Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Interesting feature of this board

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Interesting feature of this board Empty Interesting feature of this board 7/27/2017, 10:34 am

When someone is online, you can see their location unless they have hidden it.

PkrBum

PkrBum

It's very simple to fool that... and IP.

2seaoat

The locator on this forum is very inconsistent depending on who is providing your internet. I had to use an ip server when one day I checked this feature and it showed my office building, but even worse, exactly what part of the building I had my desk. I was amazed on the information which was being transmitted. You cannot remain a ghost for long with that kind of information. I attacked a reporter for the PNJ and he made it his mission to find me. He did after I raised the spectrum of conflict of interest, but he did the same through an email search, and not an ip search, as you give a secondary email when opening a ghost email, and he went to the trouble in his official capacity to send me a veiled threat....I kept hammering away.

However, I use a different internet provider for my home. It shows that I am in Galesburg Illinois. The internet company I use has an oc3 fiber optic connection from our switching station in town and Galesburg is the regional hub. They also have a bandwidth server located in Galesburg which gives dynamic ips. So when I am located on the map it shows Galesburg. My SIL is from Galesburg, but we have no other connection with that town.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:....I kept hammering away.

That's spelled with a "y", not an "h".

2seaoat

That's spelled with a "y", not an "h".

Both spellings are correct.

RealLindaL

The locator feature is highly unreliable. I'm located in NW FL and sometimes it shows me in completely different states; other times it doesn't recognize me at all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum