Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why doesn't BOF ever report the real jobs numbers like this?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/solid-economic-data-lift-hopes-aug-job-report-25257829

The economy generated just 142,000 jobs August, the Labor Department said Friday, well below the average of 212,000 over the previous 12 months. The unemployment rate fell to 6.1 percent from 6.2 percent, but only because more people without jobs stopped looking for one and were no longer counted as unemployed

2seaoat

Because the stats have been consistent and the 6.1 is an incredible number. Sorry, but if I have to keep posting the obvious it will get very boring for everybody, but babyboomers retiring before 65 are not looking for jobs but are enjoying hard earned retirements where their wise choices are now being misinterpreted by folks trying to deny the constant stats which show unemployment down to almost 6.1 from the 10% in 2009. President Obama has done an incredible job of steady growth in employment as some believed we would NEVER see below 6% unemployment in this country again. Incredible good news which is being reflected in the midterm polls.

Markle

Markle

BoardsofFL is much like 2seaoat. Accepting the massive failure of this administration is a bitter pill indeed. One they are will to lie and obfuscate to cover and deny. Whatever and ANYTHING it takes to not look like the fools they were made by swallowing all the Kool Aide.

U.S. Economy Adds 142,000 Jobs in August, Widely Missing Views

By Dunstan Prial/
Published September 05, 2014

The U.S. economy added just 142,000 jobs in August, far below expectations as major sectors such as manufacturing, retail and transportation saw weak job creation.

The unemployment rate fell by 0.01 percentage point to 6.1%, according to figures released Friday by the U.S. Labor Department.

Analysts had predicted 225,000 new jobs and that the unemployment rate would drop slightly from its 6.2% level a month ago.

Meanwhile, the labor force participation rate also fell to 62.8% in August, from 62.9% in July, another disappointment. The Labor Department also said job creation in June and July was 28,000 lower than initially reported.

Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/economy-policy/2014/09/05/us-economy-adds-142000-jobs-in-august-widely-missing-views/

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote: Because the stats have been consistent and the 6.1 is an incredible number.  Sorry, but if I have to keep posting the obvious it will get very boring for everybody, but babyboomers retiring before 65 are not looking for jobs but are enjoying hard earned retirements where their wise choices are now being misinterpreted by folks trying to deny the constant stats which show unemployment down to almost 6.1 from the 10% in 2009.   President Obama has done an incredible job of steady growth in employment as some believed we would NEVER see below 6% unemployment in this country again.  Incredible good news which is being reflected in the midterm polls.

Strange isn't it? How a 6.1% unemployment, due to fewer workers being in the employment pool, is a great thing when the Progressives are in charge but deplorable when Republicans are in office.

How exactly does that work?

no stress

no stress

Its called hooray for my team. some of these guys would eat a dogturd as long as the dog was on their team

Markle

Markle

Our Progressive good friends simply cannot face the massive failure by the man they viewed as the messiah.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/solid-economic-data-lift-hopes-aug-job-report-25257829

The economy generated just 142,000 jobs August, the Labor Department said Friday, well below the average of 212,000 over the previous 12 months. The unemployment rate fell to 6.1 percent from 6.2 percent, but only because more people without jobs stopped looking for one and were no longer counted as unemployed

You posted - literally - an article that references the exact same report that I posted. Only, this time, you're referring to it as the "real" report. They are the same report.

You really are a dumbass of the highest order.

No, you left out the highlighted Bad news about the jobs report. You always do.

It's that part about people who have given up looking for a job because they can't find one.

If people's despair makes you so happy that they quit,
Is that a good or bad thing? I'm thinking it is the worst of things.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:No, you left out the highlighted Bad news about the jobs report. You always do.

It's that part about people who have given up looking for a job because they can't find one.

I left out nothing. I posted a direct link to the report. My link includes the entire report. It isn't a person talking about a few points in the report but, rather, it is the entire report.

That you can't read the actual report and deduce things from it on your own...well...I've already made my point.

boards of FL wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:No, you left out the highlighted Bad news about the jobs report. You always do.

I left out nothing. I posted a direct link to the report. My link includes the entire report. It isn't a person talking about a few points in the report but, rather, it is the entire report.

That you can't read the actual report and deduce things from it on your own...well...I've already made my point.

You highlight what makes your master look good and ignore the rest. I've never seen you highlight something that makes the O look dubious.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

I left out nothing.  I posted a direct link to the report.  My link includes the entire report.  It isn't a person talking about a few points in the report but, rather, it is the entire report.

You highlight what makes your master look good and ignore the rest. I've never seen you highlight something that makes the O look dubious.

I highlight the headline numbers from the report and then provide you with the entire report.

What, do you need a blogger to dumb it down for you and read to you what it says? Actually, don't answer that.

Why don't you proclaim the
Good and the bad?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Even the Forbes article I posted included discussion of the August numbers, which are down compared to previous reports but don't detract from overall performance. And while we're at it, let's discuss GOP obstruction of everything possible from this President, including shutting down the government, forcing the sequester, allowing the US credit rating to be downgraded, spending taxpayer money to try and repeal Obamacare...52 times (I believe is the current count), blocking nominees to key positions, including the Judiciary, and spreading the manure thick in the right-wing media...because the GOP has nothing to offer the majority of people except more strife and misery.

Look what the dems did when they controlled congress... I don't call contesting leftist legislation obstruction.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Th Dude wrote:Look what the dems did when they controlled congress... I don't call contesting leftist legislation obstruction.

I call delaying appointments to the Courts obstruction. I call delaying appointments to key federal agencies obstruction.

I call shutting down the government obstruction.

Am I making myself clear?

“I expect to be held responsible, but I don’t want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking. I want them to get out of the way so we can clean up the mess. I don’t mind cleaning up after them, but don’t do a lot of talking.”

This is the president in 2009 setting the tone... while dems held the senate, house, and presidency. Obviously a person that was more interested in having his way than working with anyone. If there was moderate bipartisan cooperation there would be bills passed.

I don't give a damn if they can't agree... we already have tens of thousands of laws and mandates and entitlements.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
Th Dude wrote:Look what the dems did when they controlled congress... I don't call contesting leftist legislation obstruction.

I call delaying appointments to the Courts obstruction.  I call delaying appointments to key federal agencies obstruction.

I call shutting down the government obstruction.

Am I making myself clear?

How do you explain the 342 bills passed by the House, including 40 jobs bills, which Senate House Majority Harry Reid refuses to bring up for a vote?

Exactly how was government obstructed during the shutdown?

Appointments are approved or turned down by the Senate. Why won't Harry Reid bring those appointments up for a vote? Or is he afraid that he isn't even sure he can get enough Democrats to support our semi-retired Presidents radical appointment?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum