Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Ultimate Fisherman (with special bonus feature: The Ultimate Builder)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Actually the video title is "The Ultimate Fisher" because we don't know if he or she is male or female. Could be either one.

One of mother nature's most impressive creatures and some of the best nature photography I've ever seen.

Last edited by Bob on 2/27/2014, 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

from wiki:

The Osprey is unusual in that it is a single living species that occurs nearly worldwide.
It is found on all continents except Antarctica, nesting in any location near a body of water providing an adequate food supply.
It is also known as the Sea Hawk, Fish Eagle or Fish Hawk.

The Osprey differs in several respects from other birds of prey. Its toes are of equal length, its tarsi are reticulate, and its talons are rounded, rather than grooved. The Osprey and owls are the only raptors whose outer toe is reversible, allowing them to grasp their prey with two toes in front and two behind. This is particularly helpful when they grab slippery fish.

The oldest recognized Osprey fossils have been recovered from the Oligocene age which goes back to 33 million years ago.

This not from wiki:

Ospreys are nesting on tall towers near Plaza De Luna at the foot of Palafox Street and you can watch them flying on about any given day on the Pensacola waterfront.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Let's switch gears now, and go from one of nature's most remarkable creations to one of man's.

If you will watch this video, I promise you will see something which is absolutely amazing.
And you will also get a glimpse of modern China I have not seen anywhere else.

http://www.pbs.org/program/super-skyscrapers/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I should add one thing for those who are not as computer savvy as others.
When you watch spectacular video photography like is found in both of this thread's videos, by all means don't settle for watching it postage stamp size.
Both of these videos are high resolution (high definiiton) photography. So by all means expand them to fill your computer monitor's screen.
And if anyone does not know how to do that with youtube or other videos, please tell us so we can help you with how to do that. This applies to ALL high definition videos which are streamed on the internet. Don't settle for postage stamps.

I absolutely LOVE to watch birds of prey. The way they fly, and hunt.
We have osprey here (southern Oregon), that I can watch from my den. Bald eagles (occasionally) and a myriad of hawks, as well. Owls too, Although we don't see them often, but we hear them at night.
Will be moving in April. This is one of the things about this home that I will really miss.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wait'll you see this, jose. It's a wonderfully awesome thing to watch.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And now it's time for this thread to leave Planet Earth. But if you didn't watch the Shanghai Tower video then shame on you. You won't be prepared to leave yet.

(CNN) -- Our galactic neighborhood just got a lot bigger. NASA on Wednesday announced the discovery of 715 new planets, by far the biggest batch of planets ever unveiled at once.

By way of comparison, about 1,000 planets total had been identified in our galaxy before Wednesday.

Four of those planets are in what NASA calls the "habitable zone," meaning they have the makeup to potentially support life.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/26/tech/innovation/nasa-new-planets/

Great Videos Mr Bob!! Remember when I told how I used to really enjoy watching the birds ride the winds around the Boats? Truly amazing, Some times they would be just be a few feet away as they flew the updrafts. They would come in a few inches over the water then shoot straight up when they got close to the boat. It was days like that, that made me glad I did not work inside. Rainy, cold days, not so much. lol

Bob wrote:Wait'll you see this,  jose.  It's a wonderfully awesome thing to watch.

thank you for posting that Smile

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Mr Ichi wrote:Great Videos Mr Bob!!  Remember when I told how I used to really enjoy watching the birds ride the winds around the Boats?  Truly amazing, Some times they would be just be a few feet away as they flew the updrafts.  They would come in a few inches over the water then shoot straight up when they got close to the boat. It was days like that, that made me glad I did not work inside.  Rainy, cold days, not so much. lol

I thought about you building the boats when I was watching the skyscraper video.  Don't miss watching that too. It's just as mind-blowing as the nature videos.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum