Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

damn crooks,cheats and liars in the whitehouse

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee effectively is accusing the department of stringing them along for months in their request for documents about an $8 billion program that pays bonuses to Medicare Advantage plans.

Issa claims the bonus program is being used to mask the first round of Medicare Advantage cuts in connection with the health care overhaul -- in order to win favor with seniors.

\"It\'s an unbelievable abuse of power,\" he said Thursday. Issa said the program basically funds \"what ObamaCare took away.\"

The program in question is called a \"demonstration\" project. But Issa complains the project is far more sweeping than a run-of-the-mill test program, and conveniently lastsuntil 2014.

\"This is larger than every test they\'ve ever done at HHS combined,\" Issa said. Issa\'s committee put out a video Thursday explaining its allegations.

The congressman further says the effects of ObamaCare\'s $200 billion in Medicare Advantage cuts over the next decade would have been felt starting this week -- if not for the bonus payments. Thanks to them, he wrote in an August letter, the project offsets 71 percent of the cuts this year.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/18/issa-to-issue-subpoena-over-obamacare-documents/#ixzz29i7EGfH7

Yall might remember me tellin yall about how the docs were going to get a little bump at first in payments, but then after 2014 it would be gone and the real cuts would happen. this is it.

and they are using thhis to buy votes, the cuts shouuld have started now, but they are hiding that by spending this cash till after the eltion is over,

damn crooks

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well Chrissy I just got off my government regulated FEMA trailer toilet and as always I may have saved water with the first flush but it took two flushes to get the job done. Like all things the government touchs they spent twice what they said they were going to save.

[quote=\"TEOTWAWKI\"]Well Chrissy I just got off my government regulated FEMA trailer toilet and as always I may have saved water with the first flush but it took two flushes to get the job done. Like all things the government touchs they spent twice what they said they were going to save. [/quote]

i think its time th gov has to have the same ins as us, the same pension plan/retirement etc etc. and it should be based on what they contribute to it, not some large lump sum of cash.

the gov pension plan need to be a issue too becuse we spend more on it than we do for defense and more than welfare. the pensions are out of control

back to this. this needs to come out what they are doing to these people. beccasue these cuts will happen, they have to in order for obamacare to be funded. but right now they are hiding these cuts.. its sneeeeeeeeky and dirty

Whoa... My mother hasn't heard of this. She's lost all of her Mcare advantage coverage.

I'll be looking into this tomorrow.

[quote=\"PkrBum\"]Whoa... My mother hasn\'t heard of this. She\'s lost all of her Mcare advantage coverage.

I\'ll be looking into this tomorrow.[/quote]

please let us know what the verdict is.

[quote=\\\"PkrBum\\\"]Whoa... My mother hasn\\\'t heard of this. She\\\'s lost all of her Mcare advantage coverage.

I\\\'ll be looking into this tomorrow.[/quote]

please let us know what the verdict is.

to be fair she should still have it unless something else changed.

but you shoul know that it wasnt supposed to be there, they made this payoff to hide it after the election. and people are mis informed about what they are doing to them regarding this.

Ok... Just talked to her. She has bcbs medicare advantage... She did lose it for 2010 as a response to the aca. It was picked back up in 2011 with a monthly premium... increased percription costs... and a ten fold increase in medicare deductible.

She said that letters to discontinue medicare advantage were due this year but have been postponed by this obama bonus trick that delays the inevitable effect of obamacare... as of now she expects the cuts to take place at the end of year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum