Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Crooks at CPAC

+2
no stress
Floridatexan
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Crooks at CPAC Empty The Crooks at CPAC 3/8/2014, 12:44 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/22432-focus-the-crooks-at-cpac

The Crooks at CPAC 9202-cpac-rand-paul-031513

The Crooks at CPAC
By Charles Pierce, Esquire
07 March 14

ou have to hand it to the conservatives here at CPAC. They're a forgiving lot. They believe in second chances, even for felons. Why, just this morning, I heard a speech by a guy who sold missiles to a government that sponsored terrorism, lied about it, got convicted, and then dove like a scalded rat through a loophole. I watched a panel including a guy who, while working as police commissioner in New York, entangled himself in such baroque corruption that he ended up in the federal sneezer for 36 months. And, this afternoon, on a panel entitled "After Obama," we will be treated to the views of a guy who helped out a covert CIA agent, lied about it, got convicted, and then got pardoned.

There is no crime on the Right that cannot be forgiven -- except, maybe, supporting something this particular president proposes.

There is nothing more hilarious in public life than watching Ollie North give a speech. Truly, it's a wonder to behold, because everything he says comes with its own mental subtitles if you remember what an absolute weasel the guy was the last time he got close to an actual center of power. Yesterday, he got in some discreet fag-baiting -- "Our armed forces and their families deserve better than to be treated like laboratory rats in some radical social experiment. The people of Ukraine are now paying the terrible price for America's leadership deficit disorder. We don't need a head of state that guts our defenses and draws phony red lines with a pink crayon. Yeah, I said that." Nice. Are you 12? -- he got around to talking about things that set the subtitles echoing.

"We need a congressional majority that will insist on the rule of law in Washington."

(The rule of law? You mean like when Congress forbids arms shipments to guerrillas and you find a way to fund it by soliciting money from Brunei, and from selling advanced weaponry to the mullahs in Tehran? That rule of law, or another one?)

"We The People can demand accountability for a string of horrendous scandals and coverups starting with Benghazi, the IRS enemies lists, and government spying on the American people and reporters."

(From North's testimony before Congress in 1987, according to then-Congressman Jack Brooks of Texas: "I was particularly concerned, Mr. Chairman, because I read in Miami papers, and several others, that there had been a plan developed, by that same agency, a contingency plan in the event of emergency, that would suspend the American constitution. And I was deeply concerned about it and wondered if that was an area in which he had worked. I believe that it was and I wanted to get his confirmation.")

"The president I was blessed to serve told us that we had a rendezvous with destiny."

(The president you were blessed to serve is the same president you sold out at your trial in order to stay out of jail and to the point that the wife of the president you were blessed to serve went out of her way to point out what a liar you are.)

After North drifted off the stage to wild applause, there was an extended panel session regarding a conservative response to the issue of prison reform. It was moderated by old pal Goodhair Perry from Texas - who earlier had wound some stems and burned some barns with his address to the faithful in which he proposed rolling the national government back to the Articles Of Confederation -- and it included Grover Norquist. To be completely fair, it was the most interesting panel of the weekend so far, even though it glided over the problem of how conservatives can pitch themselves as criminal-justice reformers at the same time that demagoguing criminality -- especially black criminality. See LaPierre, Wayne. -- still raises so much money and wins so many elections, especially at the local level. One of the other panelists was Bernard Kerik, whom Rudy Giuliani wanted to make the country's director of Homeland Security, but who wound up in prison for financial hocus-pocus that included improvements to his home. Kerik spoke from his experiences as a federal convict.

"A 21-year old black kid gets arrested in Baltimore for simple possession," Kerik said. "He gets tied into a conspiracy and gets 10 years. He's sent to prison for 10 years. During that time in federal prison, he really gets no education, no life-improvement skills. He learns how to lie, steal, cheat, gamble and fight. That's what they're taught. Then, by some illusion, we believe he's ready to go back out into the world.

"I taught a class. You gotta get your GED. You got to get an education. That kid looked at me and said, 'I'm black. I'm a convicted felon. That GED isn't going to help me ever.' There are guys in prison for minor whitecollar crimes. There are doctors. They have Masters. They have Bachelors. They can't get hired. If they can't hired, what chance does that 21-year old kid have? And the problem with that is that there are thousands upon thousands of men in prison. It's wrong for this country. It's wrong for this party."

This, at least, is somebody who has learned something from his own past. And, this afternoon, we get to hear Scooter Libby speculate on life after Obama. There are no crimes on the Right beyond forgiveness.

---------------------------

Here's the link to Mrs. Reagan calling North a liar...

http://articles.dailypress.com/1994-10-29/news/9410290017_1_north-s-assertions-mrs-reagan-iran-contra-affair

2The Crooks at CPAC Empty Re: The Crooks at CPAC 3/8/2014, 12:59 pm

Amazing hypocrisy considering the reelection of a president that armed criminal cartels in mexico and terrorist insurgents in the middle east. Where's the outrage over that? Where was the demand for accountability and transparency?

3The Crooks at CPAC Empty Re: The Crooks at CPAC 3/8/2014, 4:42 pm

no stress

no stress

Honestly, FL Texan would be phenomenal if she would focus on crooks in government period instead of always trying to put the monster on one party. She does good research and posts honest opinions but her blindness in seeing the crookedness in all parties other than Republican almost nullifies her posts. I'd be all about reading her threads if she could only do this.

4The Crooks at CPAC Empty Re: The Crooks at CPAC 3/8/2014, 5:45 pm

knothead

knothead

I thought it rather humorous . . . pointing out the hypocrisy . . . . it is funny even though it's sad admittedly. Yes pkr it works for both sides but since the CPAC is underway I think it was spot on and appropro . . . .

Markle

Markle

The Far Left Progressive Posterboy from Florida, Alan Grayson's wife is forced to obtain restraining order for spouse and child abuse. First Grayson denied the allegations and then came the security camera video.

Really, does this kind looking gentleman look like the sort of person who would strike a woman and a child?

The Crooks at CPAC Ee8a7d85-269d-4f73-89b6-94f731422224

Orange County, Florida – Congressman Alan Grayson has been accused of spouse abuse by his estranged wife Lolita Grayson. Currently, he is going through a divorce wherein she accuses him of being both manipulative and abuse while never stating if the abuse was physical. However, she called police from their Central Florida home on Saturday accusing the congressman of pushing her against the door and onto the floor causing her injuries. He claims he was at their residence to take the children out for visitation and that she is fabricating the story to harm him.

Read more: http://yournation.org/democrat-congressman-physically-assaulted-wife/

6The Crooks at CPAC Empty Re: The Crooks at CPAC 3/9/2014, 9:43 am

Sal

Sal

No charges. 

Simple domestic dispute and the video shows it was she who attacked him. 

7The Crooks at CPAC Empty Re: The Crooks at CPAC 3/9/2014, 1:27 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Gunz wrote:Honestly, FL Texan would be phenomenal if she would focus on crooks in government period instead of always trying to put the monster on one party. She does good research and posts honest opinions but her blindness in seeing the crookedness in all parties other than Republican almost nullifies her posts.    I'd be all about reading her threads if she could only do this.    

I appreciate the fact that you realize I spend time researching and don't just post the "party line". I can't help rejecting all things Republican because: 1)GWB and his lies and destruction, 2)the "foundation" or ethos of a party that has nothing whatever to offer the general public, 3)the corruption of a party that has no one better to offer than Bernard Kerik (felon) and Ollie North (fall guy for Bush, Sr.). Sorry, but the GOP has the vast majority of whack jobs, liars and miscreants, and their allegiance to all things right-wing, whether good for the republic or not, and in particular to the GWB during his tenure, leaves me wondering why anyone in his right mind would vote for any Republican...ever.

8The Crooks at CPAC Empty Re: The Crooks at CPAC 3/9/2014, 1:29 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:The Far Left Progressive Posterboy from Florida, Alan Grayson's wife is forced to obtain restraining order for spouse and child abuse.  First Grayson denied the allegations and then came the security camera video.

Really, does this kind looking gentleman look like the sort of person who would strike a woman and a child?

The Crooks at CPAC Ee8a7d85-269d-4f73-89b6-94f731422224

Orange County, Florida – Congressman Alan Grayson has been accused of spouse abuse by his estranged wife Lolita Grayson. Currently, he is going through a divorce wherein she accuses him of being both manipulative and abuse while never stating if the abuse was physical. However, she called police from their Central Florida home on Saturday accusing the congressman of pushing her against the door and onto the floor causing her injuries. He claims he was at their residence to take the children out for visitation and that she is fabricating the story to harm him.

Read more:  http://yournation.org/democrat-congressman-physically-assaulted-wife/

Looks like you meant to start a new thread...this has nothing to do with CPAC.

9The Crooks at CPAC Empty Re: The Crooks at CPAC 3/9/2014, 1:30 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:Amazing hypocrisy considering the reelection of a president that armed criminal cartels in mexico and terrorist insurgents in the middle east. Where's the outrage over that? Where was the demand for accountability and transparency? <crickets>

Prove any of that without quoting a right-wing nutjob site.

10The Crooks at CPAC Empty Re: The Crooks at CPAC 3/9/2014, 1:45 pm

Floridatexan wrote:I appreciate the fact that you realize I spend time researching and don't just post the "party line".  I can't help rejecting all things Republican because:  1)GWB and his lies and destruction, 2)the "foundation" or ethos of a party that has nothing whatever to offer the general public, 3)the corruption of a party that has no one better to offer than Bernard Kerik (felon) and Ollie North (fall guy for Bush, Sr.).  Sorry, but the GOP has the vast majority of whack jobs, liars and miscreants, and their allegiance to all things right-wing, whether good for the republic or not, and in particular to the GWB during his tenure, leaves me wondering why anyone in his right mind would vote for any Republican...ever.  

The Crooks at CPAC Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-3QgZokW1owRXsZmhdtEn-JjpSb2ZkGe9ywcxBHQlqVqxJLdBKg

Yes... It must be comforting for Inquisition members, such as yourself, to be able to break out the Witches Hammer to deflect from any wrongdoing as your blood soaked champion of peace who fires first before being fired upon, without Congressional approval, goes about his crusade for change and unity. I'm sure it doesn't take much thought or integrity to support such a righteous cause when there is so much innocent blood to wash your hands clean in when the cause of righteousness is supported by such a gore drenched hero of truth and transparency.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NV9DSykTbo

Smile

11The Crooks at CPAC Empty Re: The Crooks at CPAC 3/9/2014, 1:50 pm

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Amazing hypocrisy considering the reelection of a president that armed criminal cartels in mexico and terrorist insurgents in the middle east. Where's the outrage over that? Where was the demand for accountability and transparency? <crickets>

The Crooks at CPAC Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkBUf66ezEEhyoqwVtsTtLA-z3sbpTLCYJGxn9xAaYUHCixGkv

Have your blood stained champion of peace make public all the records involving those things as he promised to do in his 'open and transparent' administration. Then perhaps we might believe you...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRm8Y2jSmWw

Smile

12The Crooks at CPAC Empty Re: The Crooks at CPAC 3/9/2014, 1:58 pm

by PkrBum Yesterday at 11:59 am
Amazing hypocrisy considering the reelection of a president that armed criminal cartels in mexico and terrorist insurgents in the middle east. Where's the outrage over that? Where was the demand for accountability and transparency?
-----
And has made how many unconstitutional changes to
The law named after himself?

13The Crooks at CPAC Empty Re: The Crooks at CPAC 3/9/2014, 1:59 pm

by Floridatexan Today at 1:30 pm
PkrBum wrote:

-----
Facts are facts regardless of what site they are written on fool.

14The Crooks at CPAC Empty Re: The Crooks at CPAC 3/10/2014, 12:30 am

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Amazing hypocrisy considering the reelection of a president that armed criminal cartels in mexico and terrorist insurgents in the middle east. Where's the outrage over that? Where was the demand for accountability and transparency?

Fast and Furious...conveniently forgot already haven't you?

The Crooks at CPAC Brian-terry1
Brian Terry

15The Crooks at CPAC Empty Re: The Crooks at CPAC 3/10/2014, 12:57 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Fast and Furious...conveniently forgot already haven't you?

The Crooks at CPAC Brian-terry1
Brian Terry

It's time to shitcan the Drugs War -- which is neither right nor left. Take the money out of the game and no more reason for cartels or Brian Terry's either.

It amazes me that people like you who profess intellect, are unable to see that democrat vs. republican, liberal vs. conservative are games corporate Amerika foists upon us.

Screw Amerika Inc and we'll all be better off!!

16The Crooks at CPAC Empty Re: The Crooks at CPAC 3/10/2014, 12:22 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:by Floridatexan Today at 1:30 pm
PkrBum wrote:

Amazing hypocrisy considering the reelection of a president that armed criminal cartels in mexico and terrorist insurgents in the middle east. Where's the outrage over that? Where was the demand for accountability and transparency? <crickets>

-----
Facts are facts regardless of what site they are written on fool.

Kiss off, bloodsucker.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum