Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

CVS stops selling cigarettes

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CVS stops selling cigarettes Empty CVS stops selling cigarettes 2/5/2014, 9:56 am

dumpcare

So I would agree that since CVS wants to be known as a healthcare company and stop selling cigarettes is alright. Their focus is on the 100 of million's of dollar's ACA is going to make for them. Quoted from President of CVS/Caremark. Don't you all think if they want to be a healthcare company that they should also stop selling beer and wine?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Back when I had Mega for health insurance,  it used CVS/Caremark for it's drug plan.
I'm on a cholesterol drug called Fenofibrate (the generic of Tricor).  The drug plan gave me 90 units of generics for $30 if I get it mail order.  But only until I reached a maximum of $1000 in the retail value of the drugs it was giving me.  After that I pay the full retail price.
They never sent me a refill until I asked for one.  Then last year they sent me a refill without me asking for it.  And since I had gone over the $1000 limit,  they billed me $240 for the refill (which is a higher price than I can walk into any pharmacy and buy it for).
I mailed it back to them with a letter telling them I never ordered it.  I thought that would be the end of it.
Boy was I wrong.  They kept billing me month after month and then finally turned me over to a collection agency.  And now it's on my credit report.

dumpcare

Bob wrote:Back when I had Mega for health insurance,  it used CVS/Caremark for it's drug plan.
I'm on a cholesterol drug called Fenofibrate (the generic of Tricor).  The drug plan gave me 90 units of generics for $30 if I get it mail order.  But only until I reached a maximum of $1000 in the retail value of the drugs it was giving me.  After that I pay the full retail price.
They never sent me a refill until I asked for one.  Then last year they sent me a refill without me asking for it.  And since I had gone over the $1000 limit,  they billed me $240 for the refill (which is a higher price than I can walk into any pharmacy and buy it for).
I mailed it back to them with a letter telling them I never ordered it.  I thought that would be the end of it.
Boy was I wrong.  They kept billing me month after month and then finally turned me over to a collection agency.  And now it's on my credit report.

File a dispute with the credit reporting agency and put that in your file.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

ppaca wrote:So I would agree that since CVS wants to be known as a healthcare company and stop selling cigarettes is alright. Their focus is on the 100 of million's of dollar's ACA is going to make for them. Quoted from President of CVS/Caremark. Don't you all think if they want to be a healthcare company that they should also stop selling beer and wine?

Yes, along with fattening junk food and low SPF sun tan oil.

well, we can just watch cvs go down the tubes with obamacare then.

dumpcare

Well you could but their President said this morning on CNBC they will be make 100 million more on Obamacare, don't know where. But the point was she said they wanted be more like a responsible healthcare company that's why they are stopping tobacco, well then why don't they also stop the sale of beer and wine and as queen of hearts put, all the junk food. I don't care what they do but it doesn't make sense to stop selling something that causes cancer and other health problems but stop selling the other's.

ppaca wrote:Well you could but their President said this morning on CNBC they will be make 100 million more on Obamacare, don't know where. But the point was she said they wanted be more like a responsible healthcare company that's why they are stopping tobacco, well then why don't they also stop the sale of beer and wine and as queen of hearts put, all the junk food. I don't care what they do but it doesn't make sense to stop selling something that causes cancer and other health problems but stop selling the other's.

Tobacco products are known to be detrimental to health, and lead to cancer, heart disease, stroke. Cigarette smoking is the leading preventable cause of death in the United States.  I don't know of any positive health benefits.

Alcohol has known health benefits. Examples may include:

•Reduce your risk of developing heart disease
•Reduce your risk of dying of a heart attack
•Possibly reduce your risk of strokes, particularly ischemic strokes
•Lower your risk of gallstones
•Possibly reduce your risk of diabetes

Of course, personal responsibility is essential. Just as one Hershey Kiss is likely not harmful, but daily consumption of the whole bag might be; so it is true, regarding alcohol consumption.

ppaca wrote:
Bob wrote:Back when I had Mega for health insurance,  it used CVS/Caremark for it's drug plan.

File a dispute with the credit reporting agency and put that in your file.

File a complaint with consumerfinance.gov. I believe they regulate credit reporting agencies and debt collectors.

ppaca wrote:Well you could but their President said this morning on CNBC they will be make 100 million more on Obamacare, don't know where. But the point was she said they wanted be more like a responsible healthcare company that's why they are stopping tobacco, well then why don't they also stop the sale of beer and wine and as queen of hearts put, all the junk food. I don't care what they do but it doesn't make sense to stop selling something that causes cancer and other health problems but stop selling the other's.

because they are going to do what the gov wants so they can get that cash.

which is really silly because sales of cigs make so much tax money for the gov.

facts are that not all lung cancers are associated with smoking. cancer increase happens with any organ or cell of the body when it is damaged by anything that causes cell mitosis. A person working with chemicals, example painters, coal miners, asbestos, any fine mist such as making cardboard boxes, wood work, farming with chemicals, any fumes etc, the list goes on and on, problem is a lot of people smoke and its a easy target. there is no specific test to prove a cancer is directly associated to just smoking. It is always assumed if the person is a smoker and other avenues are very rarely even looked at other than asbestos and coal.

but back to what heart said, yes, if they want to be a healthcare org, they should stop selling alcohol. I don't know about food products because even the hospitals sell artery clogging foods. I should know.  Neutral 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum