Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Let's get rid of nuclear weapons before they get used!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/22966-noam-chomsky-eliminate-all-nuclear-weapons

Mr. Chomsky is one of my heroes ... here he makes an important argument for eliminating man's most deadly weaponry.

The issue isn't Mr. Chomsky ... it's the danger of the proliferation of nuclear weaponry.

Survival isn't a liberal or conservative issue, it's a human issue!

"You don’t have any other society where the educated classes are so effectively indoctrinated and controlled by a subtle propaganda system – a private system including media, intellectual opinion forming magazines and the participation of the most highly educated sections of the population. Such people ought to be referred to as “Commissars” – for that is what their essential function is – to set up and maintain a system of doctrines and beliefs which will undermine independent thought and prevent a proper understanding and analysis of national and global institutions, issues, and policies." Chomsky: From Language and Politics

Let's get rid of nuclear weapons before they get used! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeD1rw7daBLmjjER24E1O2-_PRMtYnoCRdS_xiqwnH2ydPx3tp

Believing that something like this can be put back once the box has been opened displays an overly simplistic world view by the person expounding such a view.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O7lh2gR5H0

Smile

You cant fix stupid.  Rolling Eyes 

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

crow wrote:You cant fix stupid.  Rolling Eyes 

You're probably right. We should have shit-canned the A-bomb back when we were the only ones who had it. But noooooo ..... our government really didn't believe anyone else would get one.

Now look at what we've got -- U.S.A., England, France, Russia, Israel, Pakistan, India.

As usual our leaders were STUPID. I agree!!

Wordslinger wrote:

You're probably right.  We should have shit-canned the A-bomb back when we were the only ones who had it.  But noooooo ..... our government really didn't believe anyone else would get one.  

Now look at what we've got -- U.S.A., England, France, Russia, Israel, Pakistan, India.

As usual our leaders were STUPID.  I agree!!

I have a question for you.

in your mind do you think that if everyone laid down all their weapons, including nukes that the world would be one happy family living in peace and harmony? Perhaps in your mind you think if only we could spread wealth around enough where all countries are equal and had a centralized government for all peaceful peoples on the planet.

Does the above sound like a good plan to you?

He conveniently left out china and n.korea. Don't bother mentioning results... it's the noble intents that build utopia.

Wordslinger wrote:

You're probably right.  We should have shit-canned the A-bomb back when we were the only ones who had it.  But noooooo ..... our government really didn't believe anyone else would get one.  

Let's get rid of nuclear weapons before they get used! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSq0bL8VtyoM4T2n-skK2M_m7yUpxHcU-jd9bfIEK2OCxvruizs

Believing that other countries would not continue their own work in nuclear physics is just as ignorant as believing that you could put it all back in the box.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtzIWPeun7c

Smile 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nukes are the best thing that the Lord ever gave us.  Without nukes we would have been in World War 3 in the 1960's.  And I don't know about you but I would prefer to have nukes hanging over my head than have to fight mooslims and rooskies and democrats and other commies on Palafox Street.  I'm too old for that shit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_winter

PkrBum wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_winter

Let's get rid of nuclear weapons before they get used! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6lF_z0tbJVvD09yb13bkbdpdQ2JdonrwBi4BE9totaVVBf4uw

Well... At least we know what the cure is to global warming...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_1XdSqBQUg

Rolling Eyes 

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

crow wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

I have a question for you.

in your mind do you think that if everyone laid down all their weapons, including nukes that the world would be one happy family living in peace and harmony? Perhaps in your mind you think if only we could spread wealth around enough where all countries are equal and had a centralized government for all peaceful peoples on the planet.

Does the above sound like a good plan to you?

I do believe that if every country got rid of its nukes it would be a safer, better world. Sorry you don't. But then again, I've seen them explode and you haven't.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

the message from my opponents on this issue seems to be: if anyone has an A-bomb, we need to have one. Or several thousand.

That kind of thinking comes from an inexhaustible supply of stupidity.

Wordslinger wrote:the message from my opponents on this issue seems to be: if anyone has an A-bomb, we need to have one.  Or several thousand.

That's not the message from me. Your vision is limited by your agenda.

The problem is WE ALREADY HAVE THEM AND SO DO THE TYRANTS. And frankly we cant trust the other tyrants to get rid of theirs. I'm sure the Ukraine can vouch for that.

So here we are. I believe this is called a draw.

Wordslinger wrote:the message from my opponents on this issue seems to be: if anyone has an A-bomb, we need to have one.  Or several thousand.

Let's get rid of nuclear weapons before they get used! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJNKluChMqUFhpxoOvZH_r5OmpHC9gse0UWqm_eeUcK1UjEhst

Anyone who thinks like you has an inexhaustible supply of stupidity.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3orQKBxiEg

Smile 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum