Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ONCE AGAIN...President Obama ILLEGALLY Extends the DEADLINE FOR THE INDIVIDUAL MANDATE

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

ONCE AGAIN...President Obama ILLEGALLY Extends the DEADLINE FOR THE INDIVIDUAL MANDATE

WHAT ELSE IS NEW? IF they were doing so well with the sign-ups, why the extension? Simple, they lied again.

Secretary Sebelius just recently stated that there would be no more delays. Oops....

Health Care

Obama administration announces health care extension, report says
The Obama administration will grant extra time to Americans who say they are unable to enroll in health care plans through the federal insurance marketplace by the deadline set for the end of March, the Washington Post reported late Tuesday.

All consumers who have begun to apply for coverage on HealthCare.gov, but who do not finish by Monday, will have until about mid-April to ask for an extension, federal officials confirmed to the newspaper.

The paper reports that users will have a chance to check a box on the website indicating they tried to enroll before the deadline, though the government will not try to determine whether the person actually made an effort to sign up.

"This is probably the first of many (extensions)," Chris Stirewalt told Megyn Kelly Tuesday on "The Kelly File."

Published March 25, 2014
• FoxNews.com

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/03/25/obama-administration-announces-health-care-extension/

dumpcare

A little slow are we? This came out almost two weeks ago and it ain't as simple as this article says: They would have had to create an account before March 31st and it has to show they tried.

Oh, this is not what they said two weeks ago. It was not on the honor system, so you're right the clown essentially extended until April 15th. We thought that would happen all along, because of cutoff date's for a 1st of the month effective date, which has always been the 15th. They just could not leave it alone.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/obama-administration-will-allow-more-time-to-enroll-in-health-care-on-federal-marketplace/2014/03/25/d0458338-b449-11e3-8cb6-284052554d74_print.html

Last edited by ppaca on 3/26/2014, 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Still illegal regardless ppaca

Remember when obama and the dems refused to consider any delay or change when negotiating the debt increase?

I didn't think so.

dumpcare

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Still illegal regardless ppaca

You may be right. The site has worked great for two months, he should stick to the deadline whether or not someone is in the middle of an application. Procrastinator's cannot be tolerated.

actually it looks like there is an actual extension. I thought the march 31st was a firm deadline as you mentioned ppaca, but it appears they have created some kind of loop hole where that deadline isn't exactly the real deal.

I am not clear about what that loop hole is. but here is a excerpt from a article I just read.

Until now, the March 31 deadline has been the date by which most Americans must choose a plan — or risk a government fine in the form of a tax penalty when they file their 2014 taxes next year. The fine will not apply to people who get an extension under the new rules and enroll in plans within the allotted time.

The constituency that has been most wary of extra sign-up time has been the insurance industry. Insurance firms selling plans in the new marketplace want to minimize the possibility that people might wait to get coverage until they become sick — a practice that would undermine the central idea of keeping costs in check by balancing people who are expensive to insure with those who are healthy and require little medical treatment.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/obama-administration-will-allow-more-time-to-enroll-in-health-care-on-federal-marketplace/2014/03/25/d0458338-b449-11e3-8cb6-284052554d74_print.html

on edit. sorry I see you edited your reply from last night to acknowledge that it is a extension.

dumpcare

Yea, who know's what they're doing. I suppose by tomorrow I will have a bulletin from the company I represent letting us know, but for all practical purposes this is over for me.

Markle

Markle

ppaca wrote:Yea, who know's what they're doing. I suppose by tomorrow I will have a bulletin from the company I represent letting us know, but for all practical purposes this is over for me.

All they have to do is check a box saying ObamaCare is a hardship.

My bet is there will not be any fine levied this year or next. At least not until after the 2016 Presidential Election is over.

2seaoat

Still illegal regardless ppaca

Earth to goofies........Earth to goofies.........so what do you call the 90 day extension on the implementation of the Medicare drug bill which President Bush unilaterally extended for 90 days to implement.......a criminal act?......an unconstitutional act?...........sorry, but you have to understand the term illegal.......we will let Mr. Markle explain......this has become hilarious.

2seaoat

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/14/obamacare-medicare_n_4788731.html

Illegal.......do you suppose this language is being used as a basis of a bogus impeachment if the Republicans take the Senate.  Actually the best thing that could happen.   Biden becomes President, Hillary the VP, and a landslide in 2016 taking back the senate and house........stupid is so easy to predict.

2seaoat wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/14/obamacare-medicare_n_4788731.html

Illegal.......do you suppose this language is being used as a basis of a bogus impeachment if the Republicans take the Senate.  Actually the best thing that could happen.   Biden becomes President, Hillary the VP, and a landslide in 2016 taking back the senate and house........stupid is so easy to predict.

HHS: We Lack 'Statutory Authority' to Extend Deadline to Sign Up for Obamacare

5:07 PM, Mar 11, 2014 • By JOHN MCCORMACK
On a conference call with reporters Tuesday afternoon, officials at the Department of Health and Human Services insisted that March 31 is the firm deadline to sign up for Obamacare. "We have no plans to extend the open enrollment period," HHS official Julie Bataille said. "In fact, we don't actually have the statutory authority to extend the open enrollment period in 2014."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/hhs-we-lack-statutory-authority-extend-obamacares-open-enrollment-period_784621.html

Markle

Markle

ppaca wrote:A little slow are we? This came out almost two weeks ago and it ain't as simple as this article says: They would have had to create an account before March 31st and it has to show they tried.

Oh, this is not what they said two weeks ago. It was not on the honor system, so you're right the clown essentially extended until April 15th. We thought that would happen all along, because of cutoff date's for a 1st of the month effective date, which has always been the 15th. They just could not leave it alone.

Please show us where President Barack Hussein Obama extended the deadline until mid April simply by saying they tried over two weeks ago.

If you cannot, then you simply were not truthful.

2seaoat

Hilarious.....more people signing up......and folks think extending to April 15th is an illegal act....you cannot handicap stupidity. Sorry that millions have signed up this year.......wait till next year........can you say success!

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Still illegal regardless ppaca

Earth to goofies........Earth to goofies.........so what do you call the 90 day extension on the implementation of the Medicare drug bill which President Bush unilaterally extended for 90 days to implement.......a criminal act?......an unconstitutional act?...........sorry, but you have to understand the term illegal.......we will let Mr. Markle explain......this has become hilarious.

Desperation, sheer desperation...AGAIN from our far left Progressive good friends!

2seaoat

Desperation, sheer desperation...AGAIN from our far left Progressive good friends!

What desperation? About what? I personally know folks who their lives have changed because of the Affordable Care Act. Most are Republicans who had preexisting conditions and now are able to seek new employment and get coverage. People are not listening to your nonsense, and they are signing up.....it must be hard to be so utterly on the wrong side of history. Child labor, women voting, and emancipation probably leave you sleepless at night. This is like a snowball coming down the mountain getting bigger and bigger......and your are sitting at the bottom of the hill saying......that is just a tiny snowball.......sorry people are voting with their feet, and it must drive you crazy that the Heritage model is actually working.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Hilarious.....more people signing up......and folks think extending to April 15th is an illegal act....you cannot handicap stupidity.   Sorry that millions have signed up this year.......wait till next year........can you say success!

Possibly one could overlook this ONE extension in violation of the law. However, this makes what 37 or 38 illegal changes in the law?

ONCE AGAIN...President Obama ILLEGALLY Extends the DEADLINE FOR THE INDIVIDUAL MANDATE BurningConstitution

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum