Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Real obamacare numbers for the confused

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The Obama administration announced new Obamacare numbers showing that they’ll need to sign up a whopping 1.8 million people in March to meet even their pared-down goals.

A total of 4.2 million people have selected a plan ( this doesn't man they paid)on Obamacare exchanges nationwide so far, according to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). The Obama administration has already given up meeting its original 7 million-strong enrollment goal, but the new numbers suggest it may not reach its lowered 6 million enrollment target either

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/11/new-enrollment-numbers-suggest-obamacare-is-hurtling-toward-failure/#ixzz2w8HPYrva

Now in order to understand what really is going on here, you will need to be fair, analytic and honest. 3 things most of you are incapable of.

You see, most of these people only went onto the site chose a plan. suspect is, they just wanted to see the cost. I digress because that's unimportant really, but what is, most haven't paid a penny. and in the ins world, the 1st payment declares you covered. and all of this isn't that important either.

THIS IS WHATS IMPORTANT!

ACA was supposed to be a plan to cover PREVIOUSLY UNISURED folks.

wasn't that the goal? not for him to make 10 million plus people loose their ins so they would have to sign up and be counted as a obamacarre enrollee?

tyrant!

anyone out there at this point defending this bill is ignorant. even the left have moved away from it. its such a bad disaster they have delayed many many parts of it and again just recently conveniently after elections. < which is against the law btw.

Tyrant!

and...............................
new health care law is likely around 3.4 million - or 800,000 fewer than the 4.2 million the White House says have signed up for Obamacare.

Politico reports that the country’s four largest insurance companies have provided the administration with data showing that between 15 and 20 percent of Obamacare enrollees have not paid for their premiums.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/obamacare-3-4-m-could-141800564.html

so while you may be ok living in your unicorn fairy dust world. facts are the law is a disaster, people didn't want it. and they sure as hell don't want it for the most part now that they know what's in it and how much it cost. No matter what the liars say here. I know the truth and most of the intelligent American people do as well.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well said, the government got tired of spending our children's future income now they come up with a scheme to take as much as they can from them in the here and now. Elitist bloodsucking leeches that should be arrested for crimes against us all.

The real winner is medicaid... obamacare is designed to fail.

Expanding govt while creating more layers of bureaucracy and control is the goal... it works out so well historically.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yes Pkr but what I want to know is when does the beast die ? Does the host have to be stone dead first or can we all just agree that it is killing us and cut it off ? We as a country are living on past production and it's vapors of investment so where is all the wealth for government expansion going to come from ? Taxes ?.....confiscation of property ?

I think ultimately the govt will debase the currency... the real value is an illusion as it is.

We already see the dollar beginning to loose it's international significance.

dumpcare

I have read in some insurance journals that at least 900,000 have signed up but not paid their premium's.

The butthead's are already starting to fudge on the cutoff date, saying if you have a valid reason (hospital stay, tried but couldn't get through,etc) they will give a little more time. Isn't this what happened in Dec? Yes. There are bets on the insurance forum they will extend March 31 to April 15th or even longer.

Then you have an exchange I believe in DC who is offering, basically a $1200 rebate to sign up, must be nice to be a navigator and not have to follow laws insurance agents have to in regards to rebating.

I concede much of this was a bunch of bullshit, except for the handful of uninsurable's that could not get it before. Most of the uninsurable's to my surprise (that I wrote) did not qualify for a subsidy, but they finally got health insurance.

Liars, liars,pants of fire!

Wednesday's Wall Street Journal provides the perfect encapsulation of the conservative crusade against the Affordable Care Act. On the opinion pages, columnist James Taranto mocked the story of new Obamacare enrollee Brendan Mahoney. But where news is actually reported, the WSJ's Arian Campo-Flores explained, "Why Kentucky's Health Exchange Worked Better Than Many Others." But the Bluegrass State didn't just provide a relatively smooth first-day enrollment experience. As it turns out, one of the only reliably red states to both establish its own health care exchange and accept the expansion of Medicaid to low income residents, Kentucky is already proving Republican critics of Obamacare wrong.

Those critics include Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul, Kentucky's Republican senators who were caught on a live microphone in Washington admitting their real motives is shutting down the government over the implementation of the Affordable Care Act. But back home, things are going pretty well for Kentucky's uninsured seeking to obtain coverage at Kentucky's Kynect exchange:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303983904579091522214378410?mod=rss_US_News&mg=reno64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424052702303983904579091522214378410.html%3Fmod%3Drss_US_News

Political affiliation is influencing enrollment. People are just plain stupid who don't get insurance because of this.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/pictures-video/where-obamacare-is-succeeding-and-where-it-s-falling-short-20140131

ppaca wrote:I have read in some insurance journals that at least 900,000 have signed up but not paid their premium's.

The butthead's are already starting to fudge on the cutoff date, saying if you have a valid reason (hospital stay, tried but couldn't get through,etc) they will give a little more time. Isn't this what happened in Dec? Yes. There are bets on the insurance forum they will extend March 31 to April 15th or even longer.

Then you have an exchange I believe in DC who is offering, basically a $1200 rebate to sign up, must be nice to be a navigator and not have to follow laws insurance agents have to in regards to rebating.

I concede much of this was a bunch of bullshit, except for the handful of uninsurable's that could not get it before. Most of the uninsurable's to my surprise (that I wrote) did not qualify for a subsidy, but they finally got health insurance.

You just said a mouth full but most here wont catch it. They are too blinded by lies that are partisan BS.

If and when they stop changing the rules as they go, which is against the law BTW... and let this thing die. and it becomes a Medicaid for all situation, the true screaming will begin. although there is a lot of screaming already, just the party hacks refuse to hear it.

My guess is within one more year they will have run out of stupid people to fool. Because even stupid people can tell when a loaf of bread is now $5 and not 2

ppaca wrote:I have read in some insurance journals that at least 900,000 have signed up but not paid their premium's.

I would like to know how the insurance journals know that? Did the companies report that to them? I doubt it. Sounds like more repug propaganda. I can't understand why all those people went through the trouble of signing up and then didn't pay? Doesn't make sense and I don't think it's true.

dumpcare

Dreamsglore wrote:

I would like to know how the insurance journals know that? Did the companies report that to them? I doubt it. Sounds like more repug propaganda. I can't understand why all those people went through the trouble of signing up and then didn't pay? Doesn't make sense and I don't think it's true.

Article's from AHIP, benefit pro and most of the major lobbyists in D.C. with health insurance business. Yes, some reports were put out by HHS to insurance company's. AHIP and NAHU (google them) are the nation's two most powerful health insurance organizations. Just repeating what they said on their reports from HHS. Most be the government are liars, go figure.

ppaca wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Article's from AHIP, benefit pro and most of the major lobbyists in D.C. with health insurance business. Yes, some reports were put out by HHS to insurance company's. AHIP and NAHU (google them) are the nation's two most powerful health insurance organizations. Just repeating what they said on their reports from HHS. Most be the government are liars, go figure.

Its difficult to be a person of truth, but its very sexy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum