Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Party of Pussies

+5
Floridatexan
ZVUGKTUBM
dumpcare
boards of FL
Sal
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Party of Pussies - Page 2 Empty Re: Party of Pussies 2/14/2014, 9:31 pm

Markle

Markle

[quote="ZVUGKTUB"Why would Progressives…”mislead”… about these FACTS? Think we had forgotten?[/color]

Why do you keep posting the lie that the Democrats forced Ronald Reagan to establish the (then) largest deficits in peactime in our nation's history?

Republicans were big spenders under Reagan, who funneled untold billions into military spending, while continuing to grow all other areas of the government.

It is too bad that the 1985 Gramm-Rudman-Hollings Deficit Reduction Act was declared unconstitutional. It might have stopped Reagan's wild spending in its tracks, and set our nation on a less-suicidal course before it was too late.[/quote]

More desperation from the far left Progressives. You could not point out ONE lie I told in my post.

If you recall...President Reagan had a Democrat Congress with which to work.

27Party of Pussies - Page 2 Empty Re: Party of Pussies 2/14/2014, 10:51 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

They make fools of us all by setting us against each other like we were cheering for our favorite team. Unfortunately they all suck to high heaven and are using each other as a distraction while robbing our children's children for wars and welfare.

28Party of Pussies - Page 2 Empty Re: Party of Pussies 2/15/2014, 12:50 am

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:They make fools of us all by setting us against each other like we were cheering for our favorite team. Unfortunately they all suck to high heaven and are using each other as a distraction while robbing our children's children for wars and welfare.

Conservatives said that over five years ago that ObamaCare, welfare and all the other handouts of President Barack Hussein Obama would break the country.

The War on Terror, since it began in 2001, has cost $1.5 Trillion which is only slightly more than President Obama's deficit for one year.

29Party of Pussies - Page 2 Empty Re: Party of Pussies 2/15/2014, 4:52 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:If the debt accrued under bush bothers you... then you must really be pissed at obama.

Reagan's economic policies set into motion structural debt which even Bill Clinton's four years of balanced budgets could not slow as the anti union kill the middle class tax policies and wealth transfer policies built a debt which crashed the economy in 2008.  President Obama's first two years account for most of his contribution to the sum total of debt, and his last 4 years have cut the budget deficit in half, but my hero Ronald Reagan set in motion 30 years of economic decline and debt which has devastated median income and the middle class......you can play your slight of hand with someone who is clueless, but this has been hard for me to admit, but everything I believed in for 30 years was BS trickle down......and I fell for it hook line and sinker.

Never give up do you?  How is your pet unicorn?

Please show us the 30 years of economic decline from the time President Ronald Reagan took office.

Maybe you should print this and tape it to your monitor so you don't FORGET...AGAIN.

President Ronald Reagan's fiscal policies lead more than TWENTY FIVE YEARS of economic prosperity and low unemployment?

Progressives should remember that the inflation rate was 13.5% when President Reagan took office.  As Progressives SHOULD KNOW, that rate hurts low and middle income earners the most.  It was 4.14% the year he left office.  Thirty year mortgage rates were 16.6% [They reached over 18%] when Reagan took office (Progressives calculate your mortgage balance at THAT rate), how many homes can be sold at 18% interest.  It was 10.32% when he left, sky high by today’s standards but a drastic improvement.  The Top Tax Rate was 70% when he took office and 28% when he left.

REVENUES, as a result of those cuts nearly DOUBLED in that decade.  The National Debt increased, due to Democrat spending, from $900 BILLION to $2.6 TRILLION over EIGHT YEARS.  That is a far smaller increase over EIGHT YEARS than President Barack Hussein Obama has done to us in 2 ½ years, PLUS a projected DEFICIT for 2012 of $1.3 TRILLION!

Unemployment was rapidly increasing when Reagan took office and reached an annual average of 9.7% (10.8% November/December of 1982) his second year before the tax cuts went into effect.  After the tax rate cuts, unemployment dropped steadily to 5.3% his last year in office.

Why would Progressives…”mislead”… about these FACTS?  Think we had forgotten?

Who writes this asinine garbage? You're either lying through your teeth and/or a candidate for a rubber room...Reagan started the economy on the road to ruin, cutting taxes for the wealthy, lowering capital gains tax rates, and beginning the decline of the purchasing power of the majority. Interest rates soared during the Reagan administration. Even George H W Bush called Reagan's policies "voodoo economics"...when he was running for office. Afterwards, a different story. No doubt, Reagan set the stage for the ruinous policies of both Bushes.

30Party of Pussies - Page 2 Empty Re: Party of Pussies 2/15/2014, 5:02 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:They make fools of us all by setting us against each other like we were cheering for our favorite team. Unfortunately they all suck to high heaven and are using each other as a distraction while robbing our children's children for wars and welfare.

Conservatives said that over five years ago that ObamaCare, welfare and all the other handouts of President Barack Hussein Obama would break the country.

The War on Terror, since it began in 2001, has cost $1.5 Trillion which is only slightly more than President Obama's deficit for one year.

I'm sick of your slimy, mealy-mouth lies, Markle. The country was "broken" by George W Bush...the crowning glory of TARP was in September, 2008. Remember when McCain disrupted his campaign to rush to Washington? It is REPUBLICAN economic policy that is destroying our country...and has been since before the Reagan years. All those supposed scandals you keep bringing up are nothing more than GOP lies, repeated ad nauseum on multiple right-wing internet sites, talk radio and the disgusting FAUX NEWS.

You've got nothing.

31Party of Pussies - Page 2 Empty Re: Party of Pussies 2/15/2014, 5:06 pm

The turn actually began in the late seventies... sometimes it takes awhile for policies to hit home. The big expansion was in the 60's... along with some crappy trade deals by nixon. By the time we realized we were screwed we "needed" govt solutions.

Btw... does anyone remember obama promising to review trade agreements... most notably nafta? Didn't think so.

32Party of Pussies - Page 2 Empty Re: Party of Pussies 2/15/2014, 5:11 pm

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:
Btw... does anyone remember obama promising to review trade agreements... most notably nafta? Didn't think so.

I really believe that the majority of candidates that reach the Oval Office are surprised to find the extent to which outside forces are pulling the strings and how little power and control they themselves can wield.

33Party of Pussies - Page 2 Empty Re: Party of Pussies 2/15/2014, 5:35 pm

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:If the debt accrued under bush bothers you... then you must really be pissed at obama.

Reagan's economic policies set into motion structural debt which even Bill Clinton's four years of balanced budgets could not slow as the anti union kill the middle class tax policies and wealth transfer policies built a debt which crashed the economy in 2008.  President Obama's first two years account for most of his contribution to the sum total of debt, and his last 4 years have cut the budget deficit in half, but my hero Ronald Reagan set in motion 30 years of economic decline and debt which has devastated median income and the middle class......you can play your slight of hand with someone who is clueless, but this has been hard for me to admit, but everything I believed in for 30 years was BS trickle down......and I fell for it hook line and sinker.

Never give up do you?  How is your pet unicorn?

Please show us the 30 years of economic decline from the time President Ronald Reagan took office.

Maybe you should print this and tape it to your monitor so you don't FORGET...AGAIN.

President Ronald Reagan's fiscal policies lead more than TWENTY FIVE YEARS of economic prosperity and low unemployment?

Progressives should remember that the inflation rate was 13.5% when President Reagan took office.  As Progressives SHOULD KNOW, that rate hurts low and middle income earners the most.  It was 4.14% the year he left office.  Thirty year mortgage rates were 16.6% [They reached over 18%] when Reagan took office (Progressives calculate your mortgage balance at THAT rate), how many homes can be sold at 18% interest.  It was 10.32% when he left, sky high by today’s standards but a drastic improvement.  The Top Tax Rate was 70% when he took office and 28% when he left.

REVENUES, as a result of those cuts nearly DOUBLED in that decade.  The National Debt increased, due to Democrat spending, from $900 BILLION to $2.6 TRILLION over EIGHT YEARS.  That is a far smaller increase over EIGHT YEARS than President Barack Hussein Obama has done to us in 2 ½ years, PLUS a projected DEFICIT for 2012 of $1.3 TRILLION!

Unemployment was rapidly increasing when Reagan took office and reached an annual average of 9.7% (10.8% November/December of 1982) his second year before the tax cuts went into effect.  After the tax rate cuts, unemployment dropped steadily to 5.3% his last year in office.

Why would Progressives…”mislead”… about these FACTS?  Think we had forgotten?

Who writes this asinine garbage?  You're either lying through your teeth and/or a candidate for a rubber room...Reagan started the economy on the road to ruin, cutting taxes for the wealthy, lowering capital gains tax rates, and beginning the decline of the purchasing power of the majority.  Interest rates soared during the Reagan administration.  Even George H W Bush called Reagan's policies "voodoo economics"...when he was running for office.  Afterwards, a different story.  No doubt, Reagan set the stage for the ruinous policies of both Bushes.

How then did we have over a quarter of a century of economic growth and prosperity after Ronald Reagan became president if he was as bad as you say?

What, exactly, did I post which you believe is in error? If you can't be specific, then it is you who writes the "asinine garbage" and who is "lying through their teeth".

34Party of Pussies - Page 2 Empty Re: Party of Pussies 2/15/2014, 5:43 pm

Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

I really believe that the majority of candidates that reach the Oval Office are surprised to find the extent to which outside forces are pulling the strings and how little power and control they themselves can wield.

Perhaps a bit more experience or real world exposure might be a good idea in the future?

I'd like a term limit from the lowest level. If you don't perform at the local level... you go home.

35Party of Pussies - Page 2 Empty Re: Party of Pussies 2/15/2014, 5:47 pm

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:
Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Perhaps a bit more experience or real world exposure might be a good idea in the future?

I'd like a term limit from the lowest level. If you don't perform at the local level... you go home.

I guess Mittens would be an exception.

But, his is not the kind of "experience" and "real world exposure" that I would deem helpful in fixing our economy.

lol

36Party of Pussies - Page 2 Empty Re: Party of Pussies 2/15/2014, 5:51 pm

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Is that one of your excuses for President Barack Hussein Obama being such a total failure and the United States being in such horrible condition?

37Party of Pussies - Page 2 Empty Re: Party of Pussies 2/15/2014, 5:53 pm

Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

But, his is not the kind of "experience" and "real world exposure" that I would deem helpful in fixing our economy.

lol

I have no delusion that the progressive romney was the answer... maybe a trillion less counted debt... but no.

38Party of Pussies - Page 2 Empty Re: Party of Pussies 2/15/2014, 6:12 pm

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

lol

Why? Because he has been so successful in the past? Yeah, sure don't want THAT to happen!

President Barack Hussein Obama has proven how successful someone who knows less than nothing about economics, business, international affairs and who has never managed anything more complex than an ACORN meeting can be at running the greatest country in the world.

39Party of Pussies - Page 2 Empty Re: Party of Pussies 2/15/2014, 6:16 pm

knothead

knothead

Markle wrote:
Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

lol

Why?  Because he has been so successful in the past?  Yeah, sure don't want THAT to happen!

President Barack Hussein Obama has proven how successful someone who knows less than nothing about economics, business, international affairs and who has never managed anything more complex than an ACORN meeting can be at running the greatest country in the world.

Well sir, the American people disagree with that view don't they?

40Party of Pussies - Page 2 Empty Re: Party of Pussies 2/15/2014, 10:12 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

You've got nothing.

Not too many posters believe what Markle posts. He sure tries to be convincing, however.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

41Party of Pussies - Page 2 Empty Re: Party of Pussies 2/16/2014, 8:06 pm

Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

is this excuse exclusive to only liberals who get in office or do conservs get the same pass?

42Party of Pussies - Page 2 Empty Re: Party of Pussies 2/16/2014, 8:56 pm

March 6th, 2006

"Mr. President, I rise today to talk about America's debt problem.

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can't pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies.

Over the past 5 years, our federal debt has increased by $3.5 trillion to $8.6 trillion. That is "trillion" with a "T." That is money that we have borrowed from the Social Security trust fund, borrowed from China and Japan, borrowed from American taxpayers. And over the next 5 years, between now and 2011, the President's budget will increase the debt by almost another $3.5 trillion.

Numbers that large are sometimes hard to understand. Some people may wonder why they matter. Here is why: This year, the Federal Government will spend $220 billion on interest. That is more money to pay interest on our national debt than we'll spend on Medicaid and the State Children's Health Insurance Program. That is more money to pay interest on our debt this year than we will spend on education, homeland security, transportation, and veterans benefits combined. It is more money in one year than we are likely to spend to rebuild the devastated gulf coast in a way that honors the best of America.

And the cost of our debt is one of the fastest growing expenses in the Federal budget. This rising debt is a hidden domestic enemy, robbing our cities and States of critical investments in infrastructure like bridges, ports, and levees; robbing our families and our children of critical investments in education and health care reform; robbing our seniors of the retirement and health security they have counted on. Every dollar we pay in interest is a dollar that is not going to investment in America's priorities. Instead, interest payments are a significant tax on all Americans — a debt tax that Washington doesn't want to talk about. If Washington were serious about honest tax relief in this country, we would see an effort to reduce our national debt by returning to responsible fiscal policies.

But we are not doing that. Despite repeated efforts by Senators Conrad and Feingold, the Senate continues to reject a return to the commonsense Pay-go rules that used to apply. Previously, Pay-go rules applied both to increases in mandatory spending and to tax cuts. The Senate had to abide by the commonsense budgeting principle of balancing expenses and revenues. Unfortunately, the principle was abandoned, and now the demands of budget discipline apply only to spending. As a result, tax breaks have not been paid for by reductions in Federal spending, and thus the only way to pay for them has been to increase our deficit to historically high levels and borrow more and more money. Now we have to pay for those tax breaks plus the cost of borrowing for them. Instead of reducing the deficit, as some people claimed, the fiscal policies of this administration and its allies in Congress will add more than $600 million in debt for each of the next 5 years. That is why I will once again cosponsor the Pay-go amendment and continue to hope that my colleagues will return to a smart rule that has worked in the past and can work again.

Our debt also matters internationally. My friend, the ranking member of the Senate Budget Committee, likes to remind us that it took 42 Presidents 224 years to run up only $1 trillion of foreign-held debt. This administration did more than that in just 5 years. Now, there is nothing wrong with borrowing from foreign countries. But we must remember that the more we depend on foreign nations to lend us money, the more our economic security is tied to the whims of foreign leaders whose interests might not be aligned with ours.

Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that "the buck stops here.'' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.

I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America's debt limit."

Barrack H. Obama
US Senator
--------------
So as the emperor says not as he does.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum