Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Florida lawmakers vote to expand ‘stand your ground’ law

+4
Floridatexan
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
no stress
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

2seaoat

I know you're right. What does he have to lose now that he's retired ?..spill the beans, open the curtain ! Who are ya seaoat ?

I am not fully retired. I took early retirement for ss, but I will be working 3-4 days a week, but I can blow off a month because my boss is handsome, strong, intelligent, kind, compassionate, and very flexible with my hours. Why, when I get everybody so worked up, do you want to spoil the whole curtain thing....the wife will let you know who I was.......and that announcement is coming quicker than I would like.

2seaoat wrote:I know you're right. What does he have to lose now that he's retired ?..spill the beans, open the curtain ! Who are ya seaoat ?

I am not fully retired.  I took early retirement for ss, but I will be working 3-4 days a week, but I can blow off a month because my boss is handsome, strong, intelligent, kind, compassionate, and very flexible with my hours.  Why, when I get everybody so worked up, do you want to spoil  the whole curtain thing....the wife will let you know who I was.......and that announcement is coming  quicker than I would like.

How much time do they think you have?

2seaoat wrote:I know you're right. What does he have to lose now that he's retired ?..spill the beans, open the curtain ! Who are ya seaoat ?

I am not fully retired.  I took early retirement for ss, but I will be working 3-4 days a week, but I can blow off a month because my boss is handsome, strong, intelligent, kind, compassionate, and very flexible with my hours.  Why, when I get everybody so worked up, do you want to spoil  the whole curtain thing....the wife will let you know who I was.......and that announcement is coming  quicker than I would like.

well I didn't look at the other pages but you must have lost the debate, we are now talking about your illness.

why don't you just retire 100%, sell all your houses so your wife doesn't have to deal with that and death taxes.

sorry to hear your not doing well. that always worries me.  Crying or Very sad 

2seaoat

To answer both of your questions: The doctors keep telling me it is variable. However, I am now walking with a limp, in constant pain, and appreciate a pain free day with this wonderful tranquility I cannot explain. I am getting exhausted playing with the grandkids who we had for the weekend, and they kept asking me to take them fishing and hike looking for coyotes, and I had to explain that papa has an ouchie on his foot, and maybe next visit we can explore(will not happen unless I am in the golf cart), but they are very sensitive to my liver pain when they get in my lazy boy and cuddle watching utubes the five year old will ask....."papa is this your bad side"

I play poker a great deal and poker players and dealers are coming up and quietly asking how the battle is going.......they know by just watching me walk, and I can only smile as I used to watch these old people shuffle so slowly and think that everyone of us will face what I am facing. It really is not that bad, and those days of tranquility are less, but I will be damned if I am going to roll over.....and yes, the doctors were the ones who said to keep working, so I know when I push the envelope I am buying more time, but honestly some days are hard. I have never been so happy in my life, and someday you will understand.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:To answer both of your questions:  The doctors keep telling me it is variable.  However, I am now walking with a limp, in constant pain, and appreciate a pain free day with this wonderful tranquility I cannot explain.  I am getting exhausted playing with the grandkids who we had for the weekend, and they kept asking me to take them fishing and hike looking for coyotes, and I had to explain that papa has an ouchie on his foot, and maybe next visit we can explore(will not happen unless I am in the golf cart), but they are very sensitive to my liver pain when they get in my lazy boy and cuddle watching utubes the five year old will ask....."papa is this your bad side"

I play poker a great deal and poker players and dealers are coming up and quietly asking how the battle is going.......they know by just watching me walk, and I can only smile as I used to watch these old people shuffle so slowly and think that everyone of us will face what I am facing.  It really is not that bad, and those days of tranquility are less, but I will be damned if I am going to roll over.....and yes, the doctors were the ones who said to keep working, so I know when I push the envelope I am buying more time, but honestly some days are hard.  I have never been so happy in my life, and someday you will understand.

You are a champ, Seaoat, and you are leaving your mark on more than jsut your grandkids.....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

You are a champ, Seaoat, and you are leaving your mark on more than jsut your grandkids.....

I am not a champ. I am very fortunate to have known retired Leo who faced aggressive lung cancer, and quietly shared with us his journey. I am a bit more sharing because the slow nature of endocrine cancer I have had more time, but soon I too will be at a place like retired Leo. I had a good friend die from cancer who taught me how to die. He lived every day with passion and certainly did not let the disease define the time he had left in a negative way, and it was his humor as he would declare "dead man walking" as we all reassured him how good he looked, and I have grown to understand his frustration with the good intentions of people commenting on your appearance when you are sick.

I may live two more years and maybe the recent setbacks will not see me slip further for some time, but I like to share with people because it is the fear of the C word and death which can paralyze people with fear and in the process they lose the joy of life.....no matter how short or painful. No I am a lucky man who needs no pity and I share this final journey because I think we all face the same journey, and although our routes may be different, the destination remains the same. It should not be feared, and the journey from birth to death rather should be celebrated, and as Neko recovers she will have a new found wisdom which will permeate her being and soul, and that is enjoy every minute of the gift and take nothing for granted.

2seaoat wrote:You are a champ, Seaoat, and you are leaving your mark on more than jsut your grandkids.....

I am not a champ.  I am very fortunate to have known retired Leo who faced aggressive lung cancer, and quietly shared with us his journey.  I am a bit more sharing because the slow nature of endocrine cancer I have had more time, but soon I too will be at a place like retired Leo.  I had a good friend die from cancer who taught me how to die.  He lived every day with passion and certainly did not let the disease define the time he had left in a negative way, and it was his humor as he would declare "dead man walking" as we all reassured him how good he looked, and I have grown to understand his frustration with the good intentions of people commenting on your appearance when you are sick.

I may live two more years and maybe the recent setbacks will not see me slip further for some time, but I like to share with people because it is the fear of the C word and death which can paralyze people with fear and in the process they lose the joy of life.....no matter how short or painful.  No I am a lucky man who needs no pity and I share this final journey because I think we all face the same journey, and although our routes may be different, the destination remains the same.  It should not be feared, and the journey from birth to death rather should be celebrated, and as Neko recovers she will have a new found wisdom which will permeate her being and soul, and that is enjoy every minute of the gift and take nothing for granted.

I can see where you can say about the taking nothing for granted as you know the clock is ticking as in your case it ticks a little louder than the rest of us. I don't know about you saying neko may hear that same loud tick. maybe, maybe not. I literally died for a few seconds just over 20 years ago. I had a heart attack from congestive heart failure due to my kidneys shutting down and TTP. It did change my life and for a while I felt what you are talking about. Then as the years have gone on, I don't worry or think of dying and can honestly say I do take time for granted. I try to take a step back every now and then, but the daily routine catches me everyday. The work struggle takes up most of your day, then home life, kids, bills etc, and before you know it, after all that you go to bed just to get up and make it through another day of work, home life, kids, bills etc.

I myself am not afraid to die. I am afraid to die and leave my family destitute. and with time I am seeing each of them make their own way as I age, perhaps it is a natural process that I am lucky to be seeing as my time nears. as all of our time is near and it could be nearer than we like.

Youre still an asshole, but im glad you are enjoying your days. I often wonder why we all spend so much time here with each other. we all seem to hate each other and our lives are slipping away. ..................... Neutral 

2seaoat wrote:No cowardice from this keyboard.....when have I pouted and ran off from this forum because I could not debate an issue?   Ideas stand on their own merits.
I see a Heavyweight champion of the world taking on your hero Putin in the halls of government in Ukraine, and he is a real man with power and intelligence, not some hollywood make believe propaganda which props up a petty little dictator.  I am sure if Putin was in America, he would hide a weapon.  The heavyweight champ trained in Miami, and I guarantee you he never carried a weapon in America......he would laugh at the thought of the same......and it is real men like Mr. K who will defeat your bitch Putin.

Florida lawmakers vote to expand ‘stand your ground’ law - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjQOq0yLHV-v2akS1tXGAchhB29wke3JcIjzqaovueFfeD2Lnb

You mean the heavyweight who has the power and intelligence to eliminate due process for US citizens who may or may not be dissidents who are outside the US borders?

How much bravery does it take to judge a person without a trial of their peers and find them guilty, then simply eliminate them by sending a drone to take care of the problem if they set foot outside US borders?... and don't worry about any collateral damage (foreign national civilians) even if the drone attacks these dissidents not in a combat zone.

Then you have the gall to call ordinary citizens cowards with a gun?

Feel free to have your hero drop the drone program for areas outside of actual combat zones and reinstate due process for citizens who are in areas both domestic and aboard. While we're at it you can have your hero disband his bodyguards if you really think the streets are so safe.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk3sURDS4IA

Smile

2seaoat wrote:You are a champ, Seaoat, and you are leaving your mark on more than jsut your grandkids.....

I am not a champ.  I am very fortunate to have known retired Leo who faced aggressive lung cancer, and quietly shared with us his journey.  I am a bit more sharing because the slow nature of endocrine cancer I have had more time, but soon I too will be at a place like retired Leo.  I had a good friend die from cancer who taught me how to die.  He lived every day with passion and certainly did not let the disease define the time he had left in a negative way, and it was his humor as he would declare "dead man walking" as we all reassured him how good he looked, and I have grown to understand his frustration with the good intentions of people commenting on your appearance when you are sick.

I may live two more years and maybe the recent setbacks will not see me slip further for some time, but I like to share with people because it is the fear of the C word and death which can paralyze people with fear and in the process they lose the joy of life.....no matter how short or painful.  No I am a lucky man who needs no pity and I share this final journey because I think we all face the same journey, and although our routes may be different, the destination remains the same.  It should not be feared, and the journey from birth to death rather should be celebrated, and as Neko recovers she will have a new found wisdom which will permeate her being and soul, and that is enjoy every minute of the gift and take nothing for granted.

Retired Leo had colon cancer.

no stress

no stress

Dreamsglore wrote:

Retired Leo had colon cancer.
"I abuse stupid, and I will never make an apology for the same. Throughout history when stupid and peer pressure to accept the same is the rule without dissent, people get hurt. I also make no apology for tenacity. I pray that somebody is tenacious on issues and can expose weakness in my arguments and I can learn".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum