Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kentucky Snake Pastor killed by Snake

+4
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
Yella
Wordslinger
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Snake Pastor Jamie Coots, director of a Pentecostal church in Kentucky died from a rattlesnake bite while dancing with the snake at his church.

Just goes to show what a snaky sonofabitch that Jesus is to cause that snake to kill him that way.

Seems like every Christian group swears their strange rites are the real ones. How you supposed to know?

I guess its the same with the Muslims ...

Stay safe ...

Bad ideas fail... that's prolly in the bible somewhere.

Yella

Yella

Wordslinger wrote:Snake Pastor Jamie Coots, director of a Pentecostal church in Kentucky died from a rattlesnake bite while dancing with the snake at his church.

Just goes to show what a snaky sonofabitch that Jesus is to cause that snake to kill him that way.

Seems like every Christian group swears their strange rites are the real ones.  How you supposed to know?

I guess its the same with the Muslims ...

Stay safe ...

I bet that snake said, "Beat it,Buster,I don't wanna dance."

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

That's what happens when you don't read the instructions correctly.

2seaoat

Mark Chapter 16

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

sometimes the subtle allegorical use of language in the bible is confusing, but the taking up of serpents can mean many things other than teasing a rattlesnake.

Yella

Yella

Regular preachers might spend several hours writing their sermon but the Snake Preachers are time savers. All they gotta do is reach into a box and snatch out a big ol' watermoskin and wave it around a little and then start dancin' and shoutin' "Geezus! Geezus"

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Signs were given to the early church to establish it as God's church. It was determined that after a time the written word should take the place of signs.

1 Corinthians 14:19

19Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

20Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men. 21In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord. 22Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe. 23If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad? 24But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all: 25And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

Yella

Yella

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Signs were given to the early church to establish it as God's church. It was determined that after a time the written word should take the place of signs.

1 Corinthians 14:19

19Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

20Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men. 21In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord. 22Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe. 23If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad? 24But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all: 25And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

This must be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read. What would be wrong with changing it so it makes sense

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well i used to put the New International verses out but Chrissy slammed me for it so I put out King James now...nobody is ever happy..I personally love the King James for it's poetic beauty.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:

sometimes the subtle allegorical use of language in the bible is confusing, but the taking up of serpents can mean many things other than teasing a rattlesnake.

"Can mean many things" applies to a whole lots of stuff in the Bible. The Bible is the ultimate expression of "toasterism". lol

http://abcnews.go.com/US/snake-salvation-pastor-dies-snakebite/story?id=22542243

They say they are called by God to handle snakes. Guess not.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

That's why I left West Virginia..all them damned snakes...

He who lives by the snake dies by the snake...

knothead

knothead

I never fail to be completely befuddled over the moronic beliefs and practices regarding religion . . . . . it's BS but still fascinating.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

It's all about faith knothead. Faith is another word for belief. It's like you believing you live in a free country and actually own something in it of any value. See it's just another illusion.

The genius of our ruling class is that it has kept a majority of the people from ever questioning the inequity of a system where most people drudge along, paying heavy taxes for which they get nothing in return.
Gore Vidal

knothead

knothead

You can call it what you will but in my mind . . . these people are simply morons! Pitiful actually . . .

Markle

Markle

It's interesting. Only Heathens seem to find it a compulsion to attack those who are people of faith. Why?

You seldom, if ever see someone dedicate an entire thread to denigrating something in which they do not believe. Why?

I don't feel threatened by Wordslinger and the other Heathens here, why do they feel so threatened simply because I, and others, have a strong faith in God?

The way I see it, I'm perfectly comfortable, and don't feel a need to attack Heathens. Why do they feel the opposite about me? The only explaination is that they have such a deep, inexplicable FEAR of those of faith.

May God bless you one and all.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:It's all about faith knothead. Faith is another word for belief. It's like you believing you live in a free country and actually own something in it of any value. See it's just another illusion.

The genius of our ruling class is that it has kept a majority of the people from ever questioning the inequity of a system where most people drudge along, paying heavy taxes for which they get nothing in return.
Gore Vidal

Apples and oranges,Teo. Believing something won't kill you and clearly knowing it kills is not faith...it's stupidity. We can all assume now faith = stupidity.

Markle wrote:It's interesting.  Only Heathens seem to find it a compulsion to attack those who are people of faith.  Why?

You seldom, if ever see someone dedicate an entire thread to denigrating something in which they do not believe.  Why?

I don't feel threatened by Wordslinger and the other Heathens here, why do they feel so threatened simply because I, and others, have a strong faith in God?

The way I see it, I'm perfectly comfortable, and don't feel a need to attack Heathens.  Why do they feel the opposite about me?  The only explaination is that they have such a deep, inexplicable FEAR of those of faith.

Why you ask? Because the guy is dead. Very simple.

boards of FL

boards of FL

knothead wrote:You can call it what you will but in my mind . . . these people are simply morons!  Pitiful actually . . .

This recent scene from HBO's True Detective summed it up quite well...

Yella

Yella

TEOTWAWKI wrote:It's all about faith knothead. Faith is another word for belief. It's like you believing you live in a free country and actually own something in it of any value. See it's just another illusion.

Gore Vidal

The preacher dude had faith in the snake and look where it got him.Maybe Heaven.Who knows?

What difference does it make to y'all? Nobody is being forced to fund it or participate in it. Let bad ideas fail.

Hopefully before they procreate.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:What difference does it make to y'all? Nobody is being forced to fund it or participate in it. Let bad ideas fail.

100% of US congress is religious.  I suspect 100% of any level of government personnel within 100 miles of Pensacola is religious.  These people legislate the morality of their fairy tales.  As a result, I have to wait to buy beer on certain days, I can't gamble, and I can't see a fully nude stripper.

That's just BS.

And even if these religious people don't procreate, they're constantly trying to infiltrate the education system in the US with their fairy tales, so they will still have means of indoctrinating children - essentially the only way they're going to get anyone to by into their ish.

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:What difference does it make to y'all? Nobody is being forced to fund it or participate in it. Let bad ideas fail.

100% of US congress is religious.  I suspect 100% of any level of government personnel within 100 miles of Pensacola is religious.  These people legislate the morality of their fairy tales.  As a result, I have to wait to buy beer on certain days, I can't gamble, and I can't see a fully nude stripper.

That's just BS.

And even if these religious people don't procreate, they're constantly trying to infiltrate the education system in the US with their fairy tales, so they will still have means of indoctrinating children - essentially the only way they're going to get anyone to by into their ish.

You know I don't support that either. Though we constantly see education used to influence kids from leftists too.

Hopefully before they procreate.

Those bad ideas failed and took hundreds of people w/ them including innocent children in the Jim Jones cult.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:It's interesting.  Only Heathens seem to find it a compulsion to attack those who are people of faith.  Why?

You seldom, if ever see someone dedicate an entire thread to denigrating something in which they do not believe.  Why?

The way I see it, I'm perfectly comfortable, and don't feel a need to attack Heathens.  Why do they feel the opposite about me?  The only explaination is that they have such a deep, inexplicable FEAR of those of faith.

You're absolutely right Herr Markle. We heathens truly fear you religious freakos. Whether you pray to snakes, the so-called virgin Mary, dead Jews, Allah or whatever, you're all bad news to most of us! And we fear you justifiably for your track record of bigoted, hate mongered, self righteous cruelty to anyone who's different. Reality!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum