. These kids are overwhelmingly innocent victims who can make a contribution to society with an education. I want hard working contributing citizens.......a nation grows stronger.

9Scott, Bush and Martinez Empty Re: Scott, Bush and Martinez 4/19/2014, 3:27 pm

2seaoat wrote:You are against tuition help for kids?  You are against higher education?  You are against children brought to this nation Illegally, or you are just against everything........just because.  These kids are overwhelmingly innocent victims who can make a contribution to society with an education.  I want hard working contributing citizens.......a nation grows stronger.  

I am against rewarding illegal activity.

and when we reward illegal activity it then becomes good to commit illegal activity. Something you don't seem to understand.

10Scott, Bush and Martinez Empty Re: Scott, Bush and Martinez 4/19/2014, 4:02 pm

dumpcare

So where is the tuition break or discount for Florida residents that are legal? If one was brought here illegally as a baby then why are they not legal or a citizen by college age? Can they speak fluent English?

I do believe this would not be an issue if this was not an election year. There are many issue's that are dying in the legislature that could bring more taxes to Florida and then let's talk about giving someone a break for tuition and that would included a Florida resident that was born in the U.S.

Pkr is right, would not matter which party.

11Scott, Bush and Martinez Empty Re: Scott, Bush and Martinez 4/20/2014, 3:39 pm

:)I am against it.

It is done.

It is anti-american to help children of parents who came to this country illegally? Talk about a hate filled bitter person?Let's keep these kids down so they can end up like their parents instead of helping them become productive contributing citizens. That's the american way,isn't it?

12Scott, Bush and Martinez Empty Re: Scott, Bush and Martinez 4/20/2014, 3:53 pm

no stress

no stress

Dreamsglore wrote:

It is done.

It is anti-american to help children of parents who came to this country illegally? Talk about a hate filled bitter person?Let's keep these kids down so they can end up like their parents instead of helping them become productive contributing citizens. That's the american way,isn't it?
I think the term is called aiding and abetting

13Scott, Bush and Martinez Empty Re: Scott, Bush and Martinez 4/20/2014, 7:50 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Dreamsglore wrote:

It is done.

Chrissy's a republican, of course she's a hate-filled bitter person. Aren't they all? LOL

14Scott, Bush and Martinez Empty Re: Scott, Bush and Martinez 4/20/2014, 9:19 pm

I guess some people don't understand ILLEGAL.

Its getting very old to have to explain every little thing to you people.

It is encouraging parents to bring their children here ILLEGALLY if we are going to reward them.

And as ppaca mentioned why give SPECIAL treatment to them and not CITIZENS?

The whole trying to make people into bad people shit because they don't buy into your fucking shit is getting old too. I bet you two have never helped a fucking person in your life with your own money and NOT gotten paid to do it.

15Scott, Bush and Martinez Empty Re: Scott, Bush and Martinez 4/20/2014, 9:25 pm

Smile wrote:I guess some people don't understand ILLEGAL.

Its getting very old to have to explain every little thing to you people.

It is encouraging parents to bring their children here ILLEGALLY if we are going to reward them.

And as ppaca mentioned why give SPECIAL treatment to them and not CITIZENS?

The whole trying to make people into bad people shit because they don't buy into your fucking shit is getting old too. I bet you two have never helped a fucking person in your life with your own money and NOT gotten paid to do it.

Illegal is legal... up is down... good is bad... etc. The lowest common denominator strategy is working wonders.

How else could human brings be lead to believe things that are plainly false? Conditioning... no other explanation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum